Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tonychen

Manning's deep passes - better than yrs with Colts

16 posts in this topic

Wonder how that compares to years other than 2010.

2010 we had no deep threats.

Obviously a big guy like Thomas makes the deep ball much easier.

Edit: wasn't 2010 also the year Peyton threw like 6 pick 6s in like 3 games. Maybe not the best year to stack up stats against lol.

Wonder how that compares to years other than 2010.

2010 we had no deep threats.

Obviously a big guy like Thomas makes the deep ball much easier.

Edit: wasn't 2010 also the year Peyton threw like 6 pick 6s in like 3 games. Maybe not the best year to stack up stats against lol.

11 INTs in 3 games, with 4 pick sixes if I remember right (2 vs Chargers, 2 vs Cowboys). I think the pick sixes had more to do with both Collie and Clark on IR. Not that they are deep threats but I do think his YPA would definitely be higher with Clark and Collie in the line up.

11 INTs in 3 games, with 4 pick sixes if I remember right (2 vs Chargers, 2 vs Cowboys). I think the pick sixes had more to do with both Collie and Clark on IR. Not that they are deep threats but I do think his YPA would definitely be higher with Clark and Collie in the line up.
I was at those two games. So depressing :( lol.

Couldn't believe we got that Cowboy game to OT. Couldn't believe we lost in OT either......

But yes. Not his best stretch in his career.

I don't buy this one bit. His passes look a bit wobbly compared to years ago, not that everyone at his age can throw 100% perfect. He can still throw, but it's not the same as it was in the past, happens to all of them over the age.

I don't buy this one bit. His passes look a bit wobbly compared to years ago, not that everyone at his age can throw 100% perfect. He can still throw, but it's not the same as it was in the past, happens to all of them over the age.

manning has always thrown a wobbly ball

It helps that he hasn't had a supporting cast like this since the early 2000s. 

His balls have clearly never been better.

Wobbles or not.

1 person likes this

Proofs in the Pudding??!! Take time to watch this especially all Manning Fans!! I think you'll like this one?

http://www.myspace.com/video/joseph/tribute-to-peyton-manning/33054602

Good video there, thanks for sharing.

Yep, the infamous wobble has always been there!!! Peyton had been known more for his reading of Ds, accuracy and his throws getting there with anticipation. Never been known much as a guy with a great arm!!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000113759/article/peyton-manning-is-the-same-as-ever-numbers-show?icampaign=Fantasy_editorial "Manning is averaging 14.7 yards per attempt on throws that go over 20 yards in the air, which is up drastically from 9.8 YPA in 2010. He's completing a far higher percentage when he tries deep passes: 44.9% to 26%."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000113759/article/peyton-manning-is-the-same-as-ever-numbers-show?icampaign=Fantasy_editorial "Manning is averaging 14.7 yards per attempt on throws that go over 20 yards in the air, which is up drastically from 9.8 YPA in 2010. He's completing a far higher percentage when he tries deep passes: 44.9% to 26%."
snt

Isn't yard per completion more important than yards per attempt?

some balls are thrown away intentionally