Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Suck Again!

Guest BlueShoe

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To the OP -- I wouldn't say 3-13, I don't know about anyone else, but I liked what I saw from the preseasoon, especially the last 2 games. I think we could make it through while PM is injured. If PM doesn't play at all this year (which he won't) we wouldn't go 3-13, we would go 6-10, or 7-9.

Chill out. We haven't even gotten through week 1 yet and you got us only winning three games? What? I don't know how many times people can say this but: CALM DOWN. Lets make it to week 2 and see how everyone is doing then. AFTER we've played a real team in a real game and lets see how our players perform. Let's see where Peyton is in two weeks or so. You act like Peyton plays every position on the field, he doesn't btw. Like every talking head that talks talks talks until they're blue in the face about predictions and what this person can do and what problems they had last season and blah blah blah blah blah and expectations and strength of division blah blah blah. Plus how exactly are you predicting we lose these games? How would you know being that we haven't even played a regular season game yet? How would we know our REAL weaknesses and strengths THIS SEASON if we haven't even played yet? Take a Valium and start this train again in a few weeks.

I haven't missed a game since the Colts moved to Indiana. Every single game all the way to the very end of every one of them.

Be careful who you call a "fair weather" fan!

I am concerned and I don't think we have the team we need without Peyton to play this schedule that we have. I see three wins and that is just my opinion. I will root for us and want us to win everyone of them. In fact, in my pickem leagues I will even pick the Colts to win every game. But this is not a good situation.

It's not good. We will see if you are actually a fan if we do only win 3 games this season. Make no mistake about it - I won't miss a snap!

That's funny!

I got Sunday Ticket the year Peyton was drafted. I have EVERY game (as a Colt) he ever played on DVD. And I usually watch every game 3 or 4 times. (except the heartbreakers that knock us out of the playoffs like 2005 against Pitt, or the SD playoff losses.(those I only watched once....that was enough)

Trust me, whether Peyton plays or not, NO ONE is a BIGGER Colt fan than me.

But 3 wins? Crazy.

I agree we don't win the SB, or maybe even make the playoffs without Manning, but we have too much other talent for only 3 wins! Thats just crazy talk.

IMO.

And looking at the other posts in this thread, I'm not alone.... you are.

That's funny!

I got Sunday Ticket the year Peyton was drafted. I have EVERY game (as a Colt) he ever played on DVD. And I usually watch every game 3 or 4 times. (except the heartbreakers that knock us out of the playoffs like 2005 against Pitt, or the SD playoff losses.(those I only watched once....that was enough)

Trust me, whether Peyton plays or not, NO ONE is a BIGGER Colt fan than me.

But 3 wins? Crazy.

I agree we don't win the SB, or maybe even make the playoffs without Manning, but we have too much other talent for only 3 wins! Thats just crazy talk.

IMO.

And looking at the other posts in this thread, I'm not alone.... you are.

Can we add this to the list of things not to say. To me this is right up there with the "I've been a fan this long there for I know more than person x" line.

Guest BlueShoe

Can we add this to the list of things not to say. To me this is right up there with the "I've been a fan this long there for I know more than person x" line.

Works for me.

By the way to the person you were quoting, I have VHS tapes from 1988 to 2004. While they take up a lot of space, it doesn't make me any bigger of a fan than anyone else.

Works for me.

By the way to the person you were quoting, I have VHS tapes from 1988 to 2004. While they take up a lot of space, it doesn't make me any bigger of a fan than anyone else.

If you look again, I said no one is bigger fan than me.

I didn't say I was a bigger fan than ANYONE else.

There is a MAJOR difference between the two.

You said I wouldn't be a fan if we went 3-13. Do you remember the 80s? I too have vhs (now transfered to DVD) from the games I got on tv then. Which is not many since I live in Pa. My brother took me to Colt gams in Baltimore starting in the early seventies and I was hooked ever since.

I WASN't being disrespectful if it came across that way. But NO ONE will tell me how big of a Colts fan I am, as I wouldn't of someone else. Do you have ANY idea how hard it was being a Colts fan in PA during those "lean" years? Pretty tough! I didn't know ANY other Colt fans. But wore it as a badge of honor.

Read my post again. PLEASE! I wasn't calling YOU a "fair weather fan" anyway. I said "some of these" fans. I was talking to you, so I meant others. Relax. We're all in this together.

And what did you expect starting a thread titled "WE suck again" Again? I don't think we've sucked since the early or mid-eighties really.

