Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos lose starting DT Ty Warren again, re tears his triceps

bayone

Ty Warren has torn triceps again

Associated Press Updated: September 10, 2012, 5:20 PM ET

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Ty Warren's football future is in doubt after he tore his right triceps in his first game since 2009. It's the same injury that sidelined him all of last season.

"I haven't even talked to Ty yet, I'm sure he's disappointed," Denver coach John Fox said Monday.

The 31-year-old defensive tackle re-injured himself early in the Broncos' 31-19 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers.

He missed all last season after tearing the same muscle during training camp, and he missed the 2010 season, his last in New England, with a hip injury.

If he's placed on season-ending injured reserve for the third straight year, it could spell the end of Warren's career

( no wonder backups were in, wait till Broncos face a team with their staring RB to know whats what & man are broncos thin on DL that makes starting DE ((( Hunter in preseason )) & DT both out with torn triceps ).

http://espn.go.com/n...yESPNToday_Team

Aww man that really stinks. Wishing a fast recovery and hoping he comes back on the field healthy next season.

Edited Title its triceps and he missed all last season when tore it in preseason & had surgery as did starter DE Hunter this year

Warren hasn't played now in 3 years, doubt he will be back but u never know

Ty Warren has torn triceps again

Associated Press Updated: September 10, 2012, 5:20 PM ET

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Ty Warren's football future is in doubt after he tore his right triceps in his first game since 2009. It's the same injury that sidelined him all of last season.

"I haven't even talked to Ty yet, I'm sure he's disappointed," Denver coach John Fox said Monday.

The 31-year-old defensive tackle re-injured himself early in the Broncos' 31-19 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers.

He missed all last season after tearing the same muscle during training camp, and he missed the 2010 season, his last in New England, with a hip injury.

If he's placed on season-ending injured reserve for the third straight year, it could spell the end of Warren's career

( no wonder backups were in, wait till Broncos face a team with their staring RB to know whats what & man are broncos thin on DL that makes starting DE ((( Hunter in preseason )) & DT both out with torn triceps ).

http://espn.go.com/n...yESPNToday_Team

Oh great. That's real bad news for us. Poor guy.

Add Derek Wolfe to that and you've got a nice group of extremely underrated, interior linemen.

IIRC, Wolfe was viewed as one of the biggest reaches in the draft. I know more than a just few people who should feel relieved that he performed as well as he did last night.

IIRC, Wolfe was viewed as one of the biggest reaches in the draft. I know more than a just few people who should feel relieved that he performed as well as he did last night.

He was a reach considering where he was projected to go, but I doubt projections mean much of anything to GMs/scouts. I will say, I really wanted him as a mid-round pick, so I was surprised he went that high.

I thought Matt Unrein, Kevin Vickerson and Justin Bannan did well, it was the outside containment by the safeties and LBs that failed more often, IMO.

Broncos will be fine if they dont suffer more season ending injuries.

They did in that game, closed inside, couldn't do as well with stretch runs but RB's were the backups too , still once Charles, McFadden etc , Turner next week come in then we shall see

Add Derek Wolfe to that and you've got a nice group of extremely underrated, interior linemen.

Wolfe was to be the De/ Dt rotator with warren and Banaon starting, pending where they wanted Wolfes extra push I believe but with starting DE Jason Hunter tearing his triceps in preseason & on IR DE became his starting spot

Those that saw him in preason knew hed be fine , just like Kerrigan picked after him or Pats Chandler Jones & Ingram , , many a good rookie in last draft class, I was hoping Denver with way they were trading pickss would take kerrigan next but then they traded away the extra pick

Those that saw him in preason knew hed be fine , just like Kerrigan picked after him or Pats Chandler Jones & Ingram , , many a good rookie in last draft class, I was hoping Denver with way they were trading pickss would take kerrigan next but then they traded away the extra pick

Kerrigan was a 2011 pick and was less a reach at 16 than he was a questionable scheme fit (supposedly several 3-4 teams thought very highly of him but didn't bother to tell the pundits). Not sure who else you could be talking about.

Kerrigan was a 2011 pick and was less a reach at 16 than he was a questionable scheme fit (supposedly several 3-4 teams thought very highly of him but didn't bother to tell the pundits). Not sure who else you could be talking about.

ui r write & hes a LB, know I thought was someone with a k at DT but could be wrong, know someone rated higher than wolf at DT and not the Mich State guy but just cant remember, well I tried