Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2012 Nfl First Round Mock Draft 3.0 (With Trades)

1. Indianapolis Colts (2-14) - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

- It's scary to think about it, but he face of our franchise is more than likely gone. Luck will be the pick here, no question. You just dont pass up talent.

2. (TRADE) St. Lous Rams (2-14) trade their #2 pick to the Washington Redskins (5-11) for their 2012 1st rounder and 2nd rounder, also their 2013 2nd rounder. - Robert Griffen III, QB, Baylor

- With reports saying the Browns aren't sold on RGIII, I don't see them trading up two spots to select him. The Redskins are in need of a quarterback. Beck and Grossman are NOT the answer for their franchise quarterback. With offensive pieces such as Santana Moss and Chris Cooley. RGIII should fit nicely in their offense.

3. Minnesota Vikings (3-13) - Matt Kalil, OT, USC

- Charlie Johnson has done a very poor job as Ponder's blindside protector. Kalil would be a safe pick here and expect a much improved Vikings offensive line in 2012.

4. Cleveland Browns (4-12) - Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma St.

- The Browns haven't had a productive receiver since Braylon Edwards in '07. I know quarterback is a need, but they can draft Brandon Weeden in the third. The only thing to do now is to build an offense around McCoy or whoever theri quarterback next season.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-12) - Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU

- The Buccaneers have offensve weapons (Freeman, Blount, Winslow, Williams, etc.) now they need to focus on their defense. Ronde Barber isn't getting younger and Talib keeps getting in trouble. Claiborne is the best defensive back in the draft, hands down.

6. (From Washington Redskins) St. Louis Rams (2-14) - Johnathan Martin, OT, Stanford

- Rams might of not gotten Blackmon or Kalil, but they drafted a future all-pro tackle. Bradford needs a blindside protector badly. Saffold got burned badly last season.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11) - Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame

- The #1 issue for the Jaguars is providing weapons for Gabbert. Mercedes Lewis has been quiet this season, and I honestly dont know one receiver on the Jaguars. I put Floyd above Jeffery because of Jeffery's behavior.

8. Carolina Panthers (6-10) - Quinton Coples, DE, UNC

- Panthers defense would of been a lot better with Peppers on the team. Thankfully, they can draft a defensive stud named Quinton Coples who had a field day at the Senior Bowl today.

9. Miami Dolphins (6-10) - Courtney Upshaw, LB, Alabama

- Another defensive player who had a terrific Senior Bowl day. Upshaw will provide an upgrade to a dangerous Miami defense and he can replace Jason Taylor (Who retired).

10. Buffalo Bills (6-10) - Nick Perry, DE, USC

- The Bills still cant rush the quarterback. Dareus had a decent rookie season but everyone else was non-productive. Perry will hopefully help this Bills poor pass rush.

11. Kansas City Cheifs (7-9) - David DeCastro, OG, Stanford

- With their former probowl guard Brian Waters in a Patriots uniform, the Cheifs draft another future probowl guard to replace him. DeCastro is easily the best guard in the draft and will help the run/pass game for any team.

12. Seattle Seahawks (7-9) - Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama

- Who would of thought that Janoris Jenkins would be a top 15 pick? Kirkpatrick stock went down due to his arrest and Dennard has an injury. Jenkins had a great week of practice in the Senior Bowl and performed well. Marcus Trufant is heading to free agency, so Seahawks draft a cornerback here.

13. Arizona Cardinals (8-8) - Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa

- Levi Brown is one of the worst starting offensive tackles. Reiff is a lot better than Brown for sure. Kolb gets his franchise left tackle for the next 10+ years.

14. Dallas Cowboys (8-8) - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama

- As I said before, Kirkpatricks stock went down. But, Cowboys are in need of a cornerback. Kirkpatrick would be a better choice (if he stays out of trouble) than Dennard. It's worth the risk.

15. Philadelphia Eagles (8-8) - Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College

- Eagles MUST draft a linebacker here, even if its Kuechly, Hightower, or Burfict. But Kuechly is the best one out of those three. He remidns me of a Stewart Bradly 2.0.

16. New York Jets (8-8) - Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina

- After the Jets got rid of Shaun Ellis, everything started to go downhill. Jets get a special playmaker here to help pressure Tom Brady.

17. Cincinnati Bengals (From Oakland Raiders 8-8) - Chris Polk, RB, Washington

- Cedric Benson is getting slower and older as the off-season goes on. Dont get me wrong, he would make a great backup. But I believe, a running back is needed in Cincinnati and I believe Polk would be a good fit here.