I feel horribly spoiled. I've only been a football fan in general for the past three years, so I haven't experienced what most of you have described as 'the dark days.' Seeing as I'm only twenty-one and a girl, I'm not ashamed of that fact.

I'm still cautiously optimistic about Peyton's health. I'm resigned that he'll miss a few games, but I'm not convinced this thing derails him, or the Colts. I'm not panicking yet.

I feel horribly spoiled. I've only been a football fan in general for the past three years, so I haven't experienced what most of you have described as 'the dark days.' Seeing as I'm only twenty-one and a girl, I'm not ashamed of that fact.

I'm still cautiously optimistic about Peyton's health. I'm resigned that he'll miss a few games, but I'm not convinced this thing derails him, or the Colts. I'm not panicking yet.

You aren't spoiled you get what you are seeing and doing what you should enjoying it. Nothing wrong with that.

Pretty painful to watch all of this go down. If Peyton is out for an extended period of time then our chances of making the playoffs are slim to none, but the good news is we can get a head start on the draft.

Before my homerism kicks in and I start believing we can actually win every game, I want to have an objective view - If the bad years taught me anything it is that I will try to "reason and argue" why we can win every game even with the 1991 Colts (which I did).

I have a bad feeling that Peyton might not play all season. I hope I am wrong. If it is what's needed then we should just put him on IR so he can heal the way he needs to.

I won't make a prediction with Peyton, but without him here you go:

Wk	Game	        Stadium	                Prediction
1 IND @ HOU Reliant Stadium LOSS
2 CLE @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
3 PIT @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
4 IND @ TB Raymond James Stadium LOSS
5 KC @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
6 IND @ CIN Paul Brown Stadium WIN****
7 IND @ NO Superdome LOSS
8 IND @ TEN LP Field LOSS
9 ATL @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
10 JAC @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
12 CAR @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium WIN****
13 IND @ NE Gillette Stadium LOSS
14 IND @ BAL M&T Bank Stadium LOSS
15 TEN @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium WIN****
16 HOU @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium LOSS
17 IND @ JAC EverBank Field LOSS

On the bright side if we do lose Peyton for the season then we will have some great draft picks plus the world will finally see how important Peyton really is to our team. No way we win double digits without Peyton like the Pats did without Brady.

BLEEDING BLUE ALL THE WAY THROUGH!!!

GO COLTS!!!

:coltslogo:

Peyton Manning - Comeback Player of the Year in 2012!!!

Horrible post.. 2 year Colt fans need not apply. Really? Why?

JMO

Right On... Optimism vs Negativism....

The Colts will be fine with Kerry..... as long as healthy.

Guest BlueShoe

Horrible post.. 2 year Colt fans need not apply. Really? Why?

JMO

Try again dude. I have watched every snap since 1984.

You can have your opinion, but don't try to call me a 2 year fan. When I first started watching this team #18 was Mike Pagel.

The more I think about I might have to up my prediction earlier from 5-11 to 6-10 or 7-9 if PM doesn't play the entire season. I really like the moves we have made in the off-season, and we are extremely talented at the WR/TE position to help Collins. We also are shoring up our running game big time. Collins should be able to keep us in a lot of games, especially if our defense shows up to play.

Try again dude. I have watched every snap since 1984.

You can have your opinion, but don't try to call me a 2 year fan. When I first started watching this team #18 was Mike Pagel.

P.S. Quite frankly it doesn't matter when you started watching the Colts play. All that matters is your opinion posted, which I do not agree with.

Why cant ppl say that? not all fans are the same.. I have a friend who's a "colts fan" but he only likes the colts when they are serious contenders... there are the raiders *colts* fans and then there are the guys that just are like ehh. So yea diff type of fans.

Guest BlueShoe

To the OP -- I wouldn't say 3-13, I don't know about anyone else, but I liked what I saw from the preseasoon, especially the last 2 games. I think we could make it through while PM is injured. If PM doesn't play at all this year (which he won't) we wouldn't go 3-13, we would go 6-10, or 7-9.

It's possible and I hope you're right, but I believe the rest of the NFL is going to see just how important Peyton really is to this team.

It will make us stronger and we might "WILL" a few wins, but we will be out-manned in many games with the schedule that we have. Just my opinion.

Guest BlueShoe

Why cant ppl say that? not all fans are the same.. I have a friend who's a "colts fan" but he only likes the colts when they are serious contenders... there are the raiders *colts* fans and then there are the guys that just are like ehh. So yea diff type of fans.

