Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 06/29

sb41champs

When watching your Colts (or NFL) news on TV - what type of "reporter" do you prefer:

A. Former NFL player (ex: Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner or Mark Schlereth)

B. Former NFL coach (ex: Herm Edwards, Steve Mariucci, or Bill Cowher)

C. NFL "Insider" (ex: John Clayton, "Mort" or Adam Schefter)

D. TV Network Reporter (ex: Chris Berman, Trey Wingo or James Brown)

C. but the others named in A, B, arent really reporters they basically give opinions and facts based on what the NFL was like when they played or coached not really report things that go on from what I have seen but more discuss it

I would have to go D, B, A, C for commentary during a game; but I would go with C, B, D, A for just getting the news.

It really depends more upon the person.

Examples:

A: I like Howie Long, Shannon Sharpe, and Tom Jackson; but I don't like Teddy Bruschi or Terry Bradshaw

B: I really like Herm Edwards, but I don't think Tony Dungy is cut out for it.

C: I don't really like any of them...

D: I really like Kenny Mayne.

My order of preference:

C - these are reporters and have an understanding on how to present news.

A & B are analysts and are really just presenting commentary and opinion

D - these guys are basically entertainers and are basically hired for their ability to create controversy.

A. Mark Schlereth. "Stink" knows football man. I love the guy. He knows team chemistry, what it takes to win in the trenches, the pain, isolation, and torment of surgery and rehab, and he doesn't kiss the NFL Commissioner's butt.

I really dislike Adam Schefter. He is too quick to report on NFL matters without have all his facts confirmed first. Trades and free agent signings he is well versed in though.

Soloman Wilcotts and Mike Mayock are great NFL analysts to me too. I miss Rod Woodson on NFL Total Access too. Now, a DB coach for the Oakland Raiders.

Wendi Nix on ESPN. She is a very good reporter with very good investigative skills at her disposal too. Just don't confuse her with singer Stevie Nicks okay. haha

nix-300x168.jpg

Maybe she was a backup singer for Stevie Nicks, I swear I caught a glimpse of her back then

I'm still trying to decide if ESPN's Sara Walsh is a real bonafide reporter or simply visual eye candy. The vote is still out on her IMO. Miss Walsh is paying her journalist dues right now & I am still trying to decide if she wants to be an actual sports analyst or not or just another pretty face. Time will tell I guess. I want information seekers not photogenic people dispensing hard hitting, NFL pieces. I wish her well.

sara%2Bwalsh.jpg

I'm still trying to decide if ESPN's Sara Walsh is a real bonafide reporter or simply visual eye candy. The vote is still out on her IMO. Miss Walsh is paying her journalist dues right now & I am still trying to decide if she wants to be an actual sports analyst or not or just another pretty face. Time will tell I guess. I want information seekers not photogenic people dispensing hard hitting, NFL pieces. I wish her well.

sara%2Bwalsh.jpg

Im perfectly fine with her being eye candy just as long as I can get facts and information from another one of the ESPN reporters lol

When watching your Colts (or NFL) news on TV - what type of "reporter" do you prefer:

A. Former NFL player (ex: Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner or Mark Schlereth)

B. Former NFL coach (ex: Herm Edwards, Steve Mariucci, or Bill Cowher)

C. NFL "Insider" (ex: John Clayton, "Mort" or Adam Schefter)

D. TV Network Reporter (ex: Chris Berman, Trey Wingo or James Brown)

E. Some of the hot, leggy babes they have on the NFL Network...

sara%2Bwalsh.jpg

If you are asking the question...ESPN thanks you.

Because you cant get this on the Discovery Channel

E. Some of the hot, leggy babes they have on the NFL Network...

To be fair to the female viewing NFL demographic out there, do the ladies have visual eye candy to watch on the male anchor front as well? I just want everyone to have some nice scenery to enjoy LIVE on the set.

To be fair to the female viewing NFL demographic out there, do the ladies have visual eye candy to watch on the male anchor front as well? I just want everyone to have some nice scenery to enjoy LIVE on the set.

does jason la canfora count? :lol:

simmer down now, I dont want to be hearing about no man crushes you got, Im more of a Mark Schlereth kinda guy myself, got to do something about that nickname though :lol:

Lol well he didn't get the name for nothing. There has to be some kind of origin to it hahahaha. I prefer Herm Edwards and Wendi Nix, the latter for reasons that will remain undisclosed lmao.

Lol well he didn't get the name for nothing. There has to be some kind of origin to it hahahaha. I prefer Herm Edwards and Wendi Nix, the latter for reasons that will remain undisclosed lmao.

Rachel Nichols, Im more of a red head or brunette kinda man

Rachel Nichols, Im more of a red head or brunette kinda man

Oh yeah she's good too. One of the main reasons I watched that horrible series in the NBA Finals. She wasn't a sideline or "courtside" reporter but she did all the media stuff for it lol.

Oh yeah she's good too. One of the main reasons I watched that horrible series in the NBA Finals. She wasn't a sideline or "courtside" reporter but she did all the media stuff for it lol.

heck she might as well be the only reason I watch any NBA basketball now, its not like it used to be, rivalries are all but dead because you so much as look at a player wrong you get a tech or tossed completely