Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bronco Training Camp

Gavin

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look's like Peyton's arm is still attached. He looks good

This seriously had me laughing Fish. Thanks! I needed that!

And as far as Bronco training camp, now the Denver O is going to see just what makes Peyton an awesome QB and leader. He's not called the field general for no reason!

This seriously had me laughing Fish. Thanks! I needed that!

And as far as Bronco training camp, now the Denver O is going to see just what makes Peyton an awesome QB and leader. He's not called the field general for no reason!

I saw that too, CP-11

If all those Denver people came to see Peyton, they all got to see him because the backups dont get many snaps...

There was one play wher he faked a couple of passe and ran for about 10 yards and everybody started laughing..

I guess that's not in the playbook..

'yay, Peyton's back! So nice to see!' To.. 'bandwagon fans'?

I highly doubt anyone from Indy is in Colorado rooting for Peyton at training camp. Those that are there are Broncos fans supporting their new QB, Peyton. I fail to see why that seems to be an issue with some. What? They arent allowed to support him because alot of colts fans dont want to here anything positive about Peyton? Ie: some wonderful 'fan' mail i have received lately.

BTW, it looked like the backups were getting plenty of reps.

'yay, Peyton's back! So nice to see!' To.. 'bandwagon fans'?

I highly doubt anyone from Indy is in Colorado rooting for Peyton at training camp. Those that are there are Broncos fans supporting their new QB, Peyton. I fail to see why that seems to be an issue with some. What? They arent allowed to support him because alot of colts fans dont want to here anything positive about Peyton? Ie: some wonderful 'fan' mail i have received lately.

BTW, it looked like the backups were getting plenty of reps.

really? I havent watcehd the lats hour biut Peyton was out there the whole 1st hour..every sanp

Its his way..

I guess you could say Denver fans are geting on the Peyton bandwagon but they probably see it as JohnElway reincarnated.

Imagine you rooted for Elway when you were a kid.....and then he retirted and you were force-fed a steady oatmeal diet of Ortons, Cutlers and Tebows..

...Now you have some 'steak' again.....someone worthy of playing, what in your mind is, Elway's position...

really? I havent watcehd the lats hour biut Peyton was out there the whole 1st hour..every sanp

Its his way..

I guess you could say Denver fans are geting on the Peyton bandwagon but they probably see it as JohnElway reincarnated.

Imagine you rooted for Elway when you were a kid.....and then he retirted and you were force-fed a steady oatmeal diet of Ortons, Cutlers and Tebows..

...Now you have some 'steak' again.....someone worthy of playing, what in your mind is, Elway's position...

Yeah, it's been such a long time since Elway. So nice to see someone I trust fully at the helm. We've had a couple of decent ones in the middle (Plummer and Cutler) that I could have lived with, but this is the first time we get to see a true master at work in my recent memory, and having seen some real horribleness last year, I'm relieved and stoked.

Yeah, it's been such a long time since Elway. So nice to see someone I trust fully at the helm. We've had a couple of decent ones in the middle (Plummer and Cutler) that I could have lived with, but this is the first time we get to see a true master at work in my recent memory, and having seen some real horribleness last year, I'm relieved and stoked.

I'm sure you know this, but hang on to your hat because you're in for a treat :) Peyton at the helm is just awesome to watch!

I've said it on here before, but I'm gonna say it again. John Elway is the reason that I fell in love with the NFL. He's the reason I am an avid fan of the sport altogether. As a 8,9,10 yr old kid I sat and watched him play on Sundays. And I will never forget when he won his first SB. Now THAT was a moment! ...anyways, I digress! It's been a while since you've had greatness at your helm, and while I like Elway (and he is still one of my favs), you haven't seen the likes of Peyton. I've never seen anyone that is such a student of the game. Both great QBs, just different styles of play and different kinds of greatness.

Gear up, you quite possibly could have a very important trophy in your future... :)

I'm sure you know this, but hang on to your hat because you're in for a treat :) Peyton at the helm is just awesome to watch!

