Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Network

subvet

The NFL Network is almost better in the off-season than it is DURING the season...

Considering the thousands of random great games in their archive, I have to question why they have such a nauseatingly repetitive programming schedule throughout the year. Most of the re-airs of their "greatest games" are shown over and over again....so many awesome, random games they could yank out of the archive for re-air.

Their Top Ten lists, Sound FX etc are shown in a near constant loop. So much potential there for them to really offer so much more.

To the OP: Yes, the 2007 post-season was one of the very best. Featuring Favre's last game (and last INT) as a Packer, the emergence of Eli, the sudden thud after the first 16-0 season in history, Tom Coughlin's frozen face Coughlin0111.jpeg

Truly a postseason to remember.

Considering the thousands of random great games in their archive, I have to question why they have such a nauseatingly repetitive programming schedule throughout the year. Most of the re-airs of their "greatest games" are shown over and over again....so many awesome, random games they could yank out of the archive for re-air.

Their Top Ten lists, Sound FX etc are shown in a near constant loop. So much potential there for them to really offer so much more.

To the OP: Yes, the 2007 post-season was one of the very best. Featuring Favre's last game (and last INT) as a Packer, the emergence of Eli, the sudden thud after the first 16-0 season in history, Tom Coughlin's frozen face Coughlin0111.jpeg

Truly a postseason to remember.

I know. They have the top 10 Steelers, Raiders, Cowboys and that is it. They need to expand on that. I also like their Greatest High School Rivalries. They have one of Travis Benjamin on there and how he was recovering from an injury.

I hope not. Rich Eisen is the main reason I watch NFLN.

Rich is THE man

Right on, AC 17 & CF 1828!!! Rich Eisen is indeed the Godfather of modern day NFL broadcasters. I love how he says "Fantastic!!!" It always makes me chuckle when he does.

Rich is probably still resting up from the April Draft & a ton of other media obligations he has including his own podcast too. Rich is not retiring fellas. Rest assured.

Right on, AC 17 & CF 1828!!! Rich Eisen is indeed the Godfather of modern day NFL broadcasters. I love how he says "Fantastic!!!" It always makes me chuckle when he does.

Rich is probably still resting up from the April Draft & a ton of other media obligations he has including his own podcast too. Rich is not retiring fellas. Rest assured.

He better not. He still has to get under 6 seconds in the 40 before he retires.

He better not. He still has to get under 6 seconds in the 40 before he retires.

Thanks for the video AC 17!!! I actually missed his 40 yard dash this year. Wrong & blasphemous on some many levels I know... haha I assure you; it won't happen again. :thmup:

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have NFL network, but I'm an Eisen fan from his days with ESPN.

I suspect he's taking time off now because he likely has a brutal schedule from August through the Super Bowl. And then, perhaps takes some time off in late February and March, only to gear up again for the draft in late April.

Give the man some down time. If he's not working 6-day weeks, then I'm sure his 5-day weeks are still incredibly long -- meaning way more than 40 hours.

After a while, you need time to re-charge mental and emotional batteries. You just do. I'm sure Eisen is not going anywhere.

NewColtsFan