Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bronco Training Camp

Gavin

Amen. ~ and Welcome Back. We've missed you.. :)

Thank you Gramz. It's nice to be back. I've been meaning to post for the last few weeks and just didn't get around to it. I'll be camping here until January. Setting up my blue and white tent as we speak.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. The fella (PM) is under such scrutiny that if he is caught burping, it must be an excessive gas build up in his throwing shoulder.

We had enough of 'said gas build-up' with Larry Coyer eating chili dogs from the booth last year.....welcome back ruk!!

Thank you Gramz. It's nice to be back. I've been meaning to post for the last few weeks and just didn't get around to it. I'll be camping here until January. Setting up my blue and white tent as we speak.

Glad to see you friend. I missed you. :hug: Ask Gramz if she will loan you the Peyton Quilt she is making for your camping out . :highfive: Bet I get a reply from Gramz on this one. haha

From Monday Morning QB:

Saturday: Denver (Englewood, Colo., Broncos training facility)

Peyton Manning has six weeks to feel better.

Manning can hear what people are saying about him and read what writers are writing about him. Peyton's back to normal. Look at him throw. Look at his command of the Denver offense. He's back.

"I hate it,'' Manning said.

Because he's not. He's not all the way back.

Manning doesn't feel like he's near 100 percent yet. It's not his neck, which has undergone four procedures in the past two years, including the major surgery 11 months ago that caused him to miss the 2011 season. It's simply the regeneration of the nerve that affects his arm strength, particularly the area around the shoulder.

He's throwing the ball fine, and by that I mean if you watch a complete practice, you don't find yourself wondering why Manning is babying his throws, because he's not. He's just not ripping them. He's as accurate as ever, and it may be that this will carry him in 2012. As one former coach of Manning's told me over the weekend (not Tony Dungy), "If I were a Denver fan, I wouldn't be worried about Peyton physically, because if he can't zing the ball the way he used to, he'll figure out a way. He always does.''

(It's strange how we've already fast-forwarded past the weirdness of seeing Manning wearing another uniform, another helmet. After practice Saturday, he signed a load of autographs, a few of them for people wearing Manning Colts jerseys. To one such guy, Manning said, "Colts fan or Broncos fan?'' The guy said, "I'm a fan of yours.'' The fans came out in record Denver numbers for the first three days of practice, almost rubbing their eyes when the players came out from the locker room. Like, It's him. He's really here. Then he got to work, and it was just football, only with one of the greatest quarterbacks ever out on the field, with another all-time great, John Elway, the man who brought Manning here, watching in shades and shorts on the sideline. It's going to take some getting used to.)

As I watched Manning's first padded practice in 19 months on a sun-splashed field, I saw him throw efficiently and accurately. His best throw of the day, on a double-move by Eric Decker against Champ Bailey, was exactly the kind of precision intermediate throw Tim Tebow wouldn't have made. It had to fit in a tiny window around Decker's hip, and it did, and Decker ran for what would have been a long touchdown.

Suppose this is what Manning is -- his same accurate self, without the penchant for throwing deep very much, but only to keep the defense honest and to keep Demaryius Thomas happy. Will it work, as the former coach said? Decker's a potential star trolling the middle, sure to be among the league leaders in receptions if healthy for 16 games. Denver has added two young tight ends with good hands, Jacob Tamme and Joel Dreessen; Manning completed 67 balls to Tamme in his last healthy season, 2010. You can't count on 36-year-old Brandon Stokley to stay healthy, and it's no sure thing he'll even make the team. But if Stokley stays upright this summer and makes the team, Manning would have the wideout he calls the best slot wide receiver he's ever played with back as a security blanket. (It's a mistake to count on the brittle Stokley, however. I'm just raising the possibility that he could be a valuable piece for Manning.)

Theoretically, if Manning throws fewer balls downfield, his completion percentage will rise slightly, and his yards per attempt will fall, perhaps significantly. Before sitting last season, he'd had nine straight seasons of completing 65 percent of his throws or better. And only twice has he had seasons below 7.0 yards per attempt; last year, 17 passers were under 7.0, including three who made the playoffs. So if Manning completes 69 percent with seven yards per attempt, would that suit Denver? In a heartbeat. It'd suit most any team in the league, except perhaps for the explosive Saints or Packers.

Point is, I think if Manning has to become a chain-mover (which he's always been to a degree), he can do it. And he won't fight it, he'll adapt.

"Where I'll be, percentage-wise, I don't know,'' Manning told me. "I don't know if I'll feel the way I've always felt again. Everybody wonders, 'Can he get back to where he was?' That bar was set pretty high. Now, my goal is to feel as good as I possibly can -- right now.''

