Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Insane Mock Draft

(Edit) I used First-Pick.com to do a mock for us. I was shocked to see how the draft played out on that site. But, I would be thrilled to end up with a haul like this on draft day.

Your score is: 13198 (GRADE: A-) 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 24 (OAK): Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA (B)
Round 2 Pick 14: Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (B+)
Round 2 Pick 19 (DEN): Jarrad Davis, ILB, Florida (A)
Round 2 Pick 24 (OAK): Garett Bolles, OT, Utah (A+)
Round 3 Pick 27 (K.C.): Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan (A-)
Round 3 Pick 33 (MIA): DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State (A)
Round 4 Pick 14: Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 4 Pick 30: Corn Elder, CB, Miami (Fla.) (B-)
Round 4 Pick 37 (COMP): Jonnu Smith, TE, Florida International (A-)
Round 5 Pick 14: Damontae Kazee, CB, San Diego State (C+)

So, obviously I traded back quite a few times. I can't imagine there's any way Garett Bolles is still there at 24 in the 2nd. Or Jourdan Lewis falling to the late 3rd. But, the possibilities of trading back could open a lot of options for us...

5 hours ago, Boomstick1 said:

First-Pick is one of the most unrealistic drafting sites out there.

Which is probably why you rarely see people post mocks from there. That sight is ridiculous and gives some people unrealistic expectations of what is actually possible in the actual draft.

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Which is probably why you rarely see people post mocks from there. That sight is ridiculous and gives some people unrealistic expectations of what is actually possible in the actual draft.

I see it more as a game than a realistic mock draft tool. Hell, you're trying to get as high of a score as possible. Realism goes out the window when that's the true goal of that site.

44 minutes ago, Legend of Luck said:

That was my first time ever doing a mock draft, so I had no idea itd be so unrealistic.

I MUCH prefer Draftwired. The trades are much more realistic, as they don't allow any trades that favor your team (according to the trade values), and I like their big board for the most part.

15 minutes ago, Shive said:

I see it more as a game than a realistic mock draft tool. Hell, you're trying to get as high of a score as possible. Realism goes out the window when that's the true goal of that site.

I MUCH prefer Draftwired. The trades are much more realistic, as they don't allow any trades that favor your team (according to the trade values), and I like their big board for the most part.

Personally I play the mock draft games with a hint of realism. Granted I mostly use Fanspeak, but I try to think of realistic situations. Like I just did one an hour ago where Marshon Lattimore was available at our pick. I didn't pick him because realistically there's almost zero chance he falls to us. 

16 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Personally I play the mock draft games with a hint of realism. Granted I mostly use Fanspeak, but I try to think of realistic situations. Like I just did one an hour ago where Marshon Lattimore was available at our pick. I didn't pick him because realistically there's almost zero chance he falls to us. 

I usually do the same thing. I've had a few where a top 10 falls to our 2nd. Nowhere near realistic, so I ignore it and pick a player I feel would really be there.

On 4/22/2017 at 1:33 PM, bananabucket said:

Every draft simulator sucks.  Just make your own mock, it isnt that hard.

Their good for getting a read of where most guys might go in the actual draft, and I use them to help structure my own drafts.

For example, I'll run a 7 round Fanspeak mock with different boards twice to get a read on what prospects will realistically be available at our picks. So let's say I do two mocks with Fanspeak's BB and 2 with Matt Miller's, and 3/4 times Hassan Reddick is there. Then I'll say that it's highly likely we'll have a shot at him and I'll put him in one of my mocks.