Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck far below expectations

Nobody

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost left out the comment about Russel because it is meaningless and yes he was a bust.

The point is that cumulative #'s you mentioned

Considering the garbage QB cluster that played last year combined for : 56.6% 3223 14 td 14 int. So yeah I expect quite a bit more than that. But again maybe I'm the devil for expecting him to be competent in year one.

But if you want me to stat splitting hairs I'll be more than happy to.

Yeah, when put that way, I think i'm underselling Luck. Put me down for 23 td passes 16 ints.

And thanks for holding back on *really* splitting hairs. You have me shaking in my boots at the possibility of you actually trying to split hairs :lol:

For the record when I read FJC's post I assumed the "elsewhere" meant that rookie QB down in Washington, oh what's his name again...

...because honestly comparing Luck's first year as a pro and Manning's first year in Denver would be hilarious. (In a bad way)

With so many expecting Luck to be the Messiah, That poor kid has got to have the weight of the world on his shoulders. I for one will overlook his rookie year if he falls short of expectations.

With so many expecting Luck to be the Messiah, That poor kid has got to have the weight of the world on his shoulders. I for one will overlook his rookie year if he falls short of expectations.

I don't think Luck cares too much about the expectations...He doesn't seem like that kind of guy. He will do what he has to do to get his team some wins, and that's all he will focus on. The fans might not like it if he doesn't immediately lead the Colts to the Super Bowl, but I think he will be satisfied knowing that his best days are ahead of him.