At his camp for college players this summer, he and brother Eli demonstrated the NFL route tree for the campers, all good throwers and some of them good prospects. When he got to a deep sideline throw, instead of patting the ball a couple extra times and letting a 65-yard bomb go, he threw it a little earlier, and it was on target, but not as far. Meanwhile a college player bombed away right after him, throwing the same route 15 or 20 yards farther. Manning wasn't offended. His ego wasn't punctured. It's just the way it is. And that could be an accurate metaphor for the 2012 Broncos.

I think the way it is might not be as electric, but I think it's going to be good enough for Denver to get its $18 million worth.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/07/29/mmqb/index.html#ixzz228BDAoCH

I have a question for 2 NE Patriots friends of mine on this site that I enjoy reading here frequently named GoPats and ViriLudant:

How good is Matt Cassel as a QB? Where would you 2 put his football I.Q. on a scale of 1-10? Would you say Cassel's success when Brady was out due to a knee injury in 2008 was a product of the system, Bill Belicheck, or Cassel's intellect and ability to adapt and learn on the fly? In your mind, can he lead the Chiefs to a division title under Coach Romeo Crennel? I value both your opinions on the Cassel question tremendously. What is your 1st hand assessment of Cassel as a field general overall since you both saw him up close in Foxboro? Is Cassel a legitimate starter in your eyes? Yes or No and why?

Thanks GoPats and ViriLudant I really appreciate your feedback.

Minor mistake and glaring oversight on the Matt Cassel question. In addition to GoPats and ViriLudant, I forgot to seek the wisdom of Yehoodi on this matter. Sorry about that Yehoodi. I enjoy your informative posts as well and I value your insights a great deal as well my friend.

So Yehoodi, How good is Matt Cassel as a QB in your eyes and why?

From Monday Morning QB:

Saturday: Denver (Englewood, Colo., Broncos training facility)

Peyton Manning has six weeks to feel better.

Manning can hear what people are saying about him and read what writers are writing about him. Peyton's back to normal. Look at him throw. Look at his command of the Denver offense. He's back.

"I hate it,'' Manning said.

Because he's not. He's not all the way back.

Manning doesn't feel like he's near 100 percent yet. It's not his neck, which has undergone four procedures in the past two years, including the major surgery 11 months ago that caused him to miss the 2011 season. It's simply the regeneration of the nerve that affects his arm strength, particularly the area around the shoulder.

He's throwing the ball fine, and by that I mean if you watch a complete practice, you don't find yourself wondering why Manning is babying his throws, because he's not. He's just not ripping them. He's as accurate as ever, and it may be that this will carry him in 2012. As one former coach of Manning's told me over the weekend (not Tony Dungy), "If I were a Denver fan, I wouldn't be worried about Peyton physically, because if he can't zing the ball the way he used to, he'll figure out a way. He always does.''

(It's strange how we've already fast-forwarded past the weirdness of seeing Manning wearing another uniform, another helmet. After practice Saturday, he signed a load of autographs, a few of them for people wearing Manning Colts jerseys. To one such guy, Manning said, "Colts fan or Broncos fan?'' The guy said, "I'm a fan of yours.'' The fans came out in record Denver numbers for the first three days of practice, almost rubbing their eyes when the players came out from the locker room. Like, It's him. He's really here. Then he got to work, and it was just football, only with one of the greatest quarterbacks ever out on the field, with another all-time great, John Elway, the man who brought Manning here, watching in shades and shorts on the sideline. It's going to take some getting used to.)

As I watched Manning's first padded practice in 19 months on a sun-splashed field, I saw him throw efficiently and accurately. His best throw of the day, on a double-move by Eric Decker against Champ Bailey, was exactly the kind of precision intermediate throw Tim Tebow wouldn't have made. It had to fit in a tiny window around Decker's hip, and it did, and Decker ran for what would have been a long touchdown.

Suppose this is what Manning is -- his same accurate self, without the penchant for throwing deep very much, but only to keep the defense honest and to keep Demaryius Thomas happy. Will it work, as the former coach said? Decker's a potential star trolling the middle, sure to be among the league leaders in receptions if healthy for 16 games. Denver has added two young tight ends with good hands, Jacob Tamme and Joel Dreessen; Manning completed 67 balls to Tamme in his last healthy season, 2010. You can't count on 36-year-old Brandon Stokley to stay healthy, and it's no sure thing he'll even make the team. But if Stokley stays upright this summer and makes the team, Manning would have the wideout he calls the best slot wide receiver he's ever played with back as a security blanket. (It's a mistake to count on the brittle Stokley, however. I'm just raising the possibility that he could be a valuable piece for Manning.)

