Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone See Merrill Hoge on ESPN?

The Peytonator

You shouldn't be so pessimistic about your own team. Pretty much every year a team goes from worst in its division to first. I do think Houston takes the South pretty easily, but I think we're good enough to at least compete against any team, and when you can compete, it's 'Any Given Sunday'. 9-7 is not out of the realm of possibility.

I love the Colts but it ain't happening guy. Our Ol is bad, we can't stop the run on defense, we are no where near Houston, or Tenn IMO only thing there is if Locker falls on his face, & Jacksonvilles Defense is light years ahead of us. 9-7 is a pipe dream. I say 5-11 is being realistic, & its improvement over last year! we are lucky to win 2 divsion games!

It's debateable, but as long as Linkenbach isn't starting, we're already better.

Castonzo '12 > Castonzo '11

Reitz '12 > Reitz '11

Satele V Saturday.....wash for now, Saturday has regressed in his age, Satele looks like a keeper

McGlynn V Diem.......both suck, not sure who would be the lesser of two evils

Justice > Link

Not better 1 Link plays tackle fine. 2 Diem is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than McGlynn its funny, Saturday is better than Satele, just ask the Packers, Hopefully Castonzo & Reitz have improved from what I have seen in pre season the have. Justice to me juries still out. One game he looked good, other game not so good.

honestly i would rather our team be low key, so we can surprise people..

We are lol. Look at the clean sweep for Houston winning the AFC South. But, plenty of love for Luck to get ROY. Which is understandable. I fully believe while many are hyping up this team it is more for the potential and early excitement and future of Luck then truly thinking this team has a shot right now.

http://espn.go.com/n...redictions-2012

BTW, look at how good they all were in 2009 lol.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4424374

Elway actually started the first several games for Denver as a rookie - Deberg came in relief because Elway got knocked around. Elway was benched during the middle of the season before coming back to start the last several games.

Elway was 4-6 on the season. DeBerg was 4-1. Closest any rookie #1 or #2 pick has come to finishing .500 was George Shaw in 1955 (5-6-1 for the Baltimore Colts).

Actually, Denver went 9-7 in Elway's 1st year and made the playoffs as a WC. As far as I know, he's the only QB drafted #1 who went to the playoffs his rookie year. I will say this - had Luck been on our roster last year, we could've gone 8-8. We were competitive in a number of games where solid QB play would've made the difference in getting the W. Looking at our schedule, I can see us winning 6 maybe even 7 games at home. I'm predicting 9-7 for 2012 as well and consider that our crappy 2011 team still managed to win 2 divisional games. I'm thinking 4-2 within the division this year, sweeping the Jags.

If we can somehow pull it out in Chicago, we have an good chance of starting 3-0 going into the GB game.

Actually Flacco and Sanchez both went their rookie years and if I'm not mistaken they both took their teams to the AFC Championship game.