Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

skins coach giving up?

coltsfanmilyman

whats up with shanny's comments on sunday after the game

"When you lose a game like that, now you're playing to see who obviously is going to be on your football team for years to come," Shanahan said in his postgame news conference Sunday. "Now, we have a chance to evaluate players and see where we're at. Obviously, we're not out of it statistically. Now we find out what kind of character we have and how guys keep on fighting throughout the rest of the season."

here is the link from espn. it also has his backpedaling from Monday also......

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8596167/mike-shanahan-washington-redskins-not-giving-2012

Shanahan and Norv Turner are two coaches who bug me. I just noticed after reading the article earlier that there are hardly any pictures of Mike Shanahan smiling. The man is perpetually grumpy... and that is no good.

Not too mention shanny looks like a rat. That man has done nothing without Elway.

Turner lucked into his position. I have never liked him and thought shottenheimer(sp) got the raw end of that deal.

But yes they are always with such a sour disposition

Shanahan can always thank Terrell Davis for those 2 Super Bowl rings. Same goes for Elway, he was just there for the ride in the end.

I knew this was going to happen, even before they gave up so much thinking Griffin was going to be the greatest thing ever. That team is riddled with problems and it starts up front; don't matter who the coach is, Dan Synder has proved over and over he's more worried about being an NFL owner and making money, than he is about winning. They had Marty Schottenheimer who had that team rolling, and it wasn't good enough for Synder, then I have to sadly admit, he's the only owner that fired Norv Turner at the wrong time.

Maybe it is time for Mike Shanahan to take his ball and go home? Maybe he has watched the game go flying by him? Retire Mike! Run away...... :burnout: :burnout:

One week your rookie Quarterback is the MVP of the league. The next week he is considered the "best player in the league" by some analysts. Same goes with our own Andrew Luck.

As fans, we laid back and slammed Cam Newton for his childish...."suggestion box" sweetheart comments after a loss. Mike Shanahan should get the same BOO HOO for being an immature old coach. If you want to quit....by all means QUIT! I am a Colt fan and would jump at the opportunity to coach that football team!!!!

I am sure you will come back today and say..."I WAS TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT." Own up to your immaturity and let someone else take over the Redskins. If you cannot win with RG3....look in the mirror......start questioning YOUR concepts.....your knowledge, and look at how the game has passed you by like RG3 does cornerbacks in the open field! Goodbye Mike Shanahan.....The Redskins need someone with fire...not a burnt out old smoke signal......who road the tails of Elway and Terrell Davis......(as mentioned above)

Maybe it is time for Mike Shanahan to take his ball and go home? Maybe he has watched the game go flying by him? Retire Mike! Run away...... :burnout: :burnout:

One week your rookie Quarterback is the MVP of the league. The next week he is considered the "best player in the league" by some analysts. Same goes with our own Andrew Luck.

As fans, we laid back and slammed Cam Newton for his childish...."suggestion box" sweetheart comments after a loss. Mike Shanahan should get the same BOO HOO for being an immature old coach. If you want to quit....by all means QUIT! I am a Colt fan and would jump at the opportunity to coach that football team!!!!

I am sure you will come back today and say..."I WAS TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT." Own up to your immaturity and let someone else take over the Redskins. If you cannot win with RG3....look in the mirror......start questioning YOUR concepts.....your knowledge, and look at how the game has passed you by like RG3 does cornerbacks in the open field! Goodbye Mike Shanahan.....The Redskins need someone with fire...not a burnt out old smoke signal......who road the tails of Elway and Terrell Davis......(as mentioned above)

Well said buddy!!! Having an RGIII on the roster is a once in a lifetime chance, and he seems to faforgacslap-csavar.jpgit.

Well said buddy!!! Having an RGIII on the roster is a once in a lifetime chance, and he seems to faforgacslap-csavar.jpgit.

Thank you HCF.....I felt the need to provide the same love to a broken down old coach as I did Cam Newton! Let me also say I am glad Cam came in and beat Shanahan. I hope Cam is back on track. Shanahan should be counting his blessings he has such a veteran core.....

Shanahan can always thank Terrell Davis for those 2 Super Bowl rings. Same goes for Elway, he was just there for the ride in the end.

I knew this was going to happen, even before they gave up so much thinking Griffin was going to be the greatest thing ever. That team is riddled with problems and it starts up front; don't matter who the coach is, Dan Synder has proved over and over he's more worried about being an NFL owner and making money, than he is about winning. They had Marty Schottenheimer who had that team rolling, and it wasn't good enough for Synder, then I have to sadly admit, he's the only owner that fired Norv Turner at the wrong time.

it wasn't terrell davis it was the offensive line. and elway was a huge part of those teams...he was mvp of a super bowl and soon as he retired the team went into the crapper.

