Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bronco Training Camp

Gavin

I had to laugh at ESPN drooling over the 4,000 fans at Bronco's training camp, as if it were impressive.

There were 13,609 at the Patriots' camp today .

(null)

haha Yeah, over 13,000 fans in Foxboro vs. over 4,000 in Denver...Talk about a drop in the bucket right? No comparison whatsoever.

Now, I have profound respect for both Manning and Brady, but NE clearly won the fan turnout contest today hands down. Absolutely right VL!!! Your Patriots are gonna have a Great Year IMO. Your only 3 AFC rivals will be the Ravens, the Chargers, & Houston.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha Yeah, over 13,000 fans in Foxboro vs. over 4,000 in Denver...Talk about a drop in the bucket right? No comparison whatsoever.

Now, I have profound respect for both Manning and Brady, but NE clearly won the fan turnout contest today hands down. Absolutely right VL!!! Your Patriots are gonna have a Great Year IMO. Your only 3 AFC rivals will be the Ravens, the Chargers, & Houston.

Uh, we be forgetting one huge major differnce between the two... someone wanna post up pictures of the practice venues??

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0727/bos_u_patriots1x_576.jpg

hi-res-149296029_crop_650x440.jpg?134334

Uh, we be forgetting one huge major differnce between the two... someone wanna post up pictures of the practice venues??

http://a.espncdn.com...riots1x_576.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherr....jpg?1343347935

Okay, point taken Mannings the man. Demographics, population density, and the size of practice venues really do matter. I yield. :whiteflag:

The size of a franchise's fan base has nothing to do with wins and loses though and that to me is all that really matters to me...Competitiveness on the field of play.

Okay, point taken Mannings the man. Demographics, population density, and the size of practice venues really do matter. I yield. :whiteflag:

The size of a franchise's fan base has nothing to do with wins and loses though and that to me is all that really matters to me...Competitiveness on the field of play.

;)

Read today that Manning us unable to throw a pass farther than 45 yards.

Even if it is true, how many QBs throw passes more than 45 yards more than a couple of times a game? Even in Peyton's prime years, he never connected on more than 2 per game for an entire season. Besides, if you connect on one of them when a team throws the kitchen sink blitz at you, that is good enough to back them off where they force good QBs to be patient and go underneath more often.

I can bet that the 10-30 yard passes will have a greater percentage of attempts and completions for every QB in the NFL than the 40+ range. Thus, the deep ball point is a moot point. You start at your 20, and two 30 yard passes or three 20 yard passes gets you to the red zone, that is what the best quick striking offenses in the league have been doing the last decade, IMO. The 10-30 yard range is the most important, IMO, regardless of whether it is Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers etc.

Even if it is true, how many QBs throw passes more than 45 yards more than a couple of times a game? Even in Peyton's prime years, he never connected on more than 2 per game for an entire season. Besides, if you connect on one of them when a team throws the kitchen sink blitz at you, that is good enough to back them off where they force good QBs to be patient and go underneath more often.

I can bet that the 10-30 yard passes will have a greater percentage of attempts and completions for every QB in the NFL than the 40+ range. Thus, the deep ball point is a moot point. You start at your 20, and two 30 yard passes or three 20 yard passes gets you to the red zone, that is what the best quick striking offenses in the league have been doing the last decade, IMO. The 10-30 yard range is the most important, IMO, regardless of whether it is Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers etc.

While I understand the sentiment, and agree with the logic, if he's unable to even throw 45yards, I would doubt his 35yarder is anything special, and his 25yarder may not have any zip on it....but in the end, we will all know the outcome once the games begin.

While I understand the sentiment, and agree with the logic, if he's unable to even throw 45yards, I would doubt his 35yarder is anything special, and his 25yarder may not have any zip on it....but in the end, we will all know the outcome once the games begin.

If any of the above were an issue he wouldn't have signed a contract paying him 18 million dollars. End of story.

If any of the above were an issue he wouldn't have signed a contract paying him 18 million dollars. End of story.

As I said we will all see when the games begin. I doubt that's the case though (not throwing 45yds), surely he can right?

