Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

At Camp Practice Tonight....

cmgww

Just some notes:

Collie came out on a golf cart to cheers...was not limping as he walked around, hopefully as Caldwell said the injury isn't too serious

Tommie Harris was not in pads but did some limited defensive line drills on the sidelines with Mathis/Freeney and the DTs...did seem to be favoring a leg a bit, hopefully nothing too serious. The fact he was even working makes me think he's a keeper, just IMO

Peyton came out to a huge ovation...walked around and watched the QBs/receivers, seemed ok...I think it's a matter of time before he's back practicing soon

Painter and Dan O. both made some nice throws but also overthrew their guys a few times...

Nevis is the real deal...busted through the line and got the RB in the backfield a few times during the running game drill (no receivers)...looked fast.

Pat was drilling punts high and long, and also threw passes for the LB/DB "ball drills" (who knew he had an arm??)

Vinatieri hit a few from 50 or so...

Just what I saw tonight...feel free to add to this thread.

I heard Philip B said that Moala and Johnson are our starters at DT but he thinks Nevis is making a real charge for a starting job.

Also mentioned that McAfee tried a couple of really long field goals (67 yards and 75). Don't be shocked if at the end of a half this year well Pat take a chance at a crazy kick.

I heard Philip B said that Moala and Johnson are our starters at DT but he thinks Nevis is making a real charge for a starting job.

Also mentioned that McAfee tried a couple of really long field goals (67 yards and 75). Don't be shocked if at the end of a half this year well Pat take a chance at a crazy kick.

Caldwell said under right circumstances like with little time left & losing was implied and needed it,

( or I would imagine same if little time left & up by few TD'S and don't matter if give ball to other team on our side of the 50 if he misses, Man would I love to see him win it with a 75 yarder he has now done on various occasions, thats kicking from the 42 / 43 yard line on our side )

sorry dont have link but read in few spots I assure u

Caldwell said under right circumstances like with little time left & losing was implied and needed it,

( or I would imagine same if little time left & up by few TD'S and don't matter if give ball to other team on our side of the 50 if he misses, Man would I love to see him win it with a 75 yarder he has now done on various occasions, thats kicking from the 42 / 43 yard line on our side )

sorry dont have link but read in few spots I assure u

I think they would do it at the end of halves or at the end of a game if it would be a game winner or tier. That's about it. It would be nice to be on the other side of one of those 55+ yard mircale kicks for once!