Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reitz A Starter?

Colts20593

For what it is worth gentlemen....he has all the makings of being the biggest steal off of the waiver wire in sometime. He was a tightend who has added weight and muscle:

09/09/10 - OT Joe Reitz has been signed to the roster. Reitz, who grew up in the Indianapolis area, had been waived by Miami earlier in the week. He had originally been signed as an undrafted free agent by Baltimore in 2008. Reitz played college basketball at Western Michigan and had not played organized football since high school before he was signed by the Ravens. "We had a chance to follow his background a little bit. Our personnel department took a good look at him and we know he has ability," coach Jim Caldwell said. "He's a guy that can obviously move his feet. He played basketball. He's got a good body and we think he's got good potential. Real good upside. So we're real anxious to have an opportunity to put him to work."

Right now Diem is playing right guard so McClendon seems to be in the same spot as Pollak and DeVan are. It could be the Colts are trying to pick between McClendon and Reitz as starters and they know DeVan and Pollak are going to be the back ups too. It seems like they are more interested in trying Pollak at Center anyways.

As for why the moved him, if they are going to play Diem at right guard that leaves the left guard spot open and if McClendon is in the running for a starting spot he would have to move to left guard.

According to the comments from coach it did not sound like they are permanently moving Diem to guard they are just moving people around becuse many times on game day they only dress 7 o-lineman so they need to see who can play where.

According to the comments from coach it did not sound like they are permanently moving Diem to guard they are just moving people around becuse many times on game day they only dress 7 o-lineman so they need to see who can play where.

Right. I'll be shocked if he's not starting at his normal RT spot on 9/11.

yeah I watched him to and based on what I've seen out of him I think he's going to be our starting left guard. Him and Castonzo had a really nice play when they set up the screen pass. The right guard spot is up in the air. I will say this Link played really bad tonight so any thought of moving Diem to guard and playing Link at right tackle probably ended. I do think if in the middle of the season we still have an issue at right guard and Ijalana is ready they might either play Ijalana there or move Diem to guard and play Ijalana out there.

yeah I watched him to and based on what I've seen out of him I think he's going to be our starting left guard. Him and Castonzo had a really nice play when they set up the screen pass. The right guard spot is up in the air. I will say this Link played really bad tonight so any thought of moving Diem to guard and playing Link at right tackle probably ended. I do think if in the middle of the season we still have an issue at right guard and Ijalana is ready they might either play Ijalana there or move Diem to guard and play Ijalana out there.

Not sure why they didnt try Ijilana at RT last night, except maybe they wanted to see how Linkenbach did there. I didnt think Ijilana did too bad at RT, but didnt watch too close.

I bet by the middle of the season, Diem is the RG and Ijilana is the RT. He has the skills...many thought he had a higher upside than Castonzo around draft time.

Oh, and wont it be nice if Reitz does well at LG? Having the left side set will be good for them, and the running backs Id think!

Not sure why they didnt try Ijilana at RT last night, except maybe they wanted to see how Linkenbach did there. I didnt think Ijilana did too bad at RT, but didnt watch too close.

I bet by the middle of the season, Diem is the RG and Ijilana is the RT. He has the skills...many thought he had a higher upside than Castonzo around draft time.

Oh, and wont it be nice if Reitz does well at LG? Having the left side set will be good for them, and the running backs Id think!

They played him at right tackle after Link, Ijilana still has work to do based on what I saw. He was doing okay against the Redskins third stringers that means he would probably get onwned by another teams starters. I could very well see us doing what you said in the middle of the season if no one steps up and wins that right guard spot and they think Ijilana is the future at right tackle.

Also I agree wth you I think have a strong left side is more important than the right side. 1, it's Peyton's blindside and 2, we like to run more to the left. So of course I would like both sides to be strong but if one is weak I'd rather it be the right side.