•  

Photo

Manning's deep passes - better than yrs with Colts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 tonychen

tonychen
  • 912 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...ntasy_editorial "Manning is averaging 14.7 yards per attempt on throws that go over 20 yards in the air, which is up drastically from 9.8 YPA in 2010. He's completing a far higher percentage when he tries deep passes: 44.9% to 26%."

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5822 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

offensive line

[/end thread]

#3 tonychen

tonychen
  • 912 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

sounds like outdoor VS. indoor has never been an issue.

#4 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

offensive line

[/end thread]

HEALTH

#5 House

House
  • 6548 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Wonder how that compares to years other than 2010.

2010 we had no deep threats.

Obviously a big guy like Thomas makes the deep ball much easier.

Edit: wasn't 2010 also the year Peyton threw like 6 pick 6s in like 3 games. Maybe not the best year to stack up stats against lol.
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

#6 chad72

chad72
  • 8455 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Wonder how that compares to years other than 2010.

2010 we had no deep threats.

Obviously a big guy like Thomas makes the deep ball much easier.

Edit: wasn't 2010 also the year Peyton threw like 6 pick 6s in like 3 games. Maybe not the best year to stack up stats against lol.

11 INTs in 3 games, with 4 pick sixes if I remember right (2 vs Chargers, 2 vs Cowboys). I think the pick sixes had more to do with both Collie and Clark on IR. Not that they are deep threats but I do think his YPA would definitely be higher with Clark and Collie in the line up.

#7 House

House
  • 6548 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

11 INTs in 3 games, with 4 pick sixes if I remember right (2 vs Chargers, 2 vs Cowboys). I think the pick sixes had more to do with both Collie and Clark on IR. Not that they are deep threats but I do think his YPA would definitely be higher with Clark and Collie in the line up.
I was at those two games. So depressing :( lol.

Couldn't believe we got that Cowboy game to OT. Couldn't believe we lost in OT either......

But yes. Not his best stretch in his career.
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

#8 Bogie

Bogie
  • 1735 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

I don't buy this one bit. His passes look a bit wobbly compared to years ago, not that everyone at his age can throw 100% perfect. He can still throw, but it's not the same as it was in the past, happens to all of them over the age.

okv09w.jpg

#9 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5822 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

I don't buy this one bit. His passes look a bit wobbly compared to years ago, not that everyone at his age can throw 100% perfect. He can still throw, but it's not the same as it was in the past, happens to all of them over the age.

manning has always thrown a wobbly ball

#10 Coltsince4

Coltsince4
  • 637 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

Proofs in the Pudding??!! Take time to watch this especially all Manning Fans!! I think you'll like this one?

#11 Andy

Andy
  • 8604 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

It helps that he hasn't had a supporting cast like this since the early 2000s. 

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#12 Jules

Jules

"All the world's a stage"

• 7108 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

His balls have clearly never been better.

Wobbles or not.

"I saw an Angel in the marble and carved until I set it free." ~ Michelangelo

#13 Slick_Rick

Slick_Rick
  • 903 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

His balls have clearly never been better.

Wobbles or not.

#14 House

House
  • 6548 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

Totally left out the best part of that clip lol.

#15 chad72

chad72
  • 8455 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

Proofs in the Pudding??!! Take time to watch this especially all Manning Fans!! I think you'll like this one?

Good video there, thanks for sharing.

Yep, the infamous wobble has always been there!!! Peyton had been known more for his reading of Ds, accuracy and his throws getting there with anticipation. Never been known much as a guy with a great arm!!!

#16 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 13236 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...ntasy_editorial "Manning is averaging 14.7 yards per attempt on throws that go over 20 yards in the air, which is up drastically from 9.8 YPA in 2010. He's completing a far higher percentage when he tries deep passes: 44.9% to 26%."
snt

Isn't yard per completion more important than yards per attempt?
some balls are thrown away intentionally

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      24 Apr
    MOB

Opening against the Broncos. Maybe this is a sign of destiny?

Show comments (3)
View All Updates