Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Breaking News: According to ESPN, Saints LB Johnathon Vilma has filed a 'defamation' lawsuit against Roger Goodell. How do you think that will help hi

BrentMc11

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, May 19, 2012 - reposting of hidden posts
Hidden by shecolt, May 19, 2012 - reposting of hidden posts

Out of line? Go away!

YOU are out of line. I have said right along that they can't complain too much because they gave Goodell all of the power. I think that was a mistake on the NFLPA's part. I don't know why you think it's ok to pick a fight with me.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, May 19, 2012 - personal attack
Hidden by shecolt, May 19, 2012 - personal attack

Please don't start a topic for discussion and then yell at people when they, you know, discuss it.

Start you own when YOU know unions! Please stop you attempted knowledge on my post...I know more about union business than YOU will ever know! You are a pretender! I want this post up....so make a valid point!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP IT! NOW!

Little bit of a legal background here...

Vilma will probably lose this case, but what this case will force to be revealed will be much more important to getting Vilma back on the field (in his hopes anyways).

What this lawsuit will do is effectively force Goodell to show his evidence. Two things can happen here;

If he has no evidence, the suspension will either be dropped or the NFL risks getting sued and they would most likely lose because they are going against their personal conduct policy. I really doubt the legal experts of the NFL would actually risk punishing a player with zero evidence, Players make more than enough to hire the country's best lawyers and a mufti-billion dollar corporation like the NFL will be aware of this.

If he does have evidence, we will find out exactly how much evidence he has and then we can determine if it was justified that Vilma's level of contribution in the bounties was enough to suspend him without pay for a year.

In essence, what Vilma is doing is forcing the commisioner to reveal the evidence. Vilma must believe that his level of participation was not equal to what the NFL portrayed it to be with his suspension.

I'm sure if you had the resources Vilma has you would have fought whatever job you got >>>ed out of too. The commisioner can cite whatever subsections he wants out of the CBA but it still has to be truthful, fair and proportional to comply with federal law.

This is what I'm telling you;

Roger Goodell can have a sheet of paper that YOU signed that says he can suspend YOU however long HE wants for ANY violation you are found guilty of and he doesn't even have to show YOU the evidence. But unless you're the first or only guy to ever be suspended for that violation, it has to be fair and proportional to others that have committed the same violation.

---

What Vilma is doing is saying that Goodell is making this all up through the defamation lawsuit. Now Goodell will HAVE to show what evidence he used in his decision to suspend Vilma. Once the evidence is out, then we can determine if Goodell treated Vilma fairly or if he was singled out like Vilma claimed.

I'm just gonna quote myself again so people can skip the childish comments that are pouring in lol High 5 me!

You probably spend half of YOUR time in the bathroom! You are the consummate employee? I would have come straight after YOU!!

OK Mods... Shut this down! P&E need a lesson in union business.....must be 18-22! I am amazed you are backing Vilma! I will personally kick your butts on union stuff! I know all of the heads.....DO YOU???

DO YOU understand the RULES of the UNION? The CBA! NO YOU DO NOT!!!!!

Sorry everyone! I was in this great stuff for over 23 years. I will not let pretenders to think they nee to intercede!

You probably spend half of YOUR time in the bathroom! You are the consummate employee? I would have come straight after YOU!!

OK Mods... Shut this down! P&E need a lesson in union business.....must be 18-22! I am amazed you are backing Vilma! I will personally kick your butts on union stuff! I know all of the heads.....DO YOU???

Sorry everyone! I was in this great stuff for over 23 years. I will not let pretenders to think they nee to intercede!

P and E go to the Giants and Broncos.....try and make sense there...Have fun! Please understand unions.....YOU do NOT! Love em.....respect em......unless YOU are NOT doing YOUR JOB!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just gonna quote myself again so people can skip the childish comments that are pouring in lol High 5 me!

Tony! Goodell has the power...Union signed of....now everyone says it was wrong? Been doing tis is for 22 years.....CBA!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRR!

Your arguments have been invalid. I actually love your posts when it comes to football. I was busy today and came back to some......stuff! WHY? I can argue union stuff better than anyone! You put up great stuff! Thank you!!

PS: Who cares?

Just ignore this person and don't let them get to you. You did nothing to deserve this backlash.

This is my post....Talk to me!!!

P and E I like your stuff...keep it up! Everyone here can agree.....to disagree...I know unions! They are great..