Well when you call a lifetime devoted fan a bandwagon fan then it crosses some lines. I will root for this team to win every game and as I pointed out above, I will even convince myself as to how we can win each game. But looking at it right now with an objective view point; I just don't see us winning many games without Peyton. It is what I see happening. The games haven't been played yet. I am just preparing myself for what is likely to come. It may not be the most popular thing to say right now but that doesn't matter. Everyone here has a right to their opinion. Without Peyton a 3-13 record sounds about right to me.

Guest BlueShoe

I think it's being mentioned because it's a real possibility. It's heartbreak as much as panic.

And to add to that, for some of us it is the reality that we see setting in. Some fans might see this whole thing as a reason for other players to step up and they might believe they will. I think they will play very hard for a few weeks, but losing takes a toll on a team and these losses could start to pile up pretty quickly. We have a very tough schedule.

We all knew this day would come sooner or later so I am ready for a bad season if that is what happens here.

Still kicking and screaming BLUE all the way. ;)

Well when you call a lifetime devoted fan a bandwagon fan then it crosses some lines. I will root for this team to win every game and as I pointed out above, I will even convince myself as to how we can win each game. But looking at it right now with an objective view point; I just don't see us winning many games without Peyton. It is what I see happening. The games haven't been played yet. I am just preparing myself for what is likely to come. It may not be the most popular thing to say right now but that doesn't matter. Everyone here has a right to their opinion. Without Peyton a 3-13 record sounds about right to me.

Im not taking any sides here im just saying there are diff type of fans out there, there's a reason the word bandwagon is out there... But yea it doesnt make sense to call someone a bandwagon on here especially if you dont know the person thats just ill advised..

It's possible and I hope you're right, but I believe the rest of the NFL is going to see just how important Peyton really is to this team.

It will make us stronger and we might "WILL" a few wins, but we will be out-manned in many games with the schedule that we have. Just my opinion.

But your prediction of 3-13 seems like you think Peyton will not play at all. Anyways... Kerry Collins is a good backup, and look at what he did in TEN. Obviously he's not as good as Peyton, but he's a great replacement for 2 or 3 weeks. During this strech, the defense needs to step up, and I think they will b/c I look back at the playoffs where we won the SB; PM played badly, but they came together and we won in the end. Don't turn your back on the Colts yet. If Collins throws 4 INTs in the Texans game, and we lose by 30 points, then we could let the worrying start.

Guest BlueShoe

Im not taking any sides here im just saying there are diff type of fans out there, there's a reason the word bandwagon is out there... But yea it doesnt make sense to call someone a bandwagon on here especially if you dont know the person thats just ill advised..

If this season is anything I think it could be then we are all going to go through every emotion along the way. I remember in 1991 when we only on 1 game and I was rooting the entire way for a win. There were guys living on billboards until we won a game. They were up there a very long time. After living through a few really bad seasons, I think I have just taken the route to accept what could be heading our way, enjoy the moments that we will have that are fun, look forward to a high draft pick, and hope with all my might that Peyton can get back before it is all too late. But if we have a season where we only win a few games then we have been a lucky bunch for a long, long time. 2012 could be a great year too. It's been a long time since we have had a top 15 draft pick. Polian doesn't miss on those guys and we get players who are super stars in this league - Peyton, Edgerrin, and Freeney.

Are you still cryin about me calling you a bandwagon fan?

I DIDN't! Read my post again.

Sheesh. move on.

This is getting old.

This board is here for OPINIONs as well as facts.

I just don't see 3-13, even with Painter. We can differ on our opinions and still get along.

Guest BlueShoe

But your prediction of 3-13 seems like you think Peyton will not play at all. Anyways... Kerry Collins is a good backup, and look at what he did in TEN. Obviously he's not as good as Peyton, but he's a great replacement for 2 or 3 weeks. During this strech, the defense needs to step up, and I think they will b/c I look back at the playoffs where we won the SB; PM played badly, but they came together and we won in the end. Don't turn your back on the Colts yet. If Collins throws 4 INTs in the Texans game, and we lose by 30 points, then we could let the worrying start.

I am not sure if Peyton is going to play this season. This sure is not a good picture we are faced with right now. I just hope that if/when we start this losing streak that I see in front of us that other Colts fans have seriously prepared themselves for this possibility. It could be a major panic on this board soon.

