Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie a true Colt

superrep1967

I think Reggie early on in his career was misunderstood as person and I was one of them. But now I've slowly became a Reggie fan. He turned down much more money to play somewhere else. But he wanted to be a Colt and that's very rare in the NFL. I totally understand when a player goes after the money if I was in that position I'd go after the money to.. Because most of these organizations including ours don't care about human side of the of these players it's all about business. I'm not saying that's wrong it's all about winning and with the salary cap it just happens. But Reggie wanted to play here and that tells a lot about his character. He came out today and played unbelievable and should be the offensive player of the week. I truly believe he played his heart out for his coach. I for one am now a huge Reggie fan. He is rare talent and rare person in the NFL.

With his ridiculously awesome performance, I see him as the #3 WR in this league. He doesn't have the physicality of an Andre Johnson or the sheer wingspan or presence as Calvin Johnson, but he has what matters most -- great hands, route running, field awareness, vision, and is humble, experienced, and competitive.

With his ridiculously awesome performance, I see him as the #3 WR in this league. He doesn't have the physicality of an Andre Johnson or the sheer wingspan or presence as Calvin Johnson, but he has what matters most -- great hands, route running, field awareness, vision, and is humble, experienced, and competitive.

Right now? This year? He's the best.

Aside from his obviously fantastic game, I also noticed that he was one of the few, if not the only player, wearing orange as well as pink...orange being the color to support Leukemia. He had an orange mouthpiece and orange gloves. I was kind of surprised there wasn't more orange mixed into the gear of other Colts' players. Maybe they were told they weren't "supposed to" but Reggie said, "yeah well try to stop me". :)

You could certainly make the argument that Wayne is the most skilled WR in the NFL, though not the most talented or most physically gifted. He can make just about any kind of catch, anywhere on the field, running any kind of route, against any kind of coverage.

Reggie is ridiculous this year. He is 3rd in the league in receiving yards, with 506. Behind only Brian Hartline (514) and Demaryius Thomas (513) neither of which have had a bye week yet... Reggie leads the league with 126.5 yards per game. The 2nd closest is Hakeem Nicks with 118.5, and then Calvin Johnson with 105.8. He is also tied for 4th with 8 receptions over 20 yards with only Demaryius Thomas, Calvin Johnson, and Malcom Floyd ahead of him.

It's just ridiculous...

Aside from his obviously fantastic game, I also noticed that he was one of the few, if not the only player, wearing orange as well as pink...orange being the color to support Leukemia. He had an orange mouthpiece and orange gloves. I was kind of surprised there wasn't more orange mixed into the gear of other Colts' players. Maybe they were told they weren't "supposed to" but Reggie said, "yeah well try to stop me". :)

He'll be fined for that but Reggie said he don't care if they do

I am soooo glad he decided to stick around. When all of the off-season shuffling started happening and we were losing veterans and coaches left and right, I wasn't all that concerned about any of them leaving.

Except for Reggie. I could spin anyone else leaving into a net positive for the team, but if Reggie left, man there was no way to make that into a good thing. He is proving to be even more valuable than I realized.

His performance this season will put him in the elite class as an All Pro and All-Time Colt.

His petty attention seeking a few seasons ago (hard hat truck stunt and mini hold out) stinted my respect for him for a while, but he has blown me away since then, and I feel foolish for dissing him. Legend. Many on here said it was Peyton who made our receivers so good. I think this season buried that myth completely. Like Marvin, I love his demeanour on the field. No over dramatic celebrations or jawing. Classy guy and classy player....If I have time, I'm going to try and get a Wayne jersey for the Wembley game in three weeks...

His petty attention seeking a few seasons ago (hard hat truck stunt and mini hold out) stinted my respect for him for a while, but he has blown me away since then, and I feel foolish for dissing him. Legend. Many on here said it was Peyton who made our receivers so good. I think this season buried that myth completely. Like Marvin, I love his demeanour on the field. No over dramatic celebrations or jawing. Classy guy and classy player....If I have time, I'm going to try and get a Wayne jersey for the Wembley game in three weeks...

The myth may be buried in regards to Wayne, though I can't recall anyone making that claim about Wayne. manning has made many other receivers look better than they really are though. ;)