18. San Diego Chargers (8-8) - Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama

- Chargers need some help on defense. Shaun Phillips continues to carry this team with no help. Chargers are missing a linebacker type like Shawne Merriman. Hightower could fit that role as middle linebacker.

19. Chicago Bears (8-8) - Peter Konz, OC, Wisconsin

- What another disapointing season for the Bears offensive line. Their 2011 first round pick Gabe Carimi showed some flashes of being a franchise player, but besides him Bears offensive line stunk. Konz will sure up the offensive line.

20. Tennessee Titans (9-7) - Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska

- I really don't see Cortland Finnegan as a Tennessee Titan in 2012. Therfore, the Titans must draft a replacement. Dennard is a good cornerback, but with his recent injury, his stock went a bit down.

21. Cincinatti Bengals (9-7) - Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia

- Bobbie Williams is getting older and the Bengals should be lookign to upgrade their offensive line. Glenn had a great senior bowl with huge potential because of his size.

22. Cleveland Browns (From Antlanta Falcons 9-7) - Lamar Miller, RB, Miami

- Peyton Hillis is a goner. Montario Hardesty has provided absolutely nothing for the Browns running game. With Blackmon, McCoy, and Miller in the Browns offense, it has the potential to be great.

23. Detroit Lions (10-6) - Mike Adams, OT, Ohio St.

- Wow! This tackle showed at the Senior Bowl today that he is the real deal. He had a terrific performance today. His size and footwork show that he is first round talent.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) - Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina

- You have to be more surprised than I am. But, Hines Ward is likely to retire. If Jeffery provides the potential he is projected, this could be a scary trio between Wallace, Jeffery, and Rothlisburger.

25. Denver Broncos (8-8) - Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina

- Broncos secondary was horrific against the Patriots. Broncos need another power cornerback besides Champ Bailey. Gilmore is the best cornerback available.

26. Houston Texans (10-6) - Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor

- Besides Andre Johnson, Texans have no number two reciever. Walter is below average and Jacoby Jones stinks. Wright will provide another weapon for Schaub (If Healthy).

27. New England Patriots (From New Orleans Saints 13-3) - Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois

- Patriots defensive end position needs some upgrade. Mercilus is the sack leader in the draft and well deserves to be drafted in the first round.

28. Green Bay Packers (15-1) - Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona

- Packers defense needs to improve. Their linebacker core is pretty weak besides Clay Matthews. AJ Hawk has been playing very poor this season. Burfict has the potential to be the next big star.

29. Baltimore Ravens (12-4) - Kelechi Osemele, OT, Iowa St.

- Ray Lewis not retiring is great news for the Ravens. Now they can fix their issues on offense. They let go of their former left tackle Jared Gaither, now they need a replacement for him. Osemele is special. He can play tackle and guard pretty darn well.

30. San Francisco 49ers (13-3) - Joe Adams, WR, Arksansas

- When I think of Joe Adams, I just see him in a 49ers uniform. He had a terrific Senior Bowl day by winning offensive most outstanding player. Smith or whoever they're QB is will get a nice secret weapon with Adams in the slot.

31. New York Giants (9-7) - Orson Charles, TE, Georgia

- Jake Ballard is not the answer for the Giants. Even though he is a rookie, he doesn't look starter material. Charles is rated as the best tight end in the draft and will give Manning another dangerous weapon.

32. (TRADE) Tampa Bay Buccaneers trade their 2012 2nd and 3rd rounder for the Patriots 32nd pick - Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers

- New Buccaneers head coach Greg Schiano (Former Rutgers head coach) will try anything to draft his wide receive he coached for 3 seasons. Patriots usually trade down for more picks, so nothing surprising here.

Not a bad mock.....but the Steelers have Wallace, Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders at WR..... so whether Hines Ward stays or retires is a non-issue. I don't think they go WR in the 1st round after getting those 3 weapons in later rounds in previous drafts.

They need O-line and D-line help....and NT Casey Hampton in particular is having ACL surgery at age 34

I think they go for a NT at #24....probably Dontari Poe from Memphis

you need to throw in the 4th rounder of the skins as well to make it worth the points.

according to the draft chart the #2 pick is worth 2600 pts.

the redskins pick at #6 is worth 1600, the second rounder is worth 510 pts and 3rd rounder is worth 240pt this only adds up to 2340 points even with the 4th rounder you are still short the points.