I just want for Peyton to get well and hopefully he can get back sooner than later. But as a fan, I also don't want him to do anything that could jeopardize his future health. He just had twins and he has a whole life ahead of him after football.

Guest BlueShoe

Are you still cryin about me calling you a bandwagon fan?

I DIDN't! Read my post again.

Sheesh. move on.

This is getting old.

This board is here for OPINIONs as well as facts.

I just don't see 3-13, even with Painter. We can differ on our opinions and still get along.

Not sure where you're coming from here.

As far as the record, well without Peyton I do see a 3-13 record so we will just have to agree to disagree and see how things play out.

If this season is anything I think it could be then we are all going to go through every emotion along the way. I remember in 1991 when we only on 1 game and I was rooting the entire way for a win. There were guys living on billboards until we won a game. They were up there a very long time. After living through a few really bad seasons, I think I have just taken the route to accept what could be heading our way, enjoy the moments that we will have that are fun, look forward to a high draft pick, and hope with all my might that Peyton can get back before it is all too late. But if we have a season where we only win a few games then we have been a lucky bunch for a long, long time. 2012 could be a great year too. It's been a long time since we have had a top 15 draft pick. Polian doesn't miss on those guys and we get players who are super stars in this league - Peyton, Edgerrin, and Freeney.

Well im guilty about boasting my colts love, i always tell my friends i was wrapped in a colts towel as a baby lol never gets old... As for the tough times i do see alot of ppl getting emotional over the losses heck i get uber emotional sometimes it just messes up the whole weekend even if the weekend was good just gotta look at the positive side like you said. I would love to see the colts actually get a really good player early in the draft, i just wish that could happen without them losing a single game lol

Blue Shoe... I have had season tix since 84 also.. Did you seriously think the good times would last forever?

And by the way, Manning not playing is NOT a DEATH sentence. Wayne, Clark, and the rest of this O WILL show folks why this is a playoff staple.

HAVE FAITH. The talent on this team dwarfs the teams of the 80's and 90's.

Out for the season? From what I've heard, Peyton will miss 3 games MAX. I have heard nothing about him missing the entire season. Currently, his status for Sunday is doubtful. That means he isn't likely to play, but there is a small chance he can. If he was going to miss the entire season, his status would probably be out rather than doubtful

Guest BlueShoe

Blue Shoe... I have had season tix since 84 also.. Did you seriously think the good times would last forever?

And by the way, Manning not playing is NOT a DEATH sentence. Wayne, Clark, and the rest of this O WILL show folks why this is a playoff staple.

HAVE FAITH. The talent on this team dwarfs the teams of the 80's and 90's.

Never thought our great times would last forever. In fact I have said several times that they wouldn't.

You can have all of the faith you want. I will root for us to win no matter what the scenario is, but I am also a person who has a great deal of emotion for this team so to be fair to myself I have to accept the likely possibility that we are in for a rough ride over the next few weeks, at the very least.

Some of those 80' and 90's teams had the talent to win. We just couldn't find the right quarterback. And the one quarterback that we had before Harbaugh who could win, well we traded him away (Chandler).

Had we not made the big trade for Jeff George and kept Chandler, I think we would have been a playoff team in 1990 and had a lot of talent to build on.

Look at the defensive talent we had in 1992: Emtman, Herrod, Coryatt, Bickett, Prior, Siragusa, Belser, Daniel, Banks, and Ambrose. We won 9 games that year and it was a very successful year for us at the time.

(We traded Chandler for the pick to draft Coryatt)

I am not sure if Peyton is going to play this season. This sure is not a good picture we are faced with right now. I just hope that if/when we start this losing streak that I see in front of us that other Colts fans have seriously prepared themselves for this possibility. It could be a major panic on this board soon.

I just want for Peyton to get well and hopefully he can get back sooner than later. But as a fan, I also don't want him to do anything that could jeopardize his future health. He just had twins and he has a whole life ahead of him after football.

i am prepared if what you say turns out to be right. i hired a shrink and bought 20 cases of beer

Guest BlueShoe

i am prepared if what you say turns out to be right. i hired a shrink and bought 20 cases of beer

Can I join you in sessions and share the beer? ;)

Out for the season? From what I've heard, Peyton will miss 3 games MAX. I have heard nothing about him missing the entire season. Currently, his status for Sunday is doubtful. That means he isn't likely to play, but there is a small chance he can. If he was going to miss the entire season, his status would probably be out rather than doubtful

Who was the source on your 3 game MAX prediction? Anyone credible?