Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mcdaniel's agent drops him (merge)

Mel Kiper's Hair

I have attempted to walk away from the forum several times today, haha yet here I am.  I guess there is some comfort reading posts from others who feel the same.

I am glad his agent dropped him, and I wonder who wants to stoop to his level and represent him now?  That will be quite telling too.  

:nutz:    And to think less than 24 hours ago I was thrilled that McDevil was coming here.

2 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I don't blame him.  He may be able to collect a paycheck from him, but forget about having any cred repping a guy like McD.  Guy is toast outside of NE - which is the only place that will ever hire him again.

It'd be funny if the Patriots somehow found a way to back out on their head coaching gig with McDaniels. Right now, apparently, Belichick isn't retiring, so McDaniels is rejoining based on a promise to be their next coach... kinda like how we had a promise with McDaniels for him to be our head coach. You could cut the irony with a knife if McDaniels is rejected by the Patriots.

43 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

It'd be funny if the Patriots somehow found a way to back out on their head coaching gig with McDaniels. Right now, apparently, Belichick isn't retiring, so McDaniels is rejoining based on a promise to be their next coach... kinda like how we had a promise with McDaniels for him to be our head coach. You could cut the irony with a knife if McDaniels is rejected by the Patriots.

I would probably hurt myself by laughing too hard if that happened.

Well, both Patriots fans and McDaniels have several narratives to play damage control. 

Well, he did it for his kids. Well, he did it because he wanted to stick it to us for Deflategate. Well, he did it because he did not want to work with Irsay. Well, he did because he was afraid Luck may not be back. I am sure there is more reasons for that weasel/coward to find excuses to explain his actions.

Ultimately, any of these reasons could have been chosen well ahead of time but he sat on it. Bottom line, he did not have the sack to get out of his comfort zone, even if it meant going back on his word and hurting several people that counted on him in the process. If he had been honest with himself, he would have been honest with the others too but he couldn't be honest with himself and that is something he will have to live with for the rest of his life.

Baltimore fans haven't forgotten the Irsay family, I doubt the Colts fans would ever forget this. Very much like Elway demanding a trade from the Colts. However, we have to find a way to focus on things less negative because it will drain unnecessary energy we could have channeled elsewhere. Go Colts!!!