Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oldest Colt Football Card You Own

King Colt

Oldest football would probably my mint condition Dan Marino rc. Don't really have many old football cards. Jerry Rice rc, bad condition though but still a cool card, need to work on Elway and Montana next.

Edit: Ohhhh excuse me Colts cards sorry about that:

Probably just Peyton rc cards.

Only really collect Colts cards and those start with Jim Harbaugh. Indy Colts are not the same as the Baltimore Colts. I mainly collect signed cards and even have four signed by Manning and already have two Press Pass Andrew Luck signed cards.

I thought I had a mid-late 80's common, or a late 80's Jack Trudeau, but at first glance, my oldest card appears to be a 1989 Topps Andre Rison rookie card.

I'm pretty sure I had Pat Beach, Harbaugh, Eugene Daniels, Chris Goode, and Dean Biasucci cards, too... I must be missing a box.

I thought I had a mid-late 80's common, or a late 80's Jack Trudeau, but at first glance, my oldest card appears to be a 1989 Topps Andre Rison rookie card.

I'm pretty sure I had Pat Beach, Harbaugh, Eugene Daniels, Chris Goode, and Dean Biasucci cards, too... I must be missing a box.

Upon further review, the Andre Rison RC is an '89 NFL ProSet.

the entire 1953 Baltimore Colts series....and every series since... so every card from topps i think. me and my dad had collected them.

Darn! So what is that like 3000 cards? (I'm just going off of 53 roster, today times even though they were smaller back then, and 60 years. Also I don't know what a series beholds.)

The Colts franchise is the Colts franchise.

That's like saying the Hershey's Chocolate bar eaten in my office is different from the Hershey's Chocolate bar I eat in my living room.

Exact same...just two different locations. :rantoff:

lmao tell them that in Baltimore buddy : D

ive been after the SP Authentic Peyton rookie card for a while now. I lost my motivation though since hes with the Broncos. Its one expensive card, I think its the most expensive Peyton card though.

I cant wait til the Andrew Luck one comes out though.

post-1917-0-66374300-1336831730_thumb.jp

I forgot I have the 58' team card as well. No team picture on the front, just "Baltimore Colts"

my 58 , Tops # 110 card has the " Baltimore Colts " under the picture , since its slabbed & graded I know its real

------------------------------------------------

MY oldest card is of Bert Rechichar, who was the surprise starting punter on the 58 champ team & didnt know he would play till day of game, hes in a University of Ten Vol uniform but its considered his rookie card , , its a 1951 Tops card # 30

Now have have many gorgeous large size bowman cards ( these are works of art ) all slabbed & graded from 1952 for example of art Donovan & Gino Marchetti & these are considered their rookie cards in a Dallas Texan Uniform & that team became the colts the next year in Baltimore if that counts & if it doesnt, oh well

anyway , this post just caught my eye, & am using it as an escape, if u need to ask why go here

http://forums.colts....re/page__st__40

but have to run back to sub acute center again,

Whatever u have, 1 or many ripped or perfect just enjoy them

HERE IS A COPY & PASTE < i'd have no time to re write this again u may find interesting

DAD & FOOTBALL< BASEBALL CARDS

You will love this, I had every football & baseball card at least 1 of in great condition from about 1955 on till 70's and who knew they would be of value so when great dad asked , and I knew how deidcated he was to his special ed students of 40 + years teaching, as even I found out at his eulogy that he was gone on Thanksgiving Morning as was giving toys he bought to kids in hospital & he paid poor students Medical bills and bought them glasses etc , and was so great to me so as was saying he asked for the cards for his special ed students, & they called them a worse name then I couldnt say no when he asked , so there were all these the special ed kids with all these great cards on the spokes of their bicycles to make this great roaring noise as they rode , but hey I did it too, all kids did in the 60's & 70's----------------------------------------