Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post Week 4 Colts Draft

2016 Draft

Round 1 Pick 22: Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 22: Dan Voltz, C, Wisconsin (A-)
Round 3 Pick 22: Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn (A-)
Round 4 Pick 29 (N.E.): Eric Striker, OLB, Oklahoma (B+)
Round 5 Pick 16 (S.F.): Pharoh Cooper, WR, South Carolina (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21: Jonathan Jones, CB, Auburn (B+)
Round 6 Pick 22: D.J. White, CB, Georgia Tech (A-)
Round 7 Pick 22: Antwaun Woods, DT, Southern California (A)

-With this draft, Indy's OL is vastly improved with 2 new starters at RT and RG. Adams provides decent pass rush from the DL, and Striker can rotate in at OLB on passing downs. Cooper is a nice value in the 5th and we can release Andre and stay young at WR.

2016 Free Agency rough draft

Indy resigns Coby Fleener for 3 years, 16 mil

Indy doesn't resign Dwayne Allen

Indy extends Andrew Luck in the summer for roughly 6 years, 125 mil

Indy signs free agent QB Drew Stanton to be Luck's new backup for at least 2016

I realize there is still a hole at ILB to provide stability, and I'm still working on options there for Indy. Hopefully either Sio Moore or Irving help there.

So you think Voltz should play RG? Interesting idea, although I would like him to stay at center.

Personally I think Voltz is going to be a good center in the NFL. Don't know if he'd move to guard really. My .02 on that.

I think Conklin still being there at pick 22 is pretty optimistic. 

I also think it's possible we go out and sign a free agent O-lineman before the draft. Someone like Osemele, Yanda, or Cordy Glenn. We might want to free up some cap space to do it, but it would give us the freedom to not feel like we need to reach in the draft for O-linemen, although I'd still want us to keep our eyes open for them if they were a good value at the given pick. I see interior O-lineman especially, being a pretty deep crop this year.

2016 Draft

Round 1 Pick 22: Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State (A-)

Round 2 Pick 22: Dan Voltz, C, Wisconsin (A-)

Round 3 Pick 22: Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn (A-)

Round 4 Pick 29 (N.E.): Eric Striker, OLB, Oklahoma (B+)

Round 5 Pick 16 (S.F.): Pharoh Cooper, WR, South Carolina (A+)

Round 5 Pick 21: Jonathan Jones, CB, Auburn (B+)

Round 6 Pick 22: D.J. White, CB, Georgia Tech (A-)

Round 7 Pick 22: Antwaun Woods, DT, Southern California (A)

-With this draft, Indy's OL is vastly improved with 2 new starters at RT and RG. Adams provides decent pass rush from the DL, and Striker can rotate in at OLB on passing downs. Cooper is a nice value in the 5th and we can release Andre and stay young at WR.

2016 Free Agency rough draft

Indy resigns Coby Fleener for 3 years, 16 mil

Indy doesn't resign Dwayne Allen

Indy extends Andrew Luck in the summer for roughly 6 years, 125 mil

Indy signs free agent QB Drew Stanton to be Luck's new backup for at least 2016

I realize there is still a hole at ILB to provide stability, and I'm still working on options there for Indy. Hopefully either Sio Moore or Irving help there.

Several thoughts.....

I'm not sure why you're creating mock drafts based on these internet mock draft sites.   They're fun and addictive to play,  but the guys who program them don't know player or their proper value.     It's mostly just Wild A** Guesses.

By the way, the Colts don't have their own 6th round pick.   They traded it to Oakland for LB Sio Moore.

As for Free Agency.    Fleener will do much better than 3/16.    Probably closer to 4/25.    Remember, money is pouring into the NFL so salaries are going up -- way up.   And Fleener will get his.

Luck will likely get more than 6/125.    That's not even 21 per year.   The only way that happens is if Luck gives the Colts a huge hometown discount.     That might happen,  but I wouldn't bet on it.

As for Stanton,   I don't see him coming back.    What's the incentive?   Arians loves him, and with Arizona, he stands to potentially play more for the Cardinals than he does for the Colts.    Luck rarely gets hurt, but Carson Palmer seemingly gets hurt every year.    Odds are he stays.     I would think we'd look at someone like Matt Moore or Colt McCoy.    Someone like that.

Just some food for thought.....

Several thoughts.....

I'm not sure why you're creating mock drafts based on these internet mock draft sites.   They're fun and addictive to play,  but the guys who program them don't know player or their proper value.     It's mostly just Wild * Guesses.

By the way, the Colts don't have their own 6th round pick.   They traded it to Oakland for LB Sio Moore.

As for Free Agency.    Fleener will do much better than 3/16.    Probably closer to 4/25.    Remember, money is pouring into the NFL so salaries are going up -- way up.   And Fleener will get his.

Luck will likely get more than 6/125.    That's not even 21 per year.   The only way that happens is if Luck gives the Colts a huge hometown discount.     That might happen,  but I wouldn't bet on it.

As for Stanton,   I don't see him coming back.    What's the incentive?   Arians loves him, and with Arizona, he stands to potentially play more for the Cardinals than he does for the Colts.    Luck rarely gets hurt, but Carson Palmer seemingly gets hurt every year.    Odds are he stays.     I would think we'd look at someone like Matt Moore or Colt McCoy.    Someone like that.

Just some food for thought.....

I agree with the rest of this comment, but I had to comment myself on the bolded because it is said often when first-pick is done for mocks. You say the people who create them don't know proper value for the players, well nobody does at this point and their projections are as good as yours or mine. Remember, a lot of people (myself included), were mocking Henry Anderson in the 3rd round at pick 93 and that's exactly where we got him. Lots of people were saying the site was dumb and he'd go a round earlier. Just one example, but sometimes we are wrong and they are right. It's just a rough estimate at this point anyway until the combine and pro day, and to first-pick's credit, they adjust their ranks based on weekly performance and combine and pro days when they happen.

I agree with the rest of this comment, but I had to comment myself on the bolded because it is said often when first-pick is done for mocks. You say the people who create them don't know proper value for the players, well nobody does at this point and their projections are as good as yours or mine. Remember, a lot of people (myself included), were mocking Henry Anderson in the 3rd round at pick 93 and that's exactly where we got him. Lots of people were saying the site was dumb and he'd go a round earlier. Just one example, but sometimes we are wrong and they are right. It's just a rough estimate at this point anyway until the combine and pro day, and to first-pick's credit, they adjust their ranks based on weekly performance and combine and pro days when they happen.

At this point,  the sites only have an idea of the projected first round people and a few of the 2nd round people.    Otherwise,  most of their guesses are of the broken clock being right twice a day theory.

They're wrong far more than they're right.  

They only get accurate around April when things become obvious and more widely known.    These guys are not so much sports guys as they are tech guys.

So, for example, a few years back the sites had D'Anthony Thomas and Dri Archer both going in the 7th round for most of their senior season.     Wasn't ever going to happen that way and I said so over and over and over again, as posters here were thrilled that we might get one of them with a late round pick.    4th round, I said.

Then, as we got close to the draft,  those two got moved up to.....    the 6th round.    More delight from casual posters.   4th round I said. 

Draft day came,  one went toward the bottom of the 3rd,  the other toward the top of the 4th.    It wasn't that hard to see if you know the draft and what to look for and how values play out.       I don't get too excited when they're right, because, again,  even a blind squirrel finds the occasional nut.

The games are fun and addictive,  but they're not Predictive.    You're not going to learn much by playing them.

If you understand that going in, it's OK to have all the fun you want.    But if you think you're coming up with a Master Blue Print for the 2016 Colts draft,  then you're kidding yourself.