Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bronco Training Camp

Gavin

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning gets vocal at full-pads practice

Quarterback Peyton Manning could be heard commanding orders and plays as if he's been with the Broncos for years.

Practice began at 10:40 a.m. After a few warmup drills, the team gathered to simulate a goal-to-go, third-down situation.

Manning, , nailing 4-of-6 passes.

e:Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning gets vocal at full-pads practice - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21383557/broncos-quarterback-peyton-manning-gets-vocal-at-full#ixzz24Ole9RFN

Broncos' Andre Caldwell, Nate Irving back in pads after rib injuries

e:Broncos' Andre Caldwell, Nate Irving back in pads after rib injuries - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21383331/broncos-andre-caldwell-nate-irving-back-pads-after#ixzz24OmFOm47

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, when I watched the game 2 again last night, I noticed Peyton yelling "Shut the F up" to someone (presumably a Bronco, perhaps JD Walton) while listening in the refs conversation after a penalty (resulted in JD's personal foul) near the end of the half. I'm pretty sure that's what he said.

Oh, when I watched the game 2 again last night, I noticed Peyton yelling "Shut the F up" to someone (presumably a Bronco, perhaps JD Walton) while listening in the refs conversation after a penalty (resulted in JD's personal foul) near the end of the half. I'm pretty sure that's what he said.

He said that to Donald Brown, are many tapes of it out there , Donald What the F ( or something equally as bad & explicit ) when he missed a block of an oncoming biltzer that was his assignment

I found it. LOL!

GOOD FOR U

I went and search u Tube, was going to post link , but then not family friendly I guess

he said GD D... it donald

will be away tomorrow unless come on late afternoon, Medical procedure ,, know u wish me well but doubt it anesthesia and all, and need a driver etc

Its a simple thing

Must take off now, have a good day , not sure how much will do Sat too , need to rest probably on Friday and much to catch up on that haven't gotten too

If not around enjoy the game , its on FOX TV at 4 PM locally TV here & NFL network at midnight, 12 AM 8/29 , maybe in your area not local so someplace else or more replays than here ??

ALL TIMES EASTERN

GOOD FOR U

I went and search u Tube, was going to post link , but then not family friendly I guess

he said GD D... it donald

will be away tomorrow unless come on late afternoon, Medical procedure ,, know u wish me well but doubt it anesthesia and all, and need a driver etc

Its a simple thing

Must take off now, have a good day , not sure how much will do Sat too , need to rest probably on Friday and much to catch up on that haven't gotten too

If not around enjoy the game , its on FOX TV at 4 PM locally TV here & NFL network at midnight, 12 AM 8/29 , maybe in your area not local so someplace else or more replays than here ??

ALL TIMES EASTERN

Thanks, Barry. Take it easy. Hope all goes well.

I'll be glued to TV this weekend. I think I can catch local Niner's coverage as well as NFL network's.

Good luck tomorrow!

A good piece about the Broncos 'great defense'.

Denver: Will a dreadful defense hijack Peyton Manning's Mile High debut?

The conventional wisdom out of Indianapolis over the past 14 years was that Peyton Manning's Colts routinely fell short of Super Bowl success because of its sub-standard defense. If that's the case, it could be a very disappointing year in Denver, where the Broncos need to make vast improvements on defense to be Super Bowl worthy.

The Denver D produced a few sparkling moments last year, but it was largely abused, surrendering 24.4 PPG last year (24th). It was torched for 40-plus points in five games, including three times in the final five games.

The truth is that the defense Tim Tebow played with last year in Denver was worse than almost all those Manning was paired with during his years in Indy.

• Manning's Colts gave up more yards than the 2011 Broncos only twice (1998, 2004)

• Manning's Colts gave up more points than the 2011 Broncos only twice (1998, 2011)

• Manning's Colts gave up a higher Defensive Passer Rating than the 2011 Broncos only once (1998)

Meanwhile, Manning played with four defenses in Indy that ranked in the top eight in scoring. Denver has fielded just three defenses ranked in the top eight in scoring since Manning was a rookie in 1998.

Manning will need a super-human 2004-type performance this year if the Broncos don't show some dramatic improvements on defense.

A good piece about the Broncos 'great defense'.

Thanks for posting this.