I've said it on here before, but I'm gonna say it again. John Elway is the reason that I fell in love with the NFL. He's the reason I am an avid fan of the sport altogether. As a 8,9,10 yr old kid I sat and watched him play on Sundays. And I will never forget when he won his first SB. Now THAT was a moment! ...anyways, I digress! It's been a while since you've had greatness at your helm, and while I like Elway (and he is still one of my favs), you haven't seen the likes of Peyton. I've never seen anyone that is such a student of the game. Both great QBs, just different styles of play and different kinds of greatness.

Gear up, you quite possibly could have a very important trophy in your future... :)

Oh my god, you are so firing me up! LOL.

I feel like Elway did it with phenomenal athleticism but Peyton will do it with his mind. I'm oversimplifying of course.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy Elway. Sadly, I took him for granted. I didn't know better back then.

I saw that too, CP-11

If all those Denver people came to see Peyton, they all got to see him because the backups dont get many snaps...

There was one play wher he faked a couple of passe and ran for about 10 yards and everybody started laughing..

I'm not sure if the play you are talking about is the one in this video, but when he doesn't throw , he gets a rise out of the crowd.

http://photos.denver...s-training-camp

I feel like Elway did it with phenomenal athleticism but Peyton will do it with his mind. I'm oversimplifying of course.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy Elway. Sadly, I took him for granted. I didn't know better back then.

haha!! You should be fired up ;)

I saw that too, CP-11

Apparently, the previous Dove Valley record was 3,103 set in 2010. So an increase of more than 1,200 people. I'd say they are there for Peyton.

I forgot jake Plummer...he wanst bad.

\

..but he was in a tough spot coming so soon after John E.

People keep saying...wait for him to take a hit.

Guys//he doenst take many hits......It may be September before he takes a real solid hit

Three generations in my living room watching the "MAN" this afternoon. Me, my son, and grandson. My grandson (who is 9) says to me "Gram, I still can't get used to him not being in a Colts Uniform" I know, Tanner, me neither. :(

It was bittersweet but FUN to watch him today.

Three generations in my living room watching the "MAN" this afternoon. Me, my son, and grandson. My grandson (who is 9) says to me "Gram, I still can't get used to him not being in a Colts Uniform" I know, Tanner, me neither. :(

It was bittersweet but FUN to watch him today.

Definitely bittersweet to see our man in a different uniform. Hits me hard everytime, but the thing that gets me through (and might help Tanner) is to remember that he's just on loan to the Broncos for a while cause he's forever ours :)

Definitely bittersweet to see our man in a different uniform. Hits me hard everytime, but the thing that gets me through (and might help Tanner) is to remember that he's just on loan to the Broncos for a while cause he's forever ours :)

I really understand that. But maybe it's helpful to think this way: he is now appreciated by more people. I tell you, Denver fans are really enjoying Peyton. I get sympathetic joy out of that, not just my own joy. More people get to see what an awesome player/person he is than before. It's good for everyone.

There is only one #18. There is only one line of scrimmage Yoda. There is only one sheriff and 2 minute drill surgical master and his name is Peyton Manning.

Take care of him Denver...INDY will always cherish him and we will all celebrate his GREATNESS when the Tennessee college alumni hangs up his NFL pads and cleats for good.

Actually Peyton had to call the former Denver player & ask if he could wear # 18 as the Broncos had retired it several yrs ago.

No that is not exactly accurate. The question was broached to Tripuka when Manning was meeting with the Broncos and he wanted Manning to wear. While Manning spoke to Tripuka about it, it wasn't like Manning was asking for the favor.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/3/20/2888004/peyton-manning-to-wear-no-18-with-urging-of-frank-tripucka

"I had the privilege of speaking with Peyton Manning this morning, and I let him know that I would be honored if he wore No. 18 for the Denver Broncos," Tripucka said. "I have admired Peyton for a long time. He is one of the all-time greats, and having him wear the same jersey that I did brings me a lot of joy. I can't wait to see him in No. 18."

No that is not exactly accurate. The question was broached to Tripuka when Manning was meeting with the Broncos and he wanted Manning to wear. While Manning spoke to Tripuka about it, it wasn't like Manning was asking for the favor.

http://www.milehighr...-frank-tripucka

haha I should have known you'd beat me to this. I was just getting ready to post the exact same. :)

One final point: Peyton is always so generous and complementary of his team mates, the coaching staff, and the genuine appreciation of all NFL fans in general.

