Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's wrong with Houston?

oldunclemark

The lone star boys barely survived the no-offense Bears....

..and were pushed to OT by sub-.500 Jax and Detroit.. Come on, man.

.....if it wasnt for a misinterperation of the rules...they lose at Detroit..and they needed a miracle to beat Jax at home...

why are the Texas fading...injuries? gambling 'D'?

lots of people claimed before the season that a wade philips defense tends to be less effective after a year or two. not sure how much merit that has....or if it just hasn't been circumstance in the past. having said that, i'm sure it doesn't help that cushing is out and joseph has been banged up.

Well, OP, I will clear things up for you. The Bears were and still are regarded as one of the top teams in the NFC, and came in with a top 3 scoring defense as well as a potent quarterback to wide receiver duo. They also had the same record as us, 7-1. Just because our defense isn't perfect or as intimidating as it was earlier in the season or like last year does not mean that there is something wrong with the Houston Texans. Jacksonville game was an example of a team that had not prepared for the back-up...I thought that would be fairly obvious. Plus it was a division game and we all know how those go...in any case, the Texans are undefeated in both conference and division play, so...yeah. We were also without arguably our second-best defensive player and emotional leader, as well as our top starting cornerback. Brooks Reed also went out a little early in the game, but I digress. The Lions are a good team and also boast one of the top QB-WR duos in the NFL. As for all this "Texans get blown out if they don't get the call" bull...well, it happened in the third quarter, and we were already pushing towards the endzone. We can play the what if game all we want. What if the Texans scored there, forced a fumble on kickoff, and scored again? Trust me, there is nothing wrong with the Texans. Look at the hard fought wins and the record and you will see it clearly.

and what was JJ Watt....crying to his defensive coach about?

...the Lions were running right over his position and there's no one else to look at

JJ Watt had 5 tackles and three sacks. He wasn't crying or complaining, teams tend to get emotional in games like this one. What did you want him to do, thank the offensive player for scoring and give him a pat on the head? Sorry but we don't do that down here in Texas. ;)

JJ Watt had 5 tackles and three sacks. He wasn't crying or complaining, teams tend to get emotional in games like this one. What did you want him to do, thank the offensive player for scoring and give him a pat on the head? Sorry but we don't do that down here in Texas. ;)

I want him to stop the run.

They ran over him....QB....on successive plays....that Lions backup ran 23 yards fr a key 4th Q TD..

and then he went to the bench and argued with his coach..

He was not effective against the run late in the game...I know you saw it.

It's pick on Houston day! :applause:

Anyway, to be honest I don't think it would be a terrible thing for the Texans to lose a game. I don't think it would have been horrible for them to have lost one of the last two. Sometimes I feel when you are streaking and keep squeaking out wins (and yes we have been there) that sometimes a loss is good as crazy as it sounds to "reset" and "start over." I don't mean a resting starters loss either. A good clean loss.

So in conclusion it would be to Houston's best benefit if they got swept by the Colts. Just for their own good and to help them. Don't say Jules never thinks of the best long term outlook of other teams because I DO.

They have a target on their backs. They get everyone's best every single Sunday/Monday/Thursday. That is how it works when you are on top. Not only that, but they are probably hitting a level of complacency as well.

Keeping an "A" is harder than getting an "A." Almost anyone can get an "A" once. -Michelle Pfeiffer, Dangerous Minds

They remind me of the Falcons....Kings of October......Little Drummer Boys in december

Everybody's a critic until they they get knocked on their caboose...Then, we will see who is laughing. The Houston Texans aren't INDY's little brother anymore. Look at their last 2 games vs Jacksonville & Detroit...There was a time when they seldom came from behind to win. You can't say that anymore. Under estimate them at your own peril, mock them if you wish, I don't...

The Texans are 10-1. Style points don't count.

I'm really looking forward to December 10. Bring your long johns.

Long johns? They'll bring coats and quilts to wrap up in on the sideline lol. I know they are athletes but believe me when I say that it is pretty hot down here lol. I hope they can adjust and get used to that cold NE weather. Another reason to push for homefield advantage...New England in the playoffs is brutal.

They have a target on their backs. They get everyone's best every single Sunday/Monday/Thursday. That is how it works when you are on top. Not only that, but they are probably hitting a level of complacency as well.

Keeping an "A" is harder than getting an "A." Almost anyone can get an "A" once. -Michelle Pfeiffer, Dangerous Minds

For the Texans sake I hope not. Arian Foster called the Jacksonville fiasco though...he warned the media that he was not underestimating them. I'm glad he didn't, or that would have been a loss.