Theoretically, if Manning throws fewer balls downfield, his completion percentage will rise slightly, and his yards per attempt will fall, perhaps significantly. Before sitting last season, he'd had nine straight seasons of completing 65 percent of his throws or better. And only twice has he had seasons below 7.0 yards per attempt; last year, 17 passers were under 7.0, including three who made the playoffs. So if Manning completes 69 percent with seven yards per attempt, would that suit Denver? In a heartbeat. It'd suit most any team in the league, except perhaps for the explosive Saints or Packers.

Point is, I think if Manning has to become a chain-mover (which he's always been to a degree), he can do it. And he won't fight it, he'll adapt.

"Where I'll be, percentage-wise, I don't know,'' Manning told me. "I don't know if I'll feel the way I've always felt again. Everybody wonders, 'Can he get back to where he was?' That bar was set pretty high. Now, my goal is to feel as good as I possibly can -- right now.''

At his camp for college players this summer, he and brother Eli demonstrated the NFL route tree for the campers, all good throwers and some of them good prospects. When he got to a deep sideline throw, instead of patting the ball a couple extra times and letting a 65-yard bomb go, he threw it a little earlier, and it was on target, but not as far. Meanwhile a college player bombed away right after him, throwing the same route 15 or 20 yards farther. Manning wasn't offended. His ego wasn't punctured. It's just the way it is. And that could be an accurate metaphor for the 2012 Broncos.

I think the way it is might not be as electric, but I think it's going to be good enough for Denver to get its $18 million worth.

Read more: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz228BDAoCH

I always remember what HOF Coach of the Washington Redskins Joe Gibbs said, "Evolve and learn to adapt or you will die and not last long in the NFL." Peyton Manning will do just that. Adapt and win. He has never known any other method of execution.

I always remember what HOF Coach of the Washington Redskins Joe Gibbs said, "Evolve and learn to adapt or you will die and not last long in the NFL." Peyton Manning will do just that. Adapt and win. He has never known any other method of execution.

Definitely true. The funny thing is, (aside from some audacious reporters assigning % of someone else's health) nobody seems to notice that he is not 100%. Mike McCoy said he looked good on the first day of OTA.

Definitely true. The funny thing is, (aside from some audacious reporters assigning % of someone else's health) nobody seems to notice that he is not 100%. Mike McCoy said he looked good on the first day of OTA.

As has been said before I'm sure.....85% of Manning is like 210% of most other NFL QB's

There's that clever wit again. Welcome back ruksak! Nice to see a triumphant return.

After a long absence, it's all about the entrance back into the fold isn't it? haha:thmup:

I'm steppin back into the fray with my smart mouth fully flappin.

There's that clever wit again. Welcome back ruksak! Nice to see a triumphant return.

After a long absence, it's all about the entrance back into the fold isn't it? haha:thmup:

Just like number 18's triumphant return!!!!! The maestro of the line of scrimmage is back!

Indeed whether it be a checkered flag or a checkered past! :)

HEY....I got both of those things. The checkered flag I have somewhere....not sure, maybe in a box in the garage from some Indy 500 party years ago. But the checkered past....yea I got one of those.

HEY....I got both of those things. The checkered flag I have somewhere....not sure, maybe in a box in the garage from some Indy 500 party years ago. But the checkered past....yea I got one of those.

No worries ruksak. I don't like squeaky clean friends anyway. Rebels are much more fun to chill and hang out with. Besides, I suck at playing Chinese checkers anyway. haha:thmup:

haha Yeah, over 13,000 fans in Foxboro vs. over 4,000 in Denver...Talk about a drop in the bucket right? No comparison whatsoever.

Now, I have profound respect for both Manning and Brady, but NE clearly won the fan turnout contest today hands down. Absolutely right VL!!! Your Patriots are gonna have a Great Year IMO. Your only 3 AFC rivals will be the Ravens, the Chargers, & Houston.

does anyone care how many people attend training camp?

The hole in the report thats given here is that Manning didnt throw bullets in 2010 or 2009....

they are comparing him to the Peyton Manning of 2002....Peyton is a dart thrower now but he has been for a few years

he's not going to throw the ball 70 yards down the field.

when they talk 100%..the question is: 100% of what?

Task: 60 yards, 70 seconds, seven points.

That was the situation the Broncos gave quarterback Peyton Manning. Move down the field 60 yards, score a touchdown in under 1:10, or lose the game. It was Manning’s first chance in training camp to execute his legendary two-minute drill.