Also, I was intrigued by the line: "I will certainly be using John Elway as a resource during the season."

This is exactly why #18 chose Denver people. 2 brilliant QB minds can accomplish great things every Sunday. That and his comfort level with John Fox and Jack Del Rio too IMO.

I love that line: "It does make you feel old when rookies say 'I watch you all the time on ESPN Classic." haha That's why I respect the :goat: so much: His humor and humility. You Rock Peyton!!!

haha my favorite line was "Have I missed playing you're asking have I missed playing,, What Do You Think..??"" haha the look on his face at that question.

haha my favorite line was "Have I missed playing you're asking have I missed playing,, What Do You Think..??"" haha the look on his face at that question.

Yes, the look on Peyton's face was simply PRICELESS Gramz!!! haha:lol::thmup: Is the sky blue? Is the grass green? Does Peyton love to play? Talk about a rhetoric question. :lol:

Amen CP11 Amen. "If home is where the heart is," then home will always be INDY for Peyton. Followed by Tennessee and Louisiana as a close tie for 2nd place IMO.

Im thinking New Orleans just might have a leg up on both, Memories last forever, and there is something to be said really a person can consider different places like home but he has so many more memories in New Orleans then either Tennessee or Indiana, not sure it matters what place he favors over the other, its likely he will say he likes all equal, of course he wouldnt say but childhood memories and the attraction and bond to those places is something special, he has special memories here of course but New Orleans was where he was born and raised, I am just glad I got to witness how special of a Quarterback he was and likely still is

I like to see the Denver fans excited about Peyton Manning and I hope he has a good season. However, what if Denver somehow doesn't make the playoffs? Will the fans still be there if the team falls short? I would hope that they will support Manning no matter what, not just because they expect to make the playoffs. Have to wait and see what happens.

I really understand that. But maybe it's helpful to think this way: he is now appreciated by more people. I tell you, Denver fans are really enjoying Peyton. I get sympathetic joy out of that, not just my own joy. More people get to see what an awesome player/person he is than before. It's good for everyone.

Very true BayArea. More people finally can appreciate Peyton for the football genius he is. (But I'm still gonna think of him as ours--the Colts ;) )

I also think this is an important thing for him--playing for another team. I say that because there are those skeptics and critics that say he wasn't as good as everyone says he is. He only won 1 SB (let's not get into the fact that this ticks me off--a great QB is a great QB no matter the # of SB wins--it takes a TEAM to win a SB, not just one man, but that's another soap box for another time), it was his coaching staff, yadi yadi yada. Playing for the Broncos will cement his greatness for all (IMO). He will succeed and do well, and honestly I hope above hope that he gets another SB win.

Amen CP11 Amen. "If home is where the heart is," then home will always be INDY for Peyton. Followed by Tennessee and Louisiana as a close tie for 2nd place IMO.

I wanted to like so many of the posts you have above here, but I have reached my quota and it won't let me--so know that I like all that you've said buddy!

I like to believe the same as you, that Indiana would be his first choice to come back to, but time will tell. There is a possibility that he will want to go back to Louisiana...if I'm honest and set my hopes and bias aside I would say that #1 is tied btwn Indiana and Louisiana with #2 going to Tennessee. That being said, I still believe that when he retires from playing he will end up back with the Colts either in the FO or as HC. Time will tell, but Peyton loves football too much for me to believe he will just be done with it when he retires...your thoughts buddy?

I like to see the Denver fans excited about Peyton Manning and I hope he has a good season. However, what if Denver somehow doesn't make the playoffs? Will the fans still be there if the team falls short? I would hope that they will support Manning no matter what, not just because they expect to make the playoffs. Have to wait and see what happens.

8-8 made the playoffs last year. didt it?

I would gues that 9-7 will get you in this time... Denver fans have been through ups and downs..

Cutler's teams collasped and never made the playoffs when he was QB...

I cant see Denver, with their talent, varriung several injuries...being less than 9-7...

,,and since they dont play the Colts.....(until the post-season) I'm all for them.

With Stokley and Tamme...its 'Indianapolis SouthWest'