Thank you HCF.....I felt the need to provide the same love to a broken down old coach as I did Cam Newton! Let me also say I am glad Cam came in and beat Shanahan. I hope Cam is back on track. Shanahan should be counting his blessings he has such a veteran core.....

Shanahan should pack his luggage...he will find himself out, latest at the end of the season, however with statement like this he speeds it up.

Been dealing with too much stupidity in my own fanbase lately to come ideologically duke it out elsewhere but I will comment. I don't think this is a big deal. I'm inclined to believe Shanahan in this situation given all that I know about him and he has taken the proper steps to get the rest of the team on the same page with him after that gaffe.

The media and fan reaction after this past loss is driving me up a * wall, though. Our offense has looked rather impressive in only 7 of our 9 games this season and suddenly our offensive-oriented head coach needs to be %canned? Holy crap, is that ridiculous... especially when you consider that our scheme has still been very effective at creating opportunities for our players. The players just haven't capitalized lately. No one could catch a ball against the Steelers and we had lapses from everyone against the Panthers that seemed uncharacteristic in contrast to what we looked like in every other game (Steelers game included).

Two games is no long-term trend.

it wasn't terrell davis it was the offensive line. and elway was a huge part of those teams...he was mvp of a super bowl and soon as he retired the team went into the crapper.

Shanahan had the Broncos back in the playoffs with an 11-5 record two seasons after Elways retired and in the AFC Championship game a few years after that. Let's also not forget that Elway has never won a playoff game where Shanahan was not on the Broncos staff as the QB coach, offensive coordinator, or head coach.

Elway was a great QB but no great QB succeeds without a great coach backing them.

Been dealing with too much stupidity in my own fanbase lately to come ideologically duke it out elsewhere but I will comment. I don't think this is a big deal. I'm inclined to believe Shanahan in this situation given all that I know about him and he has taken the proper steps to get the rest of the team on the same page with him after that gaffe.

The media and fan reaction after this past loss is driving me up a * wall, though. Our offense has looked rather impressive in only 7 of our 9 games this season and suddenly our offensive-oriented head coach needs to be %canned? Holy crap, is that ridiculous... especially when you consider that our scheme has still been very effective at creating opportunities for our players. The players just haven't capitalized lately. No one could catch a ball against the Steelers and we had lapses from everyone against the Panthers that seemed uncharacteristic in contrast to what we looked like in every other game (Steelers game included).

Two games is no long-term trend.

Shanahan had the Broncos back in the playoffs with an 11-5 record two seasons after Elways retired and in the AFC Championship game a few years after that. Let's also not forget that Elway has never won a playoff game where Shanahan was not on the Broncos staff as the QB coach, offensive coordinator, or head coach.

Elway was a great QB but no great QB succeeds without a great coach backing them.

meh, those broncos teams where decent but not really that good. the jets went to back to back afc championship games a couple years ago. but my point wasn't about shanahan, who has proven to be an excellent coach, it was about terrell davis.

The roster he assembled is poor. There is no depth. So many mistakes. SIgning Josh Morgan instead of Eric Winston? Why? Winston even has less of a cap hit...I know he's seen Tyler Polumbus pass block and it is horrible. The transition to the 3-4 has been disastrous. Shanahan the GM very well might be on par with Jerry Jones the GM...

It is also clear now, that Skins' were missing more than "just a good QB".

That was pretty much already known to those that have paid attention to them, though QB is a huge piece of the puzzle. Unfortunately there's 10 other guys on the field. His OL is sub-par, and has been for a while. The zone-read offense helps mask that, but you can't have that as your only offense. They can't even run a traditional offense hardly at all right now though either it seems between all the drops and poor run/pass blocking when not running the option or zone read. Griffin's sacks have come an average of 2.85 seconds after the snap - not much time, and also why they've had to protect him by throwing an abnormal amount of short passes.

Being the guy who makes personnel decisions, he has to shoulder some of the blame for the lack of depth across the board, though there's plenty of blame to go around, especially on defense. I think Shanny is safe though for now, but I expect to see some changes on defense. 3 years in and I think they still have more 4-3 personnel than 3-4, and a staff full of 4-3 coaches trying to run a 3-4. There was a lot of holes coming into this season, and there's still a lot - WR, RT, LG, DT, MLB, FS, SS, CB....just to name a few.

Coming into the season, I had them pegged around 6-10. I got fooled a little bit the first month and though maybe they might hit 8-8. I should have stuck with my initial guess :) Heh....they may not even make that if they don't start coming together.