Just like riding a bike

http://broncotalk.net/2012/08/39480/broncos-blog/denver-broncos-training-camp-2012-the-peyton-manning-two-minute-drill/

2nd and Goal – Manning hits Stokley with less than seven seconds remaining, and that’s all she wrote. Bring on Matt Prater for the game-winning extra point.

Complete. Touchdown.

I wish the Colts had a website like that.

That was the situation the Broncos gave quarterback Peyton Manning. Move down the field 60 yards, score a touchdown in under 1:10, or lose the game. It was Manning’s first chance in training camp to execute his legendary two-minute drill.

Just like riding a bike

http://broncotalk.ne...o-minute-drill/

2nd and Goal – Manning hits Stokley with less than seven seconds remaining, and that’s all she wrote. Bring on Matt Prater for the game-winning extra point.

Complete. Touchdown.

I feel sorry for the Bronco's opponents. Get to the 40...Prater hits rockets....I neglected that in my thought process! "Darn I love the Colts........darn* I miss 18...Loved living 1998 again yesterday! Not kidding....loved seeing training camp.

Just like riding a bike

Complete. Touchdown.

Oh my god. I need a cigarette.

Yoda AKA Peyton Manning will be the 1st QB in NFL history to win 2 SuperBowls with 2 different franchises. I can feel it down to my bones. Denver is a great city and a great franchise and I'm just glad that Peyton has the pieces in place to pull off another Lombardi victory or two. Great point BayAreaBronco!!!

Yoda was't what Willis McGahee called him , but Denver cousin of mine sent me these links / comment & thought of u & yoda

U MAY HAVE TO COPY & PASTE THE LINKS Pending Your Browser

In a radio interview, Denver running back Willis McGahee called his new quarterback, Peyton Manning, a “guru.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/46278/afc-west-notes-85&ex_cid=MyESPNToday_Team

What have you learned about Peyton Manning that you didn’t know before?

“He’s a guru. We knew he was very smart and intelligent,

but he’s a guy you can sit back and be like god d***! Is he really doing this? Like I said just like your first day of geometry class and you’d be like alright, alright I gotta start over and learn this. Really back then you just learn your position, but now with him it changes certain things. You have to know what this guy is supposed to do and the roles switch and things like that.”

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2012/08/01/willis-mcgahee-peyton-manning-denver-broncos-training-camp/

Radio Link ( Note I haven't listened to it, no time )

http://stationcaster.com/stations/kxdp/media/mpeg/Willis_McGahee_with_CJ___Kreckman-1343693535.mp3

Just like riding a bike

Complete. Touchdown.

What I like if one reads the page link u provided on that drive

4th and 10 - This is it. Go big or go home. Manning and company did the former, as #18 delivered a beautiful deep ball to Brandon Stokley, who caught it down the right seam just as he was tackled but held on. It was a mightily impressive 26-yard gain, moving the chains.

It was easily the play of practice, as safety Mike Adams relented.

“Impressive,” Adams said. “Peyton, he gets the offense going, and once he gets it going, you don’t have time to make that call and there’s a problem.”

The Broncos had life, but the four plays had sucked up half the remaining game clock. They now had less than 35 seconds to move 34 yards. Completion, 26 yards. First down.

This is cute:

PEYTON THE PRANKSTER

In between drills, Manning grabbed two water bottles to bring to the crowd. Little did the fans know, he loosened up the cap on one of them.

So he threw one bottle to a young fan and demonstrated that he should tilt his head all the way back and take a sip. He did, the crowd cheered, and the fan threw the bottle back. Then Peyton handed the rigged bottle to another young fan — and he got doused.

Andrew, 11, laughed right away.

“That was fun,” he smiled. “It was refreshing.”

“I’ll remember that until I’m 78.”

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/training-camp-2012-day-eight-a-m/

This is cute:

PEYTON THE PRANKSTER

In between drills, Manning grabbed two water bottles to bring to the crowd. Little did the fans know, he loosened up the cap on one of them.

So he threw one bottle to a young fan and demonstrated that he should tilt his head all the way back and take a sip. He did, the crowd cheered, and the fan threw the bottle back. Then Peyton handed the rigged bottle to another young fan — and he got doused.

http://blog.denverbr...-day-eight-a-m/

haha nice.

I guess the fan must not have seen the welker prank at the pro bowl by peyton.

I wish we could find the highlight of Bill Polian's golf cart out in the middle of a Rose Hulman lake......that would be priceless. Bill said he knew "immediately" who the culprit was....."NUMBER 18....PEYTON MANNING!" grumbled Polian white chuckling on NFL Live.

This is cute:

PEYTON THE PRANKSTER

http://blog.denverbr...-day-eight-a-m/

Ironically enough, Peyton chooses to pick on the kid named...Hahaha jk. Completely unintentional.