Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yehoodi

The Book of Manning: ESPN 30 for 30 special airs on 9/24

8 posts in this topic

Hi all . . . just saw an add for an ESPN 30 for 30 special on the Manning family . . . looks like it will be a great program . . . ESPN does a good job with some of these 30 for 30 programs . . .  It airs next Tuesday 9/24 at 8 pm, set your DVRs if you can't watch it live, it looks like a fun program . . .

here is a link to two of the trailers . . . enjoy the trailer and show . . . :cheer2:

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/70172/video-sec-storied-the-book-of-manning-2

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/69860/video-sec-storied-the-book-of-manning

1 person likes this

Hi all . . . just saw an add for an ESPN 30 for 30 special on the Manning family . . . looks like it will be a great program . . . ESPN does a good job with some of these 30 for 30 programs . . .  It airs next Tuesday 9/24 at 8 pm, set your DVRs if you can't watch it live, it looks like a fun program . . .

here is a link to two of the trailers . . . enjoy the trailer and show . . . :cheer2:

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/70172/video-sec-storied-the-book-of-manning-2

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/69860/video-sec-storied-the-book-of-manning

Thank you

A friend of mine told me it shows the boys when they were little and how the older brother would get Peyton to cry a lot but they could never get Eli to cry. :)

My favorite ESPN 30 for 30 was the Band that wouldn't die, although that one may be the least popular one in Indy.

Wikipedia excerpt on Archie.

Manning played for the Saints for ten full seasons.[1] He was usually one of the few marquee players on a dreadful team. During his tenure in New Orleans, the Saints had nine losing seasons, and only managed to get to .500 once (1979). Nevertheless, he was well respected by NFL peers. For example, he was sacked 340 times during his Saints career. According to Sports Illustrated senior writer Paul Zimmerman, it should have been much more than that. However, Zimmerman wrote, opposing defensive linemen, "Jack Youngblood in particular," were known to take it easy on the poorly protected Manning and not hit him as hard.[9][10]

For his part Manning seemed to appreciate Youngblood's kindness, telling the Los Angeles Times, on September 23, 1974, "The Rams front four is the best I ever faced . . . I've got to say that Youngblood was nice enough to pick me up every time he knocked my (butt) off." Today, Manning jokes that Youngblood's career would not have been as successful without him. He even suggested that Youngblood should have let him be his presenter when he was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2001, saying, "He wouldn’t have gotten in without having me to sack.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Here is a podcast from Sports Illustrated that features Zach Banner:     And here's Banner on The Herd:     Seems like a smart young man with personality. That's good after we lost the only guy with personality on our roster this off-season.
    •   Here's my depth chart of the current roster, including my prediction of my final 53. Assuming no major FA signings or trades, here's what I see.   IMO Parry is def gone with the draft of Glover Stewart. We didn't draft someone in the 4th round to let it go to the practice squad.   Of our 9 DLs, 2 are gone for sure making a total of 7. Amongst the 2 to be cut will likely be the following:
        McGill - $0 dead cap Parry - 110K dead cap Woods - 250K dead cap Hunt - 500K dead cap   At OLB, Maggitt will def be gone before Mingo is; he only has a $4000 dead cap (NOT A TYPO) while Mingo will stay simply because he was a former 1st rounder and we'll still hoping he pulls a Jerry Hughes after the latter went to Buffalo.        
    • I also caught the wise * remarks about Indy and their use of their zoo to make their picks.
    • You bring up an interesting point about his weight. I guess it could be seen as an opportunity for improvement. According to report he's been losing weight for a while now in order to become a draftable player. I guess if he's serious enough and has good work ethic he can reshape his body and improve his movement with it. I just hope his weight is not an issue every off-season.
    • I also got a kick out of Mike Mayock getting upset over Rich & the gang on the NFL Network set wanting to keep going back to that Orange orangutan pushing that touch screen at the Indianapolis Zoo & then Rich throws in an "Every Which Way But Loose" Clint Eastwood movie reference. Bah! Ha! Ha! I've never seen Charles laugh so hard either.    I hated that stupid rant over how great the Dallas Cowboys were. Man, I detest the bleeping Cowboys! America's Team my caboose! Who just won the SB again? Oh yeah, NE. The Cow Girls last won a Lombardi Trophy in 1995, the 20th Century. Shut the you know what up Lone Star fans. Sorry, but you must win a title within 5 yrs to be respected Dallas. Just saying. 
  • Welcome New Members

• Members

• SkyBane

SkyBane 877

• crazycolt1

crazycolt1 5,136

• Bruce MacGillivray

Bruce MacGillivray 8

• krunk

krunk 7,141

• #12.

#12. 635

• CR91

CR91 4,885

• bananabucket

bananabucket 366

• Juanjo

Juanjo 14

• SteelDragon

SteelDragon 415

• kornstar

kornstar 27

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.