Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nate Irving Hopes To Be Back Week 1

IndyD4U

I hope so I know he was pretty good at run stopping but I have a question would we sub Irving in for freeman on obvious run downs? Probably a dumb question but I'm curious to how people think we will use him.

The article says he will challenge the starters for playing time. Whether that's starting or not, IDK. I see no reason why he couldn't be a starter and then sub out on obvious 3rd and longs

The article says he will challenge the starters for playing time. Whether that's starting or not, IDK. I see no reason why he couldn't be a starter and then sub out on obvious 3rd and longs

I think our run defense, and the defense in general is going to surprise a lot of people (in a good way) I think a top ten defense looks achievable. And I say this assuming Art Jones won't be out for a while or having anymore nagging injuries.

If he gets back to full form, he's a better run stopper than Freeman and a better coverage guy than D'Qwell. I'd say he's worse than each at the reverse though. Definitely a good guy skill set wise to have in the mix at ILB.

From what I've seen, he's also better than Jackson vs the run.