Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 06/01

sb41champs

Bigger surprize: Gary Brackett & Melvin Bullitt getting NO interest in free agency - OR - Anthony Gonzalez already being released by the New England Patriots (who kept Chad Ochocinco on their roster) ??

Gonzo being released already. It doesn't shock me that he was cut but I at least figured he would make it to camp.

Frankly I think Bullitt is done in the NFL and for Brackett there just aren't that many teams in the NFL in the need of an undersized older MLB coming off a major injury who can pretty much only work in a cover-2 base defense. I think would have to take something like Urlacher getting hurt in Chicago a team to be interested in him.

Isn't it the same reason for all three - injuries? Brackett would be a good nickle LB in the 3-4 according to some people. I just don't think teams are going to give contracts to guys who can't make it through half a season.

To be honest I was surprised that the Pats signed Gonzo in the first place. It was no shock to me that he got cut either. I never have liked Gonzo and I think his attitude is awful. I watched him day after day at training camp last year snub all the fans waiting in line by having his back turned to everybody as he went by on his cart. He wouldn't wave or acknowledge anybody who called out to him, and the day he was in the autograph tent he looked extremely put off that he had to even interact with us fans. Personally I'm glad he's gone and I hope he never plays another down of football again.

Have to agree with all here. Injuries have been the downfall of all 3, Brackett recently given ok to play, but question would be for how long. Real surprise was the Pats signed Gonzo,not that he was released, though surprised by how fast it happened.

Bullitt is and outstanding special teams player and a really good back up safety to spare some guys..wouldn't mind if the Colts brought him back on a lesser deal for the special teams purposes and back up safety role but it won't happen

Neither surprised me, Gary Brackett was alright while he was here but is nothing but a back up player at best and my opinion always has been, same with Bullit, as for Gonzales, he cant stay healthy, waste of a roster spot for any team