Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans or Jets Tonight?

Smonroe

WHELP. There was our wake up call game. Atlanta had it against Carolina. SF gets beat by Minnesota. NE against the Cardinals. Every team has them. But the good teams...usually find a way to win.

5-0 man!!! Texans Falcons Super Bowl!!!! Hahaha I'm just too excited man.

The Falcons barely beat the terrible Panthers by abusing one absurdly inept player on multiple occasions (including the bomb to White) and then followed it up with a pedestrian offensive showing against a terrible Skins D, only managing to secure the win in the 4th quarter against a backup rookie QB. They're a good team and they're going to win a lot of games this year because of White, Gonzalez, and Jones (in that order) but I think they'll disappoint in the playoffs.

It's the 9ers you gotta look out for in the NFC. When they play a bad team they destroy that team instead of playing down to their level and they haven't really been fazed by high-powered offenses, either. They're really the only team that comes close to being as good top-to-bottom as the Texans are right now.

The Falcons barely beat the terrible Panthers by abusing one absurdly inept player on multiple occasions (including the bomb to White) and then followed it up with a pedestrian offensive showing against a terrible Skins D, only managing to secure the win in the 4th quarter against a backup rookie QB. They're a good team and they're going to win a lot of games this year because of White, Gonzalez, and Jones (in that order) but I think they'll disappoint in the playoffs.

It's the 9ers you gotta look out for in the NFC. When they play a bad team they destroy that team instead of playing down to their level and they haven't really been fazed by high-powered offenses, either. They're really the only team that comes close to being as good top-to-bottom as the Texans are right now.

Yeah, Matt Ryan does seem to have the playoff monkey still on his back. I have my own doubts about what he and the Falcons could possibly do in the postseason, but I think they can overcome the hump this year and win at least one. The 49ers, surprisingly, lost to the Vikings, but then again that could have just been a trap game. I agree in that they are very good top to bottom...they will go deep, if not all the way, this year. We won't be seeing the usuals this year, that's for sure.

I have my own doubts about what he and the Falcons could possibly do in the postseason, but I think they can overcome the hump this year and win at least one.

Whether or not they win a game will depend on seeding, basically. Can't emphasize enough how underwhelmed I was watching them live yesterday, though. Their passing game is solid and they are dangerous in that area but nothing in particular jumps out about 'em as a team, unless you want to count Tony Gonzalez playing out of his mind at the age of 36. Their defense was a bit overrated after the first few weeks and Turner isn't a threat unless you play completely undisciplined D.

49ers/Texans would be pretty fun to watch IMO.

I think the Falcons will win a ton of games and maybe MVP for Ryan, but I am not sure they will get by 49ers/Giants type of teams who have the ability to smother Matty Ice.

Oh and yeah I HOPE the Jets put a lot into tonight and are now deflated after this loss and a desperate Sanchez throws a lot of picks to the Colts......

And without Revis that means Wayne can breathe.

And I hope Jets fans act like the Colts will be an easy win and say we are junk in every thread too.

Sanchez vs. Tebow. Let the QB controversy begin. :applause:

Texans/Packers should be good. Pack are desperate but if they cannot protect Rodgers then I dunno......

WHELP. There was our wake up call game. Atlanta had it against Carolina. SF gets beat by Minnesota. NE against the Cardinals. Baltimore against KC. Every team has them. But the good teams...usually find a way to win.

I would like to thank your Defense for helping me realize just how Desperate the Jets will be. (Placing a CB at WR)

PS: Could you 2 possibly send Arian Foster a Letter telling him to stop toying with Defenders & run full speed. It may just be me, but when he Runs it looks like he's doing a Light Jog instead of Sprinting

I would like to thank your Defense for helping me realize just how Desperate the Jets will be. (Placing a CB at WR)

PS: Could you 2 possibly send Arian Foster a Letter telling him to stop toying with Defenders & run full speed. It may just be me, but when he Runs it looks like he's doing a Light Jog instead of Sprinting

The Jets are very desperate indeed, but Cromartie looks to be a deep threat and their best offensive weapon, ironically enough. And I know what you mean with Foster...he has deceptive speed, he knows when to turn on the engines and when to glide hahahaha. It may come off as lazy or too slow to some but he knows exactly what he is doing which very well may be, like you said, toying with the defenders lol.

The Jets are very desperate indeed, but Cromartie looks to be a deep threat and their best offensive weapon, ironically enough. And I know what you mean with Foster...he has deceptive speed, he knows when to turn on the engines and when to glide hahahaha. It may come off as lazy or too slow to some but he knows exactly what he is doing which very well may be, like you said, toying with the defenders lol.

Idk, on the Big Run in the 2nd I think when you guys started within the 5 yard line & he broke off the big run. After he made Landry turn, if he would've turned on the jets he would've scored. But instead he just hits the Jog & makes everyone look dumb. Smh, Foster needs to be checked out. He might be sick in the head :lol:

Idk, on the Big Run in the 2nd I think when you guys started within the 5 yard line & he broke off the big run. After he made Landry turn, if he would've turned on the jets he would've scored. But instead he just hits the Jog & makes everyone look dumb. Smh, Foster needs to be checked out. He might be sick in the head :lol:

I started having my own suspicions when he became a vegan and started dressing like a fashion model... :facepalm:haha

I remember they used to say this about Eric Dickerson. His coaches were on him about not going full out until they realized he was freakin' flyin'! Saw it on a program or something. I can't remember. I think Gale Sayers ran that way too. Very smooth and effortless.

I remember they used to say this about Eric Dickerson. His coaches were on him about not going full out until they realized he was freakin' flyin'! Saw it on a program or something. I can't remember. I think Gale Sayers ran that way too. Very smooth and effortless.

Dickerson was something else speed-wise. You didn't track that man down from behind unless you had world class, Carl Lewis type speed (basically just Darrell Green). Tall guys in general don't look as fast as shorter guys because they have a longer stride and take less steps to cover the same distance at full stride. Dickerson, Foster, and Larry Johnson are all guys who looked slower than they were and all were 6'1"+.

Granted, Foster doesn't have the best top speed but he is still faster than he looks. You see a lot of that out of good one-cut runners, they don't usually fly out in the open but they are quick in the short area, they are fluid, and they have great vision. Foster had easily been my favorite back to watch from the time he hit the scene up until Alfred Morris showed up at Redskins Park.