Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kerry Collins Signed

BlueRedZone

This move concerns and confuses me. The guy was retired and he is a 1yr backup at most. Why do you sign a 1 year backup QB? The colts need a backup QB they can groom to take over for manning, This singing of 17 year veteran Kerry Collins only spells trouble for me. We had no legitimate backup last year either and the front office didn't run out and sign anyone. That alone spells out that they are very worried about Manning. I hope Collins is getting in his snaps because he's going to need them, and if were going to beat Houston he needs to be reading the playbook and memorizing it as we speak.

Collins was signed to a 2 year deal. Getting a young heir apparent makes zero sense when the kid would be a free-agent before he ever gets a snap. Go with Collins for two years and then look for a young guy.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Collins was signed to a 2 year deal. Getting a young heir apparent makes zero sense when the kid would be a free-agent before he ever gets a snap. Go with Collins for two years and then look for a young guy.

Collins was signed for a 1yr deal.....

This just backs up my statments in earlier blogs, the biggest losers in this lock out with the Colts. Not being able to get Peyton into the team doctors and rehabbing with the team might end up costing us a superbowl this year.

And the curse of the home superbowl begins. Better luck next year Colts :(

And the curse of the home superbowl begins. Better luck next year Colts :(

Can we wait for Manning to be declared out for the first game or better yet at least lose to the Texans before we declare the season over? Heck Manning could come back in week two or three after the Texans game and we could jump right back into our winning ways and who knows maybe even end the year at something like 12-4 or 11-5 and still make a run to the playoffs. As long as we get to the playoffs and Manning is healthy then we are going to have a chance. Don't give up yet.

Can we wait for Manning to be declared out for the first game or better yet at least lose to the Texans before we declare the season over? Heck Manning could come back in week two or three after the Texans game and we could jump right back into our winning ways and who knows maybe even end the year at something like 12-4 or 11-5 and still make a run to the playoffs. As long as we get to the playoffs and Manning is healthy then we are going to have a chance. Don't give up yet.

It has nothing to do with Manning or anything else, History shows what happens when teams haver the SB @ home.

Sounds conflicting, national media is reporting two years, local media is reporting one. Bob Lamey did his mid-day update on 1070 and said it was a two year deal. So take that for what it's worth.

Well the details of his contract may not be known, BUT i do recall collins saying he wouldnt mind if the colts bring him back next season which leaves me to believe its a 1yr contract.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. If you haven't thats your issue. It is plain and simple.

It's not my issue that you don't understand that he did not have a setback. He just isn't recovering as quickly as expected. That happens and should be planned for just in case. It does not mean that he had a setback however.

Well the details of his contract may not be known, BUT i do recall collins saying he wouldnt mind if the colts bring him back next season which leaves me to believe its a 1yr contract.

Well Lamey works for the Colts so I am going to take his word over yours no offense. With that said the report on the second year of the deal is that it's very cheap and loaded up with incentives which means if the Colts wanted to dump Collins afer this yearthey could with ease wich is probably what Collins was gettng at when he said he wouldn't mind if the Colts bring him back next year. This is Collins sixith team in his career he has learned to never take your spot on a NFL roster for granted.

Well Lamey works for the Colts so I am going to take his word over yours no offense. With that said the report on the second year of the deal is that it's very cheap and loaded up with incentives which means if the Colts wanted to dump Collins afer this yearthey could with ease wich is probably what Collins was gettng at when he said he wouldn't mind if the Colts bring him back next year. This is Collins sixith team in his career he has learned to never take your spot on a NFL roster for granted.

Its kinda weird that lamey would get different info compared to indy star and other analysts. Either way it doesnt matter i dont see him staying longer than a year.