Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Division Opponents

bap1331

Texans definitely look like they are bouncing back to a better form. But regardless, I'm just excited for the possibility to come out of tonight with the division still all tied up. Do what we can to give Luck the best shot to make something of this season. Very tough game tonight, but I gotta be optimistic!

Watsons on fire, if he continues his play, I think the Texans will win the division.  He's done it against two sub par defenses though.  Still very impressive.  We'll see how he does against the Chiefs.  Also, keep an eye on Mariotas hamstring?  He said it popped and he's having an MRI today.  If he misses sometime, I am not sure they'll be able to win while he's out.  The Jags are confusing lol.  Whoop Houston and Baltimore and lose to the Jets and get killed by the Titans at home lol.  The Colts are just trying to weather the storm with Captain Luck out.  Hopefully they can be 2-3 3-3 3-4 something along them lines when Luck comes back and they'll have a shot.  I think the division winner gets 9-10 wins and its open.  Even though the Colts got blown out last night, there only 1 game out of first.  They have to beat the 49ers this weekend though, which isn't going to be easy. 

6 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Watsons on fire, if he continues his play, I think the Texans will win the division.  He's done it against two sub par defenses though.  Still very impressive.  We'll see how he does against the Chiefs.  Also, keep an eye on Mariotas hamstring?  He said it popped and he's having an MRI today.  If he misses sometime, I am not sure they'll be able to win while he's out.  The Jags are confusing lol.  Whoop Houston and Baltimore and lose to the Jets and get killed by the Titans at home lol.  The Colts are just trying to weather the storm with Captain Luck out.  Hopefully they can be 2-3 3-3 3-4 something along them lines when Luck comes back and they'll have a shot.  I think the division winner gets 9-10 wins and its open.  Even though the Colts got blown out last night, there only 1 game out of first.  They have to beat the 49ers this weekend though, which isn't going to be easy. 

Watson did win against two sub-par defenses, but he still put up 57 points Vs the Titans, which is almost impossible to do. Also, what people are overlooking, is he came within an eyelash of beating the Pats. Even Luck hasn't done what Watson did in that game Vs them, and it was the defense that cost Watson the win, not Watson himself. The Texans may be 2-2 right now, but they have their QB, and that's going to be scary for us, even when Luck returns, because they have the defense to back Watson up. The division is going to be tougher than ever, and we have to follow suit.

The Texans will have some ups and downs that come from a rookie qb. That said they have a good enough defense that should keep them in most games. It's pretty clear they are the front runners. Tennessee, Jacksonville, and Colts are so unpredictable. I'd like to think that with Luck and Kelly back that offense starts to click and takes some pressure off the defense and we could be a wild card team...but if you get to far behind it just leaves no margin for error.

44 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Watson did win against two sub-par defenses, but he still put up 57 points Vs the Titans, which is almost impossible to do. Also, what people are overlooking, is he came within an eyelash of beating the Pats. Even Luck hasn't done what Watson did in that game Vs them, and it was the defense that cost Watson the win, not Watson himself. The Texans may be 2-2 right now, but they have their QB, and that's going to be scary for us, even when Luck returns, because they have the defense to back Watson up. The division is going to be tougher than ever, and we have to follow suit.

I don't disagree.  I think Houstons defense helped the offense out though.  4 INT's and fumble recovery.  So the Houston defense created 5 turnovers.  Still impressive what he did though.  57 points is a lot of points lol.  We'll see how he fares this week vs the Chiefs then 2 weeks after vs the Seahawks, two much better defenses. 

9 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I don't disagree.  I think Houstons defense helped the offense out though.  4 INT's and fumble recovery.  So the Houston defense created 5 turnovers.  Still impressive what he did though.  57 points is a lot of points lol.  We'll see how he fares this week vs the Chiefs then 2 weeks after vs the Seahawks, two much better defenses. 

Absolutely. If he beats the Chiefs, then he can be considered legit. That will be an interesting game.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Absolutely. If he beats the Chiefs, then he can be considered legit. That will be an interesting game.

I think he's legit(I have since he came out).  I was shocked O'Brien rolled with Savage in game 1 even though it was only 1 half. I am not sure what the point of that was.  They do call him the non quarterback whisperer though lol.  The Texans already have a scary defense, now with him running the offense, they are even scarier.  The Chiefs and Seahawks will be good tests though.