Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck's Stats [Merge]

colts1993

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My public school education tells me that 4,000 yards is 250 a game for 16 games...

250 yards a game does not seem like much :yes:

.....but 4,000 for the year seems crazy, doesnt it? :nutz:

For a rookie? Child Please!!!! :eyebrow:

Its time to PRESS YOUR LUCK.

With the receivers he has //half the games indoors

..but the opponents he must face...(and Donald Brown's quest for 1,000 yards rushing!!)

will Andrew Luck pass for 4,000 yards his rookie season....? :dunno:

Your predictions, please. :rulez:

http://pfref.com/tiny/MopZY

I think people need to temper their expectations. Luck is playing for us at an unfortunate time. He's coming into the NFL a year after the player with the greatest rookie season for a quarterback and he's replacing the player with the second greatest rookie season for a quarterback. Only seven rookie quarterbacks ever have thrown for more than 3000 yards. Most of those offenses it happened with were much better than ours is as well, so people expecting him to get 4000 yards are probably going to be sorely disappointed. Let's just hope that these people aren't crying bust if he fails to eclipse 3000 yards.

I'm as big a Luck supporter as any other and if I were a betting man I'd bet on him having a bust in Canton at some point, but this is his rookie year and our offense is still rebuilding. He'll have games with 300+ yards and 2+ touchdowns where he'll look like Peyton 2.0, but he'll also have games with less than 150 yards and more interceptions than touchdowns. Hopefully it will all add up to around 3200 yards, 18 touchdowns, and 15 interceptions (which is considered a good rookie season people).

http://pfref.com/tiny/MopZY

I think people need to temper their expectations. Luck is playing for us at an unfortunate time. He's coming into the NFL a year after the player with the greatest rookie season for a quarterback and he's replacing the player with the second greatest rookie season for a quarterback. Only seven rookie quarterbacks ever have thrown for more than 3000 yards. Most of those offenses it happened with were much better than ours is as well, so people expecting him to get 4000 yards are probably going to be sorely disappointed. Let's just hope that these people aren't crying bust if he fails to eclipse 3000 yards.

I'm as big a Luck supporter as any other and if I were a betting man I'd bet on him having a bust in Canton at some point, but this is his rookie year and our offense is still rebuilding. He'll have games with 300+ yards and 2+ touchdowns where he'll look like Peyton 2.0, but he'll also have games with less than 150 yards and more interceptions than touchdowns. Hopefully it will all add up to around 3200 yards, 18 touchdowns, and 15 interceptions (which is considered a good rookie season people).

How you judge his numbers is something I'll leave up to you

It also doesnt matter what Peyton did or anyone else....

This is a unique situation..I think we can agree

I'm just asking if he'll average 250 yards passing per game

How you judge his numbers is something I'll leave up to you

It also doesnt matter what Peyton did or anyone else....

This is a unique situation..I think we can agree

I'm just asking if he'll average 250 yards passing per game

It's not that unique a situation: a rookie quarterback that was a high draft pick come in and starts right away for rebuilding team. It happens every year.

Asking for 250 yards a game is statistically unreasonable since in all the years the NFL has existed and for all the teams that started a rookie qb it has only ever happened once.

It's not that unique a situation: a rookie quarterback that was a high draft pick come in and starts right away for rebuilding team. It happens every year.

Asking for 250 yards a game is statistically unreasonable since in all the years the NFL has existed and for all the teams that started a rookie qb it has only ever happened once.

You're kidding, right?

What we are about to see does not happen every year or any year.

Luck is replacing a legend..an icon..,who is still alive and well and playing

Luck is throwing to a college teammate...a friend ..maybe 2 (you dont know)

Outdoor QB moving indoors..

West coast guy coming to the midwest...(kinda like Crocodile Dundee meeting that

sexy woman and moving from Australia to NYC)

Brand new coach.....Rebuilt O-line..

But he's the son of an NFL QB...

Born to play the position, if you will.

A prodigy. Destiny's child

Dont kid yourself...

The situation we are about to see played out has NEVER happened this way before..

You're kidding, right?

What we are about to see does not happen every year or any year.

Luck is replacing a legend..an icon..,who is still alive and well and playing

Luck is throwing to a college teammate...a friend ..maybe 2 (you dont know)

Outdoor QB moving indoors..

West coast guy coming to the midwest...(kinda like Crocodile Dundee meeting that

sexy woman and moving from Australia to NYC)

Brand new coach.....Rebuilt O-line..

But he's the son of an NFL QB...

Born to play the position, if you will.

A prodigy. Destiny's child

Dont kid yourself...

The situation we are about to see played out has NEVER happened this way before..

Well now you're just being ridiculous. Obviously this has never happened exactly like that before where every single event matches up. When people say that "History repeats itself" they obviously don't mean that every single little detail happens the exact same way. I dont see what point you're trying to prove.

Well now you're just being ridiculous. Obviously this has never happened exactly like that before where every single event matches up. When people say that "History repeats itself" they obviously don't mean that every single little detail happens the exact same way. I dont see what point you're trying to prove.

there is nothing incorrect about what I said....perhaps overdramatized

But these details are different...they justs are. I thought we all knew that going in...This is a unique situation

Go with it. I'm not trying to prove ANY point....and I'm not trying to judge.

This is a merged thread.... My point was only to ask what number of yards Luck would throw for...

You said 3,200.

That's fine.

The 2012 NFL is far different from the 1998 NFL. 4000 would be a fair expectation, all things considered.

I agree....

4,000 seems like a ton....but the number is misleading.....

250 a game is what i would expect of an average NFL QB.

Those are Danny Orlovsky numbers..bless his heart.

We will be behind (though hopefully not in the 1st eight minutes of every game)

...We have a good cast of receieves old and young...and some depth....so we wont have to sign boys off the street

No mud bowls or driving rainstorms..and no great defenses (maybe Houston) in our division

.we may not have a winning question....

but if Luck stays healthy....4,000 