I think sometimes number lies. And while I will never say that Denver had great defense last year, it was not as bad as this makes it sound. It was our defense that kept us in the game until our opponents played prevent defense so #15 could do magic with his legs. There are a lot of things to fix of course like our run D (!), but I don't think "dreadful" is a fair label to put on them.

When spread out by good Qbs

Opponents ran up the middle forever if Denver went into pass coverage and if not when spread out good QBs seeing D in Run protection then threw , ala Brady 5 TDs fast in post season, thats why brought in CB porter , but still due to injuries poor depth and starting quality at Safety & LB & poor tackling and MLB Mays admits it afterr missing tackles both preaseon games , of runners after get by first line of Defense and so far shown in off-season ( will put Manning in same position as in Colts, teams playing keep ball out of peytons hands but now Peyton without his chemistry with familar recivers and no Jeff SAaturday directing OL can he score enopugh points

1 good draft pick for DL doesnt offset losing best DT in free agency unless Ty warren finally stays healthy and returns after a 2 year back to back injury missed season to his probowl or near probowl ability, plus most likely lost projected starteting DE Hunter for season from injury and may be put on IR

Manning's presence transforms Broncos' offense into a no-huddle

article details how until now Dnever not even with Elway was able to do the no huddle as a base offense, only in final 1 minute

Excerpts

------------------------------------------------------------

The no-huddle may be Peyton Manning's identity. It's just not something that has ever been associated with the Broncos.

"Well, it is now," Broncos defensive tackle Justin Bannan said. "You don't take away something from a guy who's smarter than everybody else."

The Broncos' offense of years past? John Elway would get the signal from the sideline, pigeon-toe his way to the huddle, call the play with those large, eager eyes, then his circle of Broncos would collectively clap their hands before sauntering to the line of scrimmage.

At the line, Jake Plummer would dig his hands in on center Tom Nalen, take the snap, and run three steps wide before handing off to Clinton Portis, Reuben Droughns or Mike Anderson while the offensive line moved in unison.

Kyle Orton would huddle 'em up, then sling from the shotgun.

Tim Tebow would huddle, because he had to draw it up in the dirt somewhere.

Manning joined the Broncos in March, so it's no longer odd watching him play quarterback for Denver's team. But it wasn't until the first half of the preseason game Saturday against the Seattle Seahawks that it really hit Sports Authority Field at Mile High: The Broncos are a no-huddle offense.

For clarity, every team runs the no-huddle in the final minutes of each half as a means to conserve time.

Elway was at his best with the final-minute no-huddle.

The 2012 Broncos with Manning, though, will often use the no-huddle as their base offense from start to finish

One of the hazards of the no-huddle is that a pass is more vulnerable to getting tipped at the line of scrimmage

But if Manning senses the defensive line is gassed and playing for the tip, he'll check to a power run play and let his blockers have fun.

A no-huddle offense in Denver? It came with the quarterback.

e:Manning's presence transforms Broncos' offense into a no-huddle - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...o#ixzz24Z889LCG

Broncos could decide to reduce Manning's playing time against 49ers

Maybe less, maybe more.Manning said the starters haven't been told how much they will play against the 49ers, but he hinted that because the Broncos regulars played longer than expected against the Seattle Seahawks last weekend, perhaps they wouldn't be in the game as much as previously planned.

re:Broncos could decide to reduce Manning's playing time against 49ers - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21387609/broncos-could-decide-reduce-mannings-playing-time-against#ixzz24ZB6ifIu

When spread out by good Qbs

Opponents ran up the middle forever if Denver went into pass coverage and if not when spread out good QBs seeing D in Run protection then threw , ala Brady 5 TDs fast in post season, thats why brought in CB porter , but still due to injuries poor depth and starting quality at Safety & LB & poor tackling and MLB Mays admits it afterr missing tackles both preaseon games , of runners after get by first line of Defense and so far shown in off-season ( will put Manning in same position as in Colts, teams playing keep ball out of peytons hands but now Peyton without his chemistry with familar recivers and no Jeff SAaturday directing OL can he score enopugh points

1 good draft pick for DL doesnt offset losing best DT in free agency unless Ty warren finally stays healthy and returns after a 2 year back to back injury missed season to his probowl or near probowl ability, plus most likely lost projected starteting DE Hunter for season from injury and may be put on IR

49ers-Broncos preseason game: Things Denver wants to see (and not see)

EXCERPTS

This totally supports the above comments, just a few of the things noted

---------------------------------------------------

The middle.The Broncos defense is coming off a preseason game filled with missed tackles from the starters on down last weekend when the Seahawks largely pounded the heart of the Broncos defense for much of the team's 228 yards rushing.

HOW the Broncos hold up in the middle of the field, especially when offenses go to three and four wide receivers to run the ball at the Broncos, is the biggest question mark on that side of the ball as the regular season approaches.

Broncos defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio likes to line up his defensive ends wide. That only works, however, if the tackles and the linebackers can get the work done in the space left behind.

---------------------

The Broncos receivers.Manning's arm has certainly been the talking point of the preseason, both near and far. The bigger issue for the Broncos' offense at the moment, however, has been the number of dropped passes in practice and in the preseason games

Thursday was a particularly drop-filled day at practice for the Broncos.

And while that's going to happen from time to time, it's closing in on a trend,

e:49ers-Broncos preseason game: Things Denver wants to see (and not see) - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...o#ixzz24ZHs7UCm

---------------------

The Broncos receivers.Manning's arm has certainly been the talking point of the preseason, both near and far. The bigger issue for the Broncos' offense at the moment, however, has been thenumber of dropped passes in practice and in the preseason games

Thursday was a particularly drop-filled day at practice for the Broncos.

And while that's going to happen from time to time, it's closing in on a trend,

e:49ers-Broncos preseason game: Things Denver wants to see (and not see) - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...o#ixzz24ZHs7UCm

Remember whe he ran Colts practice, balls didnt touch the ground they would say, this has to be as frustrating to him as G , Dm it Donald , Brown missing the blitz pick up

Broncos might not yet be settled on makeup of linebacking corps

Broncos' injury report. No position on the roster has been hit as hard as linebacker.

Rookie Danny Trevathan (ankle), Keith Brooking (hamstring), Mike Mohamed (hamstring) and Nate Irving (ribs) have all missed time with injuries during the preseason. Brooking has only practiced one full day since joining the team. Mohamed has not practiced this week.

For good measure, toss in D.J. Williams' impending six-game suspension for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing drugs. That suspension could be longer if the league decides to punish him for his recent DWAI conviction

also Jim Leonhard has only practice a bit this week

That means at no point in training camp or the preseason have the Broncos had their full allotment of players working through team drills at linebacker. Add it all up, and the Broncos will certainly be giving the waiver wire a long look at the position when cuts start to come around the league Aug. 27 and Aug. 31.

The biggest questions the Broncos have at the position concern Brooking and Williams. Brooking is not expected to play Sunday afternoon against the 49ers or in the preseason finale in Arizona just four days later.

When they signed the 36-year-old, the Broncos' plan was that he could be the solution at weakside linebacker on run downs during Williams' suspension. But hamstring injuries can be difficult to shake. The

It all makes for some difficult decisions. It means the 53 players on the Broncos roster on Sept. 1 may not be the 53 players on the roster for the Sept. 9 season opener, especially at linebacker.

-------------------------------

& then there are similar issues @ safety ( my insert )

e:Broncos might not yet be settled on makeup of linebacking corps - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...g#ixzz24Zk3dCd1

Peyton On if it will be easy to comeback

"I can probably give you a better answer at the end of the year," Manning said. "But in some ways it's almost disrespectful to the game to say you can not play for a year and come back and expect it to be easy. The NFL is supposed to be harder than that. It is harder than that."

Never mind the neck. How Manning plays in 2012 likely will have little to do with his neck injury that prevented him from taking a snap in 2011, or four surgeries, or a plate and screws and fused vertebras.

The NFL has the best football players in the world. Manning will be throwing against the fastest, most instinctive defensive backs on the planet. He will be attempting to complete a pass in the season opener Sept. 9 against Pittsburgh while LaMarr Woodley, a 265-pound linebacker who runs a 4.6-second 40, and James Harrison, who is 242 pounds of mean and nasty, are zeroing in on his sternum.

The difficulty with Manning's adjustment is in the speed and rhythm of a game played at the elite level by the greatest players.

"I'm not a guy who makes excuses," Manning said. "At the same time, I need help. Everybody's got to do their part. I'm going to try and do my part. I'm going to lean heavily on J.D. (Walton) and the guys up front. I'm leaning heavily on Willis (McGahee). This is a Broncos offense. I'm a new player here and getting some attention, but I see myself as just one of the 11 out there."

Manning not only are coming back from lost seasons, they have been relocated. When Brady returned in 2009, it was to the sophisticated New England passing attack he had long ago mastered.

An adjustment period

Manning spent 14 seasons with the Indianapolis Colts before signing with the Broncos in March. Even if Manning brought the passing, no-huddle portion of the Colts' offense to Denver, he still is trying to think along with new coaches, time his patterns with new receivers, figure out the best way to get home during rush hour.

"Some of the adjustments I'm going through, it's hard for me to say whether it's from having a year off or being on a new team," Manning said. "You are doubling up your variables."

re:Broncos' Peyton Manning and Ty Warren have company in trying to rebound from injury - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...l#ixzz24e8iL68P

PRESSURE

"End of the day, my contract really is only a one-year contract.

"That is the fact of the matter, so I think you do play with a sense of urgency," Manning told me off to the side Thursday after practice.

Although Manning signed a "five-year, $96 million deal" with the Broncos on March 20, just the first $18 million — for this season — actually is fully guaranteed.

If Peyton fails a neck examination after the season, the remainder of the contract could be voided. If he passes, Manning will be ensured $40 million the next two seasons. The remaining $38 mil for 2015 and 2016 (when he turns 40) is not guaranteed.

:Woody Paige: Peyton Manning not about to pass up a shot at super year - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_21401875/woody-paige-peyton-manning-not-about-pass-up#ixzz24eBHLgoZ

BRONCO CUTS

Xavier Omon, release Lonie Paxton in roster cuts

also Waived were receivers Cameron Kenney and Mark Dell, offensive linemen Mike Remmers and Austin Wuebbels, tight end Anthony Miller, cornerback Ramzee Robinson, linebacker Elliot Coffee, fullback Austin Sylvester, defensive end Cyril Obiozor, and former University of Colorado safety Anthony Perkins.

& Starter DE Hunter to IR

e:Denver Broncos waive Xavier Omon, release Lonie Paxton in roster cuts - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos.../#ixzz24mYT2wkZ

Thanks, Barry! Happy to have no big surprises here.

Thanks, Barry! Happy to have no big surprises here.

I changed link to give player details and also tells # of players left at each position

Four quarterbacks

Six running backs/fullbacks

Eight wide receivers

Five tight ends

13 offensive linemen

12 defensive linemen

10 linebackers

Seven cornerbacks

Seven safeties

One punter

One kicker

One long snapper

http://www.denverbro...30-5726cf826983

Not Veteran Long Snapper is a suprise and being replaced by a FA rookie

Paxton had been an NFL long snapper for 12 years, the first nine with the New England Patriots and the last three seasons with the Broncos.

He apparently will be replaced by Aaron Brewer, who the Broncos signed as a rookie free agent after the draft.

http://www.denverpos...os/ci_21410579/

Veteran long snapper Lonie Paxton was released while linebacker Elliot Coffey , wide receiver Mark Dell , wide receiverCameron Kenney , tight end Anthony Miller , defensive end Cyril Obiozor , running back Xavier Omon , safety Anthony Perkins , tackle Mike Remmers , cornerback Ramzee Robinson , fullbackAustin Sylvester and guard Austin Wuebbels were waived.

& Starter DE Hunter to IR

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Paxton-Released-Roster-Trimmed-to-75/2fbcdee7-a47c-4a81-b844-8475956c8505

Pure snapping skill?

Lonie Paxton put it back there as hard and accurately as any NFL long snapper of the past 12 years.

"If you asked any special teams coach to name their top three long snappers, Lonie would make all the lists," said Paul Sheehy, Paxton's Littleton-based agent.

Brewer has not yet honed his snapping skill to Paxton's caliber. But a long snapper is not defined by long snap alone.

But the Broncos wanted more athleticism and downfield coverage from that position and decided Aaron Brewer, an undrafted rookie from San Diego State, was their man.

Brewer had 15 special teams tackles in 50 games at San Diego State.

Paxton had

just five tackles in 49 games for the Broncos, including their playoff win against Pittsburgh last season.

:Denver Broncos waive Xavier Omon, release Lonie Paxton in roster cuts - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...n#ixzz24mj8Xpro

The biggest name in the AFC West to be cut so far is Denver Broncos long snapper Lonie Paxton.

John Fox explains snapper choice

He was considered one of the best in the NFL at his position and there were no indications he was in trouble. Paxton will be replaced by rookie free agent Aaron Brewer. In a conference call with media members Monday, Denver coach John Fox explained why the team chose Brewer over Paxton.

“He’s an exceptional athlete,”

. “A lot of times with a snapper one of the things you look at is the protection element. He is like a center on the offensive line. He picked that up very, very quickly. He’s very athletic so he’s a really good cover guy for a center. A lot of times, people on punt returns don't count that guy. We just felt great about his upside and his performance in the preseason games.”

http://espn.go.com/b...yESPNToday_Team

The biggest name in the AFC West to be cut so far is Denver Broncos long snapper Lonie Paxton.

John Fox explains snapper choice

He was considered one of the best in the NFL at his position and there were no indications he was in trouble. Paxton will be replaced by rookie free agent Aaron Brewer. In a conference call with media members Monday, Denver coach John Fox explained why the team chose Brewer over Paxton.

“He’s an exceptional athlete,”

. “A lot of times with a snapper one of the things you look at is the protection element. He is like a center on the offensive line. He picked that up very, very quickly. He’s very athletic so he’s a really good cover guy for a center. A lot of times, people on punt returns don't count that guy. We just felt great about his upside and his performance in the preseason games.”

http://espn.go.com/b...yESPNToday_Team

I wonder if this was a money decision. The Broncos will save around 900K this year from this move. We are thin in OL, DL, LB.

I wonder if this was a money decision. The Broncos will save around 900K this year from this move. We are thin in OL, DL, LB.

From 1 of the articles I posted above on the released / waived players , u have to read or skim these things NO

----------------------

Paxton was scheduled to make the veteran minimum salary of $925,000, so it doesn't appear to be a financial decision, although the Broncos did clear $1.29 million in salary cap room.

Brewer will make $390,000 this season. But a team that just spent $32.4 million in 2012 salaries on free agents Peyton Manning, Tracy Porter, Joel Dreessen, Jacob Tamme, Mike Adams and Andre Caldwell is unlikely to be overly motivated to save $535,000.

:Denver Broncos waive Xavier Omon, release Lonie Paxton in roster cuts - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...n#ixzz24rc7IUiq

SITE IS TAKING TO MUCH OF VALUABLE TIME , may have to slow or stop eventually , Barry

Linebackers Keith Brooking and Mike Mohamed both returned to practice Tuesday after missing at least a week each with hamstring injuries. Tuesday's practice marks the first time the linebacking corps has practiced at full strength since early in training camp.

e:Broncos near full strength for final week of preseason - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21418277/broncos-near-full-strength-final-week-preseason#ixzz24rywUYi9

Also posted in Peyton having arm troubles thread today in response to a comment if this sounds familiar

the Achilles heel as I see it is not the starters but lack of depth for game rotation and injuries

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is depth issue on d discussed

overall scouts and personnel executives around the league don't see regression after watching the Broncos in the preseason.

What they see, for the most part, is a team that has played dominant at times when its starters are against other people's starters in this preseason — the busted coverage on the Alex Smith-to-Vernon Davis touchdown Sunday not withstanding. But they also see a team that doesn't have much depth to work with at this point.

Where the Broncos' draft misses of some seasons gone by, particularly in 2009 and 2010, are most evident is in the overall strength of the depth chart.

It's going to take what John Elway has referred to as "stacking good draft after good draft."

That's where they are on defense. The shortcomings in the preseason are not related to scheme, they're related depth.

So, in the end, NFL people see a Broncos defense with big potential, particularly in the pass rush with Dumervil, Von Miller and rookie Derek Wolfe giving Jack Del Rio three major pieces to move around the field. That's something many teams don't have. They see a somewhat rejuvenated Champ Bailey after Manning's arrival and see speed overall.

They also see what you do, Dileep: a lack of depth. That lack will be an issue if the veterans don't hold up, permitting suspect tackling at times in the middle of the field to turn short gains into big plays.

IS MORE TO ARTICLE

re:Broncos defense rich in potential while somewhat wanting for depth - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...h#ixzz24vbesWOZ

The distance between potential and reality will be covered rapidly this season. The Broncos are going to know if their defense is what they hope it can be before they reach Halloween

. By the time the kids go out to trick or treat, the Broncos will already have faced Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub, Carson Palmer, Tom Brady, Philip Rivers and Drew Brees.

e:Broncos hope third guy is the charm in their pass rush - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz24vebSDyU

http://smartfootball...fense#more-3525

MAYBE IN WRONG TOPIC BUT

HAS A VIDEO OF PLAYS 28 minutes long and many diagrahms & long Comment / analysis

Peyton Manning (and Tom Moore)’s Indianapolis Colts Offense: How a Handful of Plays Built a Decade of Success | Smart Football

-- Shared using Google Toolbar

Stampede Blue COMMENT

Thankfully, SmartFootball.com and Grantland writer Chris Brown

Brown decided to write a thorough breakdown of just how beautifully simple, yet fundamentally complicated the Indianapolis Colts offense was during the time Peyton Manning was the quarterback and Tom Moore was the offensive coordinator.

The article is, in many ways, a love letter to an offensive system that, in many ways, rivaled the 49ers "West Coast offense" of the 1980s in terms of dominance.

http://smartfootball...fense#more-3525

MAYBE IN WRONG TOPIC BUT

HAS A VIDEO OF PLAYS 28 minutes long and many diagrahms & long Comment / analysis

Peyton Manning (and Tom Moore)’s Indianapolis Colts Offense: How a Handful of Plays Built a Decade of Success | Smart Football

-- Shared using Google Toolbar

Stampede Blue COMMENT

Thankfully, SmartFootball.com and Grantland writer Chris Brown

Brown decided to write a thorough breakdown of just how beautifully simple, yet fundamentally complicated the Indianapolis Colts offense was during the time Peyton Manning was the quarterback and Tom Moore was the offensive coordinator.

The article is, in many ways, a love letter to an offensive system that, in many ways, rivaled the 49ers "West Coast offense" of the 1980s in terms of dominance.

Great read. Thanks so much for finding this!

he just never had the defense to go with it, wish Colts current staff was it, nothing against Dungy but hated that Tampa 2 with the huge cushings we gave the WR's, Bend dont break just kept ball out of his hands, Man even Bears Tampa 2 at least knows how to utilize the DBs better, we all hated Tim Jennings huge Cushing he gave wr's yet he working well for bears after we casted him off, much of our staff stunk

Denver if not this year next must provide the depth teams need to stay competing and sched has to get easier I would imagine next year

Ps all my links to indy star video's are wasted as the star removed them after he was not signed

U can see this by going to my profile and clicking on many of the video and picture links and any from indy star no longer good

and I had many many more indy star video links saved on computer now worthless

---------------

I have thopusands of Pictures and many videos on computer in lpg, etc, but mo URLs from associated stories

I have thousands of Pictures and many videos on computer in jpg, etc, but no picture & few Video URLs from associated stories save in files that still work,

I am not individually uploading from various downloads as with disability it is tom much

anyway take care, glad u appreciate the article, to bad video is silent

ESPN analyst Jon Gruden says 8-8 realistic expectation for 2012 Broncos

point out that it could be a challenge for Manning to adjust to an offense without any of his Indianapolis security blankets: offensive coordinator Tom Moore and center Jeff Saturday among them.

“The men that trained him and helped develop him and put that offense in for him are no longer with him. I think he’s doing a lot of things on his own from installing the offense to calling the offense to executing the offense. He’s going to have to do it with a very short period of time and a lot of young players around him,” Gruden said.

“So I think it’s going to be a little bit more of a struggle than people remember. But I do think physically he’s back, he’s quick, he looks natural to me behind the center. I think a realistic expectation is 8‑8 if you ask me.”

http://blogs.denverp...-broncos/15235/

How good a coach is Fox really?

Nobody will ever compare him to Vince Lombardi.

At the top of his powers, Mike Shanahan was so far ahead of the curve in terms of game-scripting and offensive strategy he earned a reputation as mastermind.

Fox is known more for his friendly slaps on the back than his football innovation.

Fox is a good man with a hearty laugh and dawn-til-dusk work ethic. He is a plugger, not a genius. Fox is Wade Phillips, except with a significantly lower winning percentage in the pros.

e:Mark Kiszla: With Manning at helm, only Fox can be goat - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...t#ixzz25Iue7k8M