Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets to Release WR Percy Harvin

New England has expressed interest in Percy. I've seen that, and it will probably work out real well for him if he goes there. However I'm just wondering what kind of help he really needs?  To see a player with all that speed and talent keep getting released as of late is kind of puzzling to me.

Yes he could be good barring injuries, but think heʻll be hurt cause Brady tends to sacrifice his WRʻs in the short passing game, can he take a hit like Edelman or Hawkins.... maybe? But he is a lot better than Amendola and they are freeing up some cap space so Harvin to Patʻs

Percy's gone from a SB Champion Hawk to a grounded Jet & now on the open market. I wouldn't touch Harvin with 100 foot pole. I love his speed, but having Pete Carroll unload you for nothing sends up red flags to me. 

If Percy can't click with RW in the Pacific NW, then he has some serious demons to wrestle with man. RW is 1 of the easiest guys to get along with on the planet. Percy just scares me man. I mean where's his head is at that is.

If I was NE, I'd be leery of giving him anything but a contract with a lot of conditional incentives in it. 

Percy's gone from a SB Champion Hawk to a grounded Jet & now on the open market. I wouldn't touch Harvin with 100 foot pole. I love his speed, but having Pete Carroll unload you for nothing sends up red flags to me. 

I agree. Everywhere he has played it seems like the team can't get rid of him fast enough.

He'll go to NE and explode!!! Bill will find some real creative ways to use him Im sure. Could easily see a 1,000yd plus season for him if he goes to NE.

I don't think Bill would touch him with a 10 foot pole. He has been on 3 teams now and either been too injured to play or a problem in the locker room. I am still trying to understand why the Jets traded for him only to release him at season's end.

I don't think Bill would touch him with a 10 foot pole. He has been on 3 teams now and either been too injured to play or a problem in the locker room. I am still trying to understand why the Jets traded for him only to release him at season's end.

Don't know, I think Bill could put the fear of God in him. If he got the boot after a year in NE, his NFL goose would officially be cooked.