Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano: Colts will try and Draft a Safety...

NewColtsFan

Mike Wells is the "LEAST" reliable and knowledgeable individual regarding Colt football.

He was the Pacers "beat" writer last season for the STAR and left for ESPN When the STAR was imploding.....    How he got the gig?   Dude is a stone cold *.

Mike Wells want's to be a comedian.      Not a reporter.

Stick with Chap.

A story by ESPN.com Colts beat writer, Mike Wells...

Quotes Pagano as saying the team will try and draft a safety in May....

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/4864/pagano-colts-will-look-to-draft-a-safety

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is not saying we are drafting a S: It’ll be nice to get a young one in the fold, but we’ll see how it goes.”

That is as close as he says to we are drafting a S I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed people if when they call ;us at 59 unless we drop back. I think we take Cyril Richardson G from Baylor or the best available player on our board one of the OLB's.  I do not think that is going to be a S. They like Howell I like Howell everyone will like Howell by week 4.

Build the O Line and the front 7 on D. I don't understand everyone's desperation for a S and that is not a good way to into a draft locked in on one position. Frankly I'd rather take Ladler in the 5th than reach for a S at 59. I hope that is the case if it is on the back end the only players I see at 59 around that warrant being picked that high are listed a CB's

Isaiah Lewis from Michigan State in the 3rd Dee Ford in the 2nd BOOM!!! I hate Auburn but this guy is a monster pass rusher

If we get Dee Ford at 59 every GM in the NFL needs to be drug tested. He is gone on the first day or very early day 2.

We have to fix the O Line or all the weapons we have are useless I think that is where we go I see Cyril RIchardson falling right in our lap. Richardson was being looked at as first round talent had bad senior bowl and combine. Looked better at Pro day not good enough to go on day one. He fits our scheme we were at the pro day.  He could be someone we trade back for but I think if he is there we take him.

Cyril Richardson

40-yard dash: 5.36 seconds

Bench press reps: 25 reps of 255 lbs

Vertical: 25.5 inches

Broad jump: 91 inches (7 3/5 feet)

3-cone drill: 7.70 seconds

20-yard shuttle: 4.83 seconds

Projected draft range by NFL.com – First round in the late 20′s

Prior to his fall I guess it just depends on how far they think he will fall I have seen places have him going in the third.

Not a sexy pick but he is a huge G with good feet

If I remember correctly, we trade up to get T.Y. I don't really like the thought of trading up at the cost of next year. We should have another late round pick again next year (i hope!) and pickings are slim enough as it is. At some point trading into the following year is going to bite us. Hopefully we can grab a good safety without having to trade up. This draft is supposed to be deep that way.

Let's be honest here. It's very rare that the late round picks have any real value. Most of them are not even on the roster a year after the draft. Before you mention undrafted players and late round picks that have made it big in the NFL, I'm fully aware that this happens, but it's not the norm by any measure.

I could care less if we traded every future 6th and 7th pick we will ever have, if that could land us someone like Clinton-Dix

Let's be honest here. It's very rare that the late round picks have any real value. Most of them are not even on the roster a year after the draft. Before you mention undrafted players and late round picks that have made it big in the NFL, I'm fully aware that this happens, but it's not the norm by any measure.

I could care less if we traded every future 6th and 7th pick we will ever have, if that could land us someone like Clinton-Dix

So would I, but the actual chance of us getting someone like Clinton-Dix for a sixth or seventh (no matter how many of them you stack together) is, well, "Ha-Ha", it ain't gonna happen.

Is he worth a first and third/fourth from next year to you? Something like that may be more of the asking price?

Don't think he ever was known as the big play guy, that would be Bob Sanders. Bethea has just been a good, steady backfield presence save for the last few years.

His best years were 07'-09', with 07' and 09' having 4 INT a piece.  In 07' Bob sanders played all but one game but only played like 2 in 09'.  So he had his couple of good years.

So would I, but the actual chance of us getting someone like Clinton-Dix for a sixth or seventh (no matter how many of them you stack together) is, well, "Ha-Ha", it ain't gonna happen.

Is he worth a first and third/fourth from next year to you? Something like that may be more of the asking price?

No, he's not worth that. I wasn't suggesting that we should construct a blockbuster deal in order to move up for him.

It was only a comment on so many people on here, concerned with the number of picks we have, when in the real world most late round picks don't ever contribute much on the field.