Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HC Peyton Manning?

Nobody

Everyone needs to keep in mind...Peyton can OWN the network! A QB coach? OC....why???...he has already done it....doing it now in Denver. He will do whatever HE wants.

How many players do you know that went from player to Head Coach? Peyton is a great Quarterback but quarterbacking alone wont make a good head coach

How many players do you know that went from player to Head Coach? Peyton is a great Quarterback but quarterbacking alone wont make a good head coach

Gavin....looks like a reach for you here. I said Manning will do whatever he wants to do. Look back at my post. You seem to want to say something?? SAY IT! I think 18 will do anything he wants from sitcoms to the front office....Why did you quote this with ZERO point??? Help me understand your post other that to start something! I am game!

Andy Reid used to be a stud.

qIXiB1-480x367.jpg

All jokes there are quite a few over the past 10-20 years that were decent to good players.

Singletary, Harbaugh, Del Rio, Fisher, Whisenhunt, Kubiak, Ron Riveria, Lovie Smith, Dungy, etc.

More played in the NFL than you would think at first glance.

Gavin....looks like a reach for you here. I said Manning will do whatever he wants to do. Look back at my post. You seem to want to say something?? SAY IT! I think 18 will do anything he wants from sitcoms to the front office....Why did you quote this with ZERO point??? Help me understand your post other that to start something! I am game!

Not starting an argument or debate, simply saying that managing the offense and basically being an offense coordinator is different then a big jump to a head coaching position, I didnt target you or your post, you and I have gotten along quite well even with disagreements at times (very few times actually) I am simply saying yes Peyton can do whatever he wants, It will take alot more experience then just being a Quarterback thats what I meant. With anything a person wants to do it takes experience and starting off by moving up through the ranks so to speak, I hope the clarifies, It certainly wasn't me targeting you or anything in particular you said

Andy Reid used to be a stud.

qIXiB1-480x367.jpg

All jokes there are quite a few over the past 10-20 years that were decent to good players.

Singletary, Harbaugh, Del Rio, Fisher, Whisenhunt, Kubiak, Ron Riveria, Lovie Smith, Dungy, etc.

More played in the NFL than you would think at first glance.

I understand that but none went straight from player straight to Head Coach that I am aware of, Thats what I am saying. Not trying to start a full on debate on what Peyton can or cant do, I have little doubts that Peyton can do what he wants once he makes up his mind to do it

I understand that but none went straight from player straight to Head Coach that I am aware of, Thats what I am saying. Not trying to start a full on debate on what Peyton can or cant do, I have little doubts that Peyton can do what he wants once he makes up his mind to do it

I doubt many people's first coaching job is HC, with that said, a team might view Manning different based on the perception that he is the one in charge of the O, and to hear Aikman & Marino and the guys talk that he's the one running the offensive side of the practice in Indy, and even a few comments about how he was directing traffic in Denver, a team might be willing to give him a shot. That team might still be in the NCAA, even then he might be a QBC/OC somewhere first.

I can easily see how his situation might be more unique than any that have preceded him.

I doubt many people's first coaching job is HC, with that said, a team might view Manning different based on the perception that he is the one in charge of the O, and to hear Aikman & Marino and the guys talk that he's the one running the offensive side of the practice in Indy, and even a few comments about how he was directing traffic in Denver, a team might be willing to give him a shot. That team might still be in the NCAA, even then he might be a QBC/OC somewhere first.

I can easily see how his situation might be more unique than any that have preceded him.

Agreed on all accounts

Just because you are a great player, doesn't automatically qualify you to be a great Coach. Some are meant to play, some are meant to coach, very few are cut out to be both.... I believe Peyton falls in this category.

Quite possible he could be a very successful head coach, GM, or whatever path he chooses after his playing career is over. It's been said by many, "he is the most intelligent player I've ever known and/or coached".

Your right Gavin being a great QB alone wont make a great head coach,but his knoweledge isnt just QBing or offense,he understands defense just as well,only thing that could keep him from being one if he wanted,is that his patience level,with young players not owning the same work ethic as he has,would drive him over the edge.I honestly dont see him wanting a coaching job because of this.I do see him as a great game anylist tho.Hes very comfortable with the camera,has a sense of humor could see him thriving at this.

Not starting an argument or debate, simply saying that managing the offense and basically being an offense coordinator is different then a big jump to a head coaching position, I didnt target you or your post, you and I have gotten along quite well even with disagreements at times (very few times actually) I am simply saying yes Peyton can do whatever he wants, It will take alot more experience then just being a Quarterback thats what I meant. With anything a person wants to do it takes experience and starting off by moving up through the ranks so to speak, I hope the clarifies, It certainly wasn't me targeting you or anything in particular you said

I said number 18 can do anything he wants! I can write the sit-com. I never said he would be a head coach Gav! Please read posts.