Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The New Qb Era Mock

Its still appearing we are going to cut Peyton and start anew with Andrew Luck. This is my draft based on those predictions.(With a little added FA thoughts.)

Free Ageny...

-Indy franchises Reggie Wayne so that he can play at least 1 more year with the Colts. Also he helps give Luck a dependable weapon.

-Indy resigns Pierre Garcon, Robert Mathis.

-Indy cuts S Melvin Bullitt

-Jeff Saturday Retires(Pollak is moved to C)

-Indy signs OG Carl Nicks, S LaRon Landry

Nicks is obviously the big splash, but we can afford him after cutting lose older players and not resigning Peyton. Landry can be had while not braking the bank due to his injury issues he has had.

2012 NFL Draft...

1st- Qb Andrew Luck

2nd- CB Dre Kirkpatrick (Falls a bit due to his arrest, but the top of the 2nd is a good spot for him and Indy loves CBs who can tackle well. Pagano can work with him to better his coverage skills to make him a star at Corner.

Indy trades DE Dwight Freeney to Buffalo for their 2nd round pick. (Buff switched back to the 4-3 and they need a great pass rusher to get after Brady in that division. Freeney could easily still restructure his contract so he wouldnt count 18 million against the cap for Buffalo.)

2nd (via trade)- DE/OLB Vinny Curry (Gives us a very talented pass rusher Pagano can mold into the next Terrell Suggs.)

3rd- TE Coby Fleener (Gives Luck his familiar target and he is a big body at 6-6 so he would make a good redzone target like Gronk was.)

-Indy trades Dallas Clark for a mid 3rd round pick

3rd- NT Josh Chapman (I think Chapman has a good chance to fall to the top of the 3rd since both Poe and Ta'amu will probably go before him. He fits our 3-4 NT spot perfectly. When we play 4-3 AJ will be our NT with Nevis at UT.)

4th- CB Leanord Johnson (Good value here and could be a great nickle corner for us or could start if Powers gets hurt again.)

4th (comp for Session)- S Tavon Wilson (A potential sleeper pick at saftey and could fill in for Landry if he gets hurt. Wilson could be our long term solution at safety though.)

5th- WR AJ Jenkins (Another sleeper prospect here to learn under Wayne.)

Rest of draft - BPA

I like this draft a lot. Especially the Vinny Curry pick, he could be our Suggs if we switch to the 3-4.

I could see Mathis flourishing at OLB as well if we dont get someone like Curry but yeah I would LOVE this draft. I think there is a real possibitliy Dre kirkpatrick does fall though so there is a chance he may be there at the top of the 2nd. We should pounce on him to give Pagano a potential star to work with.

i really dont see the point of trading freeney. i really do think he can adjust if we play a 3-4

Its the age factor and we should have enough bodies to play the OLB spot already with Mathis, Wheeler, and Hughes. Plus we may draft someone like I suggested with the Vinny Curry pick. Pagano will want to get a guy in the mold of Suggs and Curry is that.

I like Fleener as well but experts seem to have him as a late first round grade now. So if we get him it will have to be with our second pick and will pass on some potentially good defensive players. I also don't think Kirkpatrick will fall that far, I feel there will be a run on corners and someone will roll the dice on him mid-first round.