Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Profile of Teddy Williams/Practice Squad

krunk

Just thought I'd post this because I thought it was a little interesting.

This kid has never played college football. He was a 100 meter sprinter for the University of Texas/San Antonio. He is one of few sprinters who actually ran a sub 10 second 100 meter dash, posting a time of 9.90 seconds. This kid can fly it seems! Previously he was with the Dallas Cowboys.

This report which was done in 2010 says he runs a 4.31

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5420574

While speaking with reporters here he lets them know he has run as fast as 4.26

He's got very good size at 6' 3" and 200lbs

Not sure if we'll ever make use of him, but I thought it was worth talking about I suppose.

He might have what it takes physically, but Mentally hes probably not picking up the scheme or makes a lot of little mistakes

He's probably just raw considering he never played college football, and he was a WR coming out of high school. It also doesn't help when you're previous teams has the likes of Brandon Carr, Morris Claiborne, Mike Jenkins, Orlando Scandrick and others. They had more than enough depth.

Interesting. They have him listed at 6' 1". I wonder if he can return kicks? He must not have good hands if they're trying him at CB. That position requires so much more than raw speed.

Can't hurt to look at him on the PS. Another interesting move by Grigs.

Interesting. They have him listed at 6' 1". I wonder if he can return kicks? He must not have good hands if they're trying him at CB. That position requires so much more than raw speed.

Grigson definately knows what hes doing. You dont become the director of college scouting so fast by luck. Irsay picked a good mind to turn us around

This article has him listed at 6'3" http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5420574

It's an interesting pick up, but more for discussion. The way Grigson moves these practice squad guys in and out of here he probably won't be around too long I assume.

He'd have to pick up coverage schemes. If we were a heavy man defense it would be a little easier and just tell him to stay in the WR's hip-pocket alll the way, but since we seem to be playing quite a bit of zone coverage, especially when Vontae isn't playing, he'd need to know where his spots on the field are. I've got no problems with keeping him at the price of PS money and trying to develop him but its on him if he actually wants to play DB. Low risk/high reward potential, however its up to the Colts in how much time and energy do they want to invest in him.

Although it's somewhat hard to keep up with all the roster changes, it does make for a refreshing change to see we're not afraid to make moves albeit small ones. No harm in evaluating players like this, if they turn out to be good enough to make the active squad, even as backup you've done very well.

Plus I love the idea of previously unknown players making it big, rather than the hyped through college/draft route to stardom if you get me. Not that there's anything wrong with prodigious talent of course...... ;)