Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay buys Prince's "Yellow Cloud" guitar for $137,500

CF4L

7 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Favorite post of this page Lollygager. :thmup: 

Uh huh. A great new addition to Jimmy's collection. 

I have to ask this question. I apologize in advance if it's a dumb question, but can Jimmy play guitar well or does he merely accumulate them for display purposes only? I don't care either way. 

I always wanna know how talented music enthusiasts really are. I applaud Jimmy whatever his level of artistic expertise truly is. 

Nadine is right. I know he plays, but he is just ok: 

On June 26, 2016 at 5:22 PM, Smonroe said:

Here's a couple pics from the practice facility museum.  I've got a few more but I'm not sure how much space we're allowed.  I compressed the pics, I hope they're viewable.

Colts Practice Facility 1.jpg

Colts Practice Facility 2.jpg

Colts Practice Facility 3.jpg

Colts Practice Facility 4.jpg

Interesting. In picture 2, going from top to bottom it has a blown up picture of Memorial Stadium, Jones and Unitas's lockers, a picture of Don Shula, a picture of Mike Curtis knocking out a hippie , a bunch of programs including a 1959 media guide. I think I also spy a toy Mayflower Van, though the picture is a bit fuzzy ! Lol 

17 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Favorite post of this page Lollygager. :thmup: 

Uh huh. A great new addition to Jimmy's collection. 

I have to ask this question. I apologize in advance if it's a dumb question, but can Jimmy play guitar well or does he merely accumulate them for display purposes only? I don't care either way. 

I always wanna know how talented music enthusiasts really are. I applaud Jimmy whatever his level of artistic expertise truly is. 

Also want to point out that guitar players, especially amateurs like me, are known for having "gas".  That's Gear Acquisition Syndrome.  Because we just know that the next one we get is going to make us better.  

I'm in recovery so I dare not go into a Guitar Center.  I imagine Mr Irsay suffers from the same disease, except on a much grander scale.  

On June 29, 2016 at 9:45 AM, lollygagger8 said:

Nadine is right. I know he plays, but he is just ok: 

Thanks for your response & the accompanying video evidence as well Lolly. I applaud Jimmy for have the cahoonas/confidence to get up on stage with Mellencamp & let his hair down. Hades, it makes me love Mr. Irsay even more. Here's why: It takes huge guts to open yourself up to scrutiny by the masses & just have a good ole time. You can tell Jimmy enjoys playing & getting in touch with his artistic side. 

People play music for a variety of reasons: Come out of their shell, impress the ladies, blow off steam, aspire to be famous, or just jam out with some cool cats you've idolized your whole life. Whatever Jimmy's motivations are--All that matters is this: He has fun doing it & playing is like breathing to him. Sweet. :thmup:

On June 29, 2016 at 8:03 PM, Smonroe said:

Also want to point out that guitar players, especially amateurs like me, are known for having "gas".  That's Gear Acquisition Syndrome.  Because we just know that the next one we get is going to make us better.  

I'm in recovery so I dare not go into a Guitar Center.  I imagine Mr Irsay suffers from the same disease, except on a much grander scale.  

Nice post brother. Yeah, as far as addictions go, I completely get it man. All musicians want that missing piece that will raise our game to the pinnacle of our profession, even if we know we will always have to keep our day job regardless. LOL!

Like I said to my brother from another mother above S-monroe, just putting yourself out on front street before an audience almost matters more than a musician's level of sophistication simply because I revere bravery so much. Yes, standards matter sure & I value musicians who can elevate compositions to a level I could never carry them too except maybe in my dreams. G.A.S. I like that abbreviation. Very clever. :hat:

On June 29, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Nadine said:

@southwest1 yes he plays.  I have some video somewhere of him playing with steve stills, kenny wayne shepherd, John Mellencamp  and a few other rock and rollers

I appreciate the heads up Nadine. Thank you. I didn't want Colts fans thinking I was slamming Jimmy for just buying landmark guitars & letting them collect dust. It's his money & he's welcome to spend his green any way he wants. 

I just admire the fact that Jimmy has good musical tastes & that he doesn't collect memorabilia from lousy artists. He's to be commended for that i.e. having an ear for quality. 

8 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Nice post brother. Yeah, as far as addictions go, I completely get it man. All musicians want that missing piece that will raise our game to the pinnacle of our profession, even if we know we will always have to keep our day job regardless. LOL!

Like I said to my brother from another mother above S-monroe, just putting yourself out on front street before an audience almost matters more than a musician's level of sophistication simply because I revere bravery so much. Yes, standards matter sure & I value musicians who can elevate compositions to a level I could never carry them too except maybe in my dreams. G.A.S. I like that abbreviation. Very clever. :hat:

That Irsay performance was interesting. It sounds like he was doing a song called, " I'm leaving Baltimore in a van to my hometown blues." lol 

On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 9:03 PM, Smonroe said:

My husband has the same disease.

10 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

That Irsay performance was interesting. It sounds like he was doing a song called, " I'm leaving Baltimore in a van to my hometown blues." lol 

Cute TOC. Cute. Either that or the "Mayflower Blues' right? LOL! 

colts-move.jpg

3 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

That was a cold night in Baltimore. Depressing late March snow,  deserving of a blues riff !!!

You're a good man TOC & I'm pulling for Joe Flacco & Steve Smith Sr. to have a great Ravens year for ya. :thmup:

Justin Forsett too. 

8 hours ago, southwest1 said:

You're a good man TOC & I'm pulling for Joe Flacco & Steve Smith Sr. to have a great Ravens year for ya. :thmup:

Justin Forsett too. 

Thanks, appreciate it. Glad you guys got the Luck deal done. More pieces around him equal more victories !