But the other side to the coin would be if he was 100% healthy he would still be in Indy....

We've got about a month until we all know.

As I said we will all see when the games begin. I doubt that's the case though (not throwing 45yds), surely he can right?

But the other side to the coin would be if he was 100% healthy he would still be in Indy....

We've got about a month until we all know.

Well the Bostonian hasn't provided a link to his claim. So take it for what its worth. A team isn't going to pay ANY QB that type of money if that claim were true.

I'm not no sure about that. I believe he's been healthy enough to play for the past 6 months. 100% of what? 1998? 2005? 2010? Manning will never admit to being 100%, because he's always going to be working to get better. This was the way it was pre-injury and will be that way till he hangs them up.

If Irsay wanted Manning to be here, he would be.

I've read extensively about the Broncos since Peyton sgined on, and I've never heard about the 45-yard limitation. Peyton himself says he is not 100% yet, so that may or may not be true, but I'm not concerned. He looks great as far as I can see.

I have been getting really excited about this team but the excitement was elevated a notch when Von Miller said that the team was feeling it (winning SB) instead of just saying it. Tom Jackson said that the team hadn't felt that since 1997/8. What Peyton means for this team already is amazing.

Here is John Elway talking about Peyton/team if anyone is intereseted.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/46111/video-elway-talks-peyton-broncos

I've read extensively about the Broncos since Peyton sgined on, and I've never heard about the 45-yard limitation. Peyton himself says he is not 100% yet, so that may or may not be true, but I'm not concerned. He looks great as far as I can see.

I have been getting really excited about this team but the excitement was elevated a notch when Von Miller said that the team was feeling it (winning SB) instead of just saying it. Tom Jackson said that the team hadn't felt that since 1997/8. What Peyton means for this team already is amazing.

Here is John Elway talking about Peyton/team if anyone is intereseted.

http://espn.go.com/b...-peyton-broncos

Thank you so much for posting this link BayAreaBronco. What I learned from it:

1. Owner Pat Bowlen has won Championships, wants to win more, & he is willing to spend more money to get his players & staff the best opportunity to do so.

2. The Broncos organization wouldn't have offered Peyton such a lucrative contract to sign if they had any reservations or misgivings at all. Every stone was flipped over here.

3. Peyton instills experience and quiet confidence in the huddle. #18 has been to the Big Dance twice. He's been there, done it, & he knows what's required to hoist the VLT once again.

http://a.espncdn.com...riots1x_576.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherr....jpg?1343347935

Not to mention the fact that there are probably a lot more people living within 50 miles of Boston as there are in the entire state of Colorado.

I've gotten the impression that relative to size, Denver has one of the largest and most passionate fan bases in the country. The atmosphere in the stadium has been listed by Peyton as one of the reasons he chose them.

VL,

In the interest of full disclosure, I will admit that Peyton may never retain his full arm strength and every INDY & Broncos fan will certainly be on pins and needles regarding #18's first blindside hit. However, Peyton at 75-80% strength can still win Playoff games and I always like a welcome back to the NFL Yoda moment to literally knock the rust off anyway. Clean hits and endurance are more of a concern to me than Peyton's neck or arm strength personally. But, it is accurate to say that aside from Denver's team medical staff no one outside that small circle of experts really has any idea where Manning is at recovery wise and just what his honest plateau will truly be. I agree.

VL,

In the interest of full disclosure, I will admit that Peyton may never retain his full arm strength and every INDY & Broncos fan will certainly be on pins and needles regarding #18's first blindside hit. However, Peyton at 75-80% strength can still win Playoff games and I always like a welcome back to the NFL Yoda moment to literally knock the rust off anyway. Clean hits and endurance are more of a concern to me than Peyton's neck or arm strength personally. But, it is accurate to say that aside from Denver's team medical staff no one outside that small circle of experts really has any idea where Manning is at recovery wise and just what his honest plateau will truly be. I agree.

I don't like putting firm percentages on it, but I prefer to think of the worst case scenario as Peyton being "reduced" to the level of a Joe Montana in his prime. :D Nothing wrong with that - it's the brain that counts. He just needs a coaching staff that will mold the system around him. I think he has one.

Yeah, we will know in a month.

What I do know from confirmed links is that Peyton did both these throws that most QBs are evaluated on as difficult throws - the zip on the 20-25 yard comeback route on the outside to the natural side of the QB, and the zip on the 20 yard throw across the body to the unnatural side of the QB. Peyton made one to Decker on the right, and across the body to Demaryius Thomas on the left, both with ease, according to reports. Ironically, the guy who caught the most TDs in TC practice was the one in the slot - Andre Caldwell that they picked up from the Bengals. Peyton has a habit of rewarding his slot guys as much as (or more than) putting them in harm's way ( :)). Caldwell is a guy I am having my eye on for the FF draft, will watch the pre-season for that. Stokely, Clark, Collie - they took their share of licks but had very solid production as well.

Oh well, this might put it to rest:

http://forums.footba...

Peyton Manning – Had to move inside to the practice bubble because of the lightning, and Manning put on a show. Any questions about his arm strength were squelched (again) when he overthrew Jason Hill on a ‘9’ route down the left sideline. He is able to get the defense to jump offsides with his commanding cadence, and did a nice job adjusting to what he saw pre-snap. Executed a picture perfect play action pass to Eric Decker. Pass sailed about 45-yards and split two defenders for the TD. Manning’s window was less than the size of a basketball hoop but he put it right in Decker’s hands, splitting Tracy Porter and Quinton Carter. Plenty of zip on his passes to Demaryius Thomas all over the field. Fantastic day from Manning, Thomas, and Decker.

Just passing info along. :)

Apparently, Day 3 was a Manning-Decker show :)

http://broncotalk.ne...to-decker-show/

Do you believe everything you read?

Well, considering that my source knows more about NFL football than most people I know, yep, I do. Now, I have asked him to provide some source info, so I'm waiting on that; he said that it was based on Twitter info from Broncos' reporters.

Once I get the link, I'll post it.

Well, considering that my source knows more about NFL football than most people I know, yep, I do. Now, I have asked him to provide some source info, so I'm waiting on that; he said that it was based on Twitter info from Broncos' reporters.

So your "inside" source gets his info from twitter.. Man, he is a real insider.. I mean it's not like just ANYONE can get info from twitter

Quiet Please... Perfectionist at work:

QB watch:

Peyton Manning:True story. As the four quarterbacks worked alone on the field away from the fans, a kid ballboy was used as a dummy pass rusher. As the kid lined up in the right defensive end position, Manning from the shotgun waved to the kid to move over. ... No, a little more. ... A little more. ... Good.

Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content:

http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

I wonder if his name is Mike Klis...

So your "inside" source gets his info from twitter.. Man, he is a real insider.. I mean it's not like just ANYONE can get info from twitter

Where did I say he was an "inside" source?

Making things up, are we? Or just reading comprehension issues?

Where did I say he was an "inside" source?

Making things up, are we? Or just reading comprehension issues?

Well in my opinion if it was on Twitter by anyone I would take it with a grain of salt. Twitter has not always been a reliable source even if they say they are a Bronco Reporter anyone can say that. :D

Hogwash

He may not have thrown a pass farther than 45 yards.

He may be operating within a certain prescribed set of limitations per training personnel orders.......or he may have just not thrown a pass farther than 45 yards.

The suggestion that he is "unable" seems added on for dramatic effect.

Hogwash

He may be operating within a certain prescribed set of limitations per training personnel orders.......or he may have just not thrown a pass farther than 45 yards.

I agree with this skunky fella......hogwash! I saw one of the practices he threw one between two defenders 45 yards.....quite frankly since number 18 readily admits he is still in rehab mode it would be 'crazy' to try and throw one 60 yards.

Hogwash

Amen. ~ and Welcome Back. We've missed you.. :)

I agree with this skunky fella......hogwash! I saw one of the practices he threw one between two defenders 45 yards.....quite frankly since number 18 readily admits he is still in rehab mode it would be 'crazy' to try and throw one 60 yards.

Yep. The fella (PM) is under such scrutiny that if he is caught burping, it must be an excessive gas build up in his throwing shoulder.