Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Colts mock using draftwired

Colts Draft Simulation  (Big Board: Draftwired Composite 3/18/18)

www.draftwired.com:8888/apps/dw

Trades:
(15, 47, 97) from ARI for (6)    - Cards move up for QB
(52) from BAL for (67, 97, 178)
Picks:
Rd 1   Pk  15 - Leighton Vander-Esch (ILB) Boise State
Rd 2   Pk  36 - D.J. Moore (WR) Maryland
Rd 2   Pk  37 - Isaiah Oliver (CB) Colorado
Rd 2   Pk  47 - Sony Michel (RB) Georgia
Rd 2   Pk  49 - Dallas Goedert (TE) S Dakota St
Rd 2   Pk  52 - Sam Hubbard (DE) Ohio State
Rd 4   Pk 104 - B.J. Hill (DT) NC State
Rd 5   Pk 140 - Brandon Parker (OT) NC A&T
Rd 7   Pk 221 - Greg Stroman (CB) Va. Tech

By the end of the year (7) probable new starters.  4 impact players (LVE, Moore, Oliver and Michel)

• Like 1

The Colts gained a sizeable premium moving down from 3 to 6, however this trade is almost equal value as the 6th is worth 1600 compared to 1592 for the Cards' picks.  Considering there are seven so-called franchise talents in this draft (4qbs & Chubb/ Barkley/ Nelson) then there needs to be a premium attached to #6.  I'd require Arizona's 2019 1st in addition to 15, 47 & 97.  

Regardless, I like your picks minus Goedert in the 2nd.  

• Like 1

I think Ballard is going to have to get over value in order to be moved away from #6, especially if Chubb is still there.  So take whatever the comparable value is and add to that because I believe he said someone would have to make it hard to pass up in order to trade back again.

2 hours ago, BigHen said:

good point on the point value.  what dont you like about Godert?  i'd like to see more 12 personnel with Doyle and Goedert.  Not a fan of the Ebron pick up at all.

With Doyle and Ebron in the fold, and Swoope waiting in the wings, we can afford to wait another season or two before giving such a valuable asset for a 3rd-string TE. 

29 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

BigHen clearly wants Luck killed by not addressing the line

No not at all.  Isn't Mewhort coming back?  I think a healthy Mewhort, Castznzo, Kelly is a good nucleus.  Haeg seems to have decent potential also.  Having playmakers like Michel, Moore and Goedert added will also help keep the Luck upright.  At least I hope

14 hours ago, BigHen said:

No not at all.  Isn't Mewhort coming back?  I think a healthy Mewhort, Castznzo, Kelly is a good nucleus.  Haeg seems to have decent potential also.  Having playmakers like Michel, Moore and Goedert added will also help keep the Luck upright.  At least I hope

Hate to break it to you but our Line is our biggest weakness outside of our LBs. Our line was ranked dead last the last 3 years in sacks.  If Luck gets hurt again, which is likely in your mock, then we would have wasted all those picks in the 2nd round. Those “playmakers” will be useless without Luck. Castanzo is good, Kelly played terrible last year but was injured. Everyone else is not starting material. 

14 hours ago, BigHen said:

on paper it looks like we could be ok

the issue is that mewhort, kelly and slauson are all coming off of injuries, some of them may not come back 100%.  if two of the three miss significant time, we may have one of the worst lines in the league again 

haeg had a good first season, but was bad last year

I've always liked the Colts since Luck was drafted.  I no longer follow the game as I once did, so forgive my talent assessment of the team.  I only watched them a couple of times last year. In retrospect, I agree at least 2 picks of their top 6 should be Offensive lineman.  Goedert will become an All-Pro for someone else imo, but Luck is the franchise and he must be kept upright.  Maybe I'll post and updated mock with this in mind.  Or some of you should try draftwired and post your 'draftwired' sim in this thread with an emphasis on protecting Luck

Yahweh Bless