Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Michael Roos recovering from appendectomy

1959Colts

I had one of those about 2 years ago now. I had surgery at around 11 PM, walked out of the hospital at noon the next day. I was able to walk a mile 36 hours after the operation. This guy has 6 days. You pop a few ibuprofens, and you forget anything happened. However, your are not supposed to have any sort of physical activity. So it depends on if this guy actually follows suggestions, like most people don't. Needed a check up about week after, but I was playing basketball in PE 3 days after the operation. For his own safety he shouldn't, but that doesn't seem to stop these guys.

Depends on how quick they caught it. I had mine taken out about 15 years ago, but I let it go a little longer than most because I had no idea what was going on. I ended up staying in the hospital for two days. However, I have seen, like I was told by doctors, that when taken care of right away that recovery time is at most a week, but if not you get stuck in the situation like me where you're down for 6 weeks.

Even if he doesn't play, Freeney would be going up against David Stewart, the stud right tackle, not the backup left tackle.

Jerry Hughes would be going up against the backup left tackle.

i thought mathis was suppose to be back this week?

who do we get back this week? i expect reitz to play. not sure about redding, mathis, or chapman. and mckinney

Reitz was ready to go last week.

McKinney is on the IR, so don't expect him to come back this year.

Mathis has a slim chance of returning. Chapman is out for this week, questionable for next week. Redding is doubtful for this week.

He will most likely be back next week. There is a 25% (IMO) chance he's back this week.

They said 2-3 weeks and it's only been 11 days.

He was doing light practice last week and it wasn't till late in the week last week that they ruled him out. There is a pretty good chance Mathis COULD be ready this week.

Reitz was ready to go last week.

McKinney is on the IR, so don't expect him to come back this year.

Mathis has a slim chance of returning. Chapman is out for this week, questionable for next week. Redding is doubtful for this week.

Clearly Reitz was not ready to go last week or he would have gone. From what Arians said about him on the coaches show Monday night they said he had an issue with swelling which is why he didn't go. They don't think that will be an issue this week and they expect him back next week.

I am not sure where you got the info on Mathis and Redding but it would be helpful if you provided a link to back it up because I could have very well missed something but I haven't seen the Colts coaches say anything about either one of them being ready to go this week or not.