26. Seahawks- 

27. Chiefs- 

28. Cowboys- 

29. Packers- 

30. Steelers- 

31. Falcons- 

32. Saints- 

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

The majority got this draft wrong last year. I expected a lot more from the reporters that are more connected to these teams than anybody.

Depends on how you look at it.  The top guys got 9-10 picks exactly right.  One guy got 12.  

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016/5/7/11606510/grading-kiper-mcshay-co-2016-mock-draft-judgment-day

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

The majority got this draft wrong last year. I expected a lot more from the reporters that are more connected to these teams than anybody.

I know. It is still fun to see mock drafts. They are my favorite thing besides the actual draft. It's almost like making a March Madness bracket, guessing who is going to do what, except the Draft is 10x more unpredictable with trades and each teams individual draft boards. 

26 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Depends on how you look at it.  The top guys got 9-10 picks exactly right.  One guy got 12.  

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016/5/7/11606510/grading-kiper-mcshay-co-2016-mock-draft-judgment-day

I was talking about the head reporters of teams, not the draft experts. I mean half this forum picked Ryan Kelly to be our pick in the 1st and Mike Wells couldn't even get that right last year.

I have been liking the predictions of Harris to the Colts, but I'm changing my mind after listening to Polian talk about his 40 time benchmarks. 

Say what you want about Uncle Bill, but he had a pretty good record of finding pass rushers. He says 4.8 is too slow. that would take out both Harris and Bennett. 

i know there are exceptions, but ...

2 hours ago, Gigc said:

I have been liking the predictions of Harris to the Colts, but I'm changing my mind after listening to Polian talk about his 40 time benchmarks. 

Say what you want about Uncle Bill, but he had a pretty good record of finding pass rushers. He says 4.8 is too slow. that would take out both Harris and Bennett. 

I love NaPolian but I gotta disagree with him on this one.  Either you can get to the QB or you can't.  Reggie White wasn't the fastest guy on the planet but he could still get sacks.  I'd go more off production and game tape.  The measurables should just be a tie-breaker IMHO.  I would absolutely take either Barnett or Harris, with Barnett being my first choice of the two.

7 hours ago, Gigc said:

Yep.  I caught that too.  He was pretty adamant about Barnett being a 4.8 guy, and that all of the good ones in the NFL are way below that.  He also said that Harris isn't impactful and thought of him more as a second round player.

Polian was a pretty good judge of edge guys, including Jerry Hughes who turned out pretty good.  It seemed like his two favorites are Tak McKinley and Jordan Willis.  He praised Wells pick of McKinley to the Colts at 15.

He had very bad things to say about Taco Charlton and Malik McDowell.  Charleton being too slow and McDowell having a questionable motor.  He thought Reddick was a good player but would likely not select him high because he has no real positional fit in the NFL at this time. 

Remember, Polian's philosophy for the first round is to get an impactful player. Impact is more important than position. He really likes WR Corey Davis and TE Evan Engram, and said TE OJ Howard was his favorite player in the draft (that doesn't mean he should be the number 1 pick).

He doesn't think any of the OTs are first round material.  I didn't hear him say anything about the Corners.  

8 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I was talking about the head reporters of teams, not the draft experts. I mean half this forum picked Ryan Kelly to be our pick in the 1st and Mike Wells couldn't even get that right last year.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that just because the have a column or work for one of the networks that they actually know anything more than the talking points their producers feed them.

I don't remember who Wells mocked, but to be fair to him, a lot of the so called expert said we were taking Decker.  Apparently none of them saw the revolving door we had at Center.

8 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I love NaPolian but I gotta disagree with him on this one.  Either you can get to the QB or you can't.  Reggie White wasn't the fastest guy on the planet but he could still get sacks.  I'd go more off production and game tape.  The measurables should just be a tie-breaker IMHO.  I would absolutely take either Barnett or Harris, with Barnett being my first choice of the two.

Believe it or not, Reggie ran just under 4.6 when he came into the league. He could truck.

13 hours ago, DougDew said:

Yep.  I caught that too.  He was pretty adamant about Barnett being a 4.8 guy, and that all of the good ones in the NFL are way below that.  He also said that Harris isn't impactful and thought of him more as a second round player.

Polian was a pretty good judge of edge guys, including Jerry Hughes who turned out pretty good.  It seemed like his two favorites are Tak McKinley and Jordan Willis.  He praised Wells pick of McKinley to the Colts at 15.

He had very bad things to say about Taco Charlton and Malik McDowell.  Charleton being too slow and McDowell having a questionable motor.  He thought Reddick was a good player but would likely not select him high because he has no real positional fit in the NFL at this time. 

Remember, Polian's philosophy for the first round is to get an impactful player. Impact is more important than position. He really likes WR Corey Davis and TE Evan Engram, and said TE OJ Howard was his favorite player in the draft (that doesn't mean he should be the number 1 pick).

He doesn't think any of the OTs are first round material.  I didn't hear him say anything about the Corners.  

I won't argue against Polian. The only current exception to the rule for pass rushers is Suggs and Bosa. But I'm not sure Harris is half as explosive as Bosa.

I've been saying for awhile now it'd be better to go with Davis. He has no question marks. You can say injury but he had nothing that required surgery so it's a moot point. Take him at 15 or trade down. Look at Carl Lawson in round 2-3 at OLB or Willis.