Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay, now (23/08)

Marcio James

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read this on a Dolphins forum (making the rounds today)

On the rumor:

1. Jim Irsay said it's a vet/starter

2. Also said it would be for a high pick

3. Irsay referenced his checkbook, suggesting contract could e an issue

4. John Michael Vincent of ESPN 1070 in Indy talked about it being Vontae Davis this afternoon

5. Later, Phil Richards of Indianapolis Star reported his source says it's a corner

6. Jason La Canfora says it is not Michael Jenkins

7. Mortensen says he hears skepticism from league sources, think Irsay is yanking chains

8. Phil Richards denies that speculation, says serious trade is being discussed

On the plausibility:

1. We know the Ravens were high on Vontae Davis in 2009

2. Chuck Pagano was the DB Coach at that time so I'm sure he was high on Vontae

3. The Eagles were rumored to be high on him, but preferred Maclin over him

4. Ryan Grigson was part of that Eagles front office

5. Vontae Davis has been a starter 3 years, is a vet

6. Yet Miami just replaced him w/ Richard Marshall, who has a long term contract

7. Vontae Davis fits that defense (hence Baltimore's liking him)

8. They need a cornerback

9. Vontae is signed thru 2013

10. Jeff Ireland has made a preseason trade every year except 2011

Read this on a Dolphins forum (making the rounds today)

On the rumor:

1. Jim Irsay said it's a vet/starter

2. Also said it would be for a high pick

3. Irsay referenced his checkbook, suggesting contract could e an issue

4. John Michael Vincent of ESPN 1070 in Indy talked about it being Vontae Davis this afternoon

5. Later, Phil Richards of Indianapolis Star reported his source says it's a corner

6. Jason La Canfora says it is not Michael Jenkins

7. Mortensen says he hears skepticism from league sources, think Irsay is yanking chains

8. Phil Richards denies that speculation, says serious trade is being discussed

On the plausibility:

1. We know the Ravens were high on Vontae Davis in 2009

2. Chuck Pagano was the DB Coach at that time so I'm sure he was high on Vontae

3. The Eagles were rumored to be high on him, but preferred Maclin over him

4. Ryan Grigson was part of that Eagles front office

5. Vontae Davis has been a starter 3 years, is a vet

6. Yet Miami just replaced him w/ Richard Marshall, who has a long term contract

7. Vontae Davis fits that defense (hence Baltimore's liking him)

8. They need a cornerback

9. Vontae is signed thru 2013

10. Jeff Ireland has made a preseason trade every year except 2011

I sure hope you're right and we get Vontae Davis!!! I dont wanna give up too much though. Maybe a 3rd and a starter we dont need so much.

Hmm Vontae Davis for Dwight Freeney straight up, Insert Jerry Hughes at Dwight spot see how that goes for the year and if Hughes doesnt get the job done then go OLB/DE in the draft, Maybe even do that anyway in the draft except in a middle round

Nope, they are, indeed, brothers.... not that it matters at all......

http://deadspin.com/...h-a-claw-hammer

seems the third brother is a winner......

Well, Best 2 out of 3 I suppose. It's sad that he chose that direction in Life being as he had two older brothers to look up to as role models. I know their family must be going through tough times right now smh