Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

GC's Mock Draft 2017

Not nearly the football scholar that many are on the board, but I thought I'd give a Mock Draft a try:

Round 1:  Solomon Thomas/Stanford/OLB/Rush.

Strong and athletic.  Aggressive off the ball.

Round 2:  Dan Feeney, Indiana University/OG

Great intangibles.

Round 3:  Fabian Moreau/UCLA/CB

Athletic and fluid in coverage.

Round 4: Kareem Hunt/Toledo/RB

Good footing.  Good size. 

Round 4: Elijah Qualls/Washington/NT

Can play End or Tackle.  Agile and can rush the passer also.

Round 5: Ejuan Price/Pittsburgh/ILB.

Can also play edge rusher.

Round 6: Tedric Thompson/Colorado/SS

Agile and diligent in coverage.

1 hour ago, GwinnettColt said:

Not nearly the football scholar that many are on the board, but I thought I'd give a Mock Draft a try:

Round 1:  Solomon Thomas/Stanford/OLB/Rush.

Strong and athletic.  Aggressive off the ball.

Round 2:  Dan Feeney, Indiana University/OG

Great intangibles.

Round 3:  Fabian Moreau/UCLA/CB

Athletic and fluid in coverage.

Round 4: Kareem Hunt/Toledo/RB

Good footing.  Good size. 

Round 4: Elijah Qualls/Washington/NT

Can play End or Tackle.  Agile and can rush the passer also.

Round 5: Ejuan Price/Pittsburgh/ILB.

Can also play edge rusher.

Round 6: Tedric Thompson/Colorado/SS

Agile and diligent in coverage.

Thomas is a top 5 pick at this point and I'll be shocked if he makes it to #6 let alone #15. Barring a drug arrest or a Tunsil-style Twitter mishap between now and the draft, there is practically zero chance he's there. I like that you went defense though and I love Thomas as a prospect.

Feeney is a pretty good player but he's not the complete article and at this point I worry that he isn't the instant starter he's being billed as. Being a top 5 Olinemen in this class is not much to shout about. Because of the amount of 1st round talent on the defensive side of the ball, I'd be surprised if there wasn't someone that got lost in the shuffle there when we pick.

Moreau is a good value pick if he's there and with his recent injury he could well be.

I really like the rest of your draft. Thompson might be a touch late. Could be a round 5 guy since he's rising. 

Pick wise we have 3 4th rounders and no 6th rounder so it might a bit of a rejig. But to be honest just move Tedric from your 6th pick and turn him into your additional 4th pick and you're golden.

There isn't a player I dislike on here though. Good effort, especially for a non draft scholar :thmup:

43 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

Thomas is a top 5 pick at this point and I'll be shocked if he makes it to #6 let alone #15. Barring a drug arrest or a Tunsil-style Twitter mishap between now and the draft, there is practically zero chance he's there. I like that you went defense though and I love Thomas as a prospect.

Agreed, LOL. Likely top 3 pick now. Barring him pulling an Aaron Hernandez.

41 minutes ago, Gigc said:

It's not bad. Thomas unlikely as others said. But you could put Tak McKinley or Taco Charlton, Charles Harris, Reddick --- any number of others in there at 15.

I would like any of those you mentioned if Thomas isn't available.  

Not picking on you @GwinnettColt this is to everyone who mocks a RB in the fourth our later.  IMO, we may as well not waste the pick and wait for an UDFA because all the guys after the second round are interchangeable.

Here's the generic RB we'll get - he runs a 4.5, and he's gained over 1K yds the last couple years in a non-power 5 conference.

Hey, we already have one - Robert Turbin!

6 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Not picking on you @GwinnettColt this is to everyone who mocks a RB in the fourth our later.  IMO, we may as well not waste the pick and wait for an UDFA because all the guys after the second round are interchangeable.

Here's the generic RB we'll get - he runs a 4.5, and he's gained over 1K yds the last couple years in a non-power 5 conference.

Hey, we already have one - Robert Turbin!

Oh, I don't take it as picking on.... It's just a message board. :)

I do like Turbin and even liked what I saw from Todman.  I'm thinking about for practice squad purposes to move up if we need it due to injuries.  Granted, we could to that in UDFA.

Who would you take instead at that pick?  

1 hour ago, GwinnettColt said:

Oh, I don't take it as picking on.... It's just a message board. :)

I do like Turbin and even liked what I saw from Todman.  I'm thinking about for practice squad purposes to move up if we need it due to injuries.  Granted, we could to that in UDFA.

Who would you take instead at that pick?  

If it had to be in the 4th, (obviously, the big four are gone, Fournette, McCaffrey, Cook and Mixon) I'd go for a change of pace RB like Pumphrey.  But personally, I either want one of the big four or else wait for an UDFA.