Photo

Deion Branch released by New England Patriots

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#41 Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life

King Optimistic

• 1314 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

Is Talib good to go today, or is he still banned?

He is playing... Though I doubt he'll make much of an impact if any. He hasn't been able to practice or learn the Pats defense. If anything he'll be floating around just trying to make plays. I'd love to see Avery burn him a couple of times.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#42 Flying Elvis

Flying Elvis
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

Why did they cut him then? Was it to save money?

It was just a roster move, consistent with how the Patriots managed their roster all year, making a lot of moves the day before a game based on needs for that contest. The cut made room for defensive lineman Alex Silvestro, who probably was added to replace injured Rob Gronkowski on special teams.

#43 Flying Elvis

Flying Elvis
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

I believe Branch will be re-signed as soon as he is healthy. He has stated he wants to retire a Patriot. The move was made simply because Wes Welker has a bad ankle and Brandon Lloyd has a bad knee so that leaves Julian Edelman as the only healthy WR. Salas was added for depth.

#44 Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life

King Optimistic

• 1314 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

I believe Branch will be re-signed as soon as he is healthy. He has stated he wants to retire a Patriot. The move was made simply because Wes Welker has a bad ankle and Brandon Lloyd has a bad knee so that leaves Julian Edelman as the only healthy WR. Salas was added for depth.

I understand the move. It'd be different if they cut Welker or something.

#45 deedub75

deedub75
  • 1714 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

Sure, that is great and all, but it's not the same thing. If I told you you had a chance to play in a Super Bowl or to get a ring no matter what, I think you'd take playing in the Super Bowl.

Wasn't Underwood on the team win they won the AFCCG? He was deserving of that ring anyway. I doubt if Belichek really gave him a choice. I still don't know of any other coach who would cut someone the night before a Super Bowl.
"I have 3 kids and no money. Why can't I have 3 money and no kids?" - Homer Simpson

#46 MR. Blueblood

MR. Blueblood
  • 1015 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

we cut Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison when we felt it was best for our team to move on from them if we can do that I fail to see how cutting branch is just not right.

Didn't Marvin ask for his release? To which we obliged.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3926922
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."--Sun Tzu

#47 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 15650 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

SD did something similar for several weeks with the extra Lineman
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#48 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2767 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

Didn't Marvin ask for his release? To which we obliged.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3926922

plus we didn't wait the day before a game to cut peyton

#49 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7281 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

It was just a roster move, consistent with how the Patriots managed their roster all year, making a lot of moves the day before a game based on needs for that contest. The cut made room for defensive lineman Alex Silvestro, who probably was added to replace injured Rob Gronkowski on special teams.

Understood. I was just curious.

On another note, and not just for Pats fans, anyone know a good Pats board? I like to get opposing teams fans POV. I usually go to their SB Nation site.

#50 krunk

krunk
  • 3619 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

Remember who we are talking about. This is the same team that got rid of Tiquan Underwood the day before the Super Bowl.

I see what you're saying, but Underwood isn't Deion Branch.

#51 Flying Elvis

Flying Elvis
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

Understood. I was just curious.

On another note, and not just for Pats fans, anyone know a good Pats board? I like to get opposing teams fans POV. I usually go to their SB Nation site.

Link removed. Please do not link to another forum per board rules.

Edited by Coltssouth, 18 November 2012 - 11:32 AM.
Link to another forum

#52 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 15650 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

I really hate these types of moves
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#53 Flying Elvis

Flying Elvis
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

I really hate these types of moves

I agree and even though it seems cold hearted, Belichick has said it's the hardest part of the job.
http://www.boston.co...EUtO/story.html

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      19 Sep
    Kimberly Lynn Latka

To all of my family and friends in Connecticut. A friend of mine has been laid off. He is looking for work and if you know of anybody who needs a Director of Information Technology let me know. Thank you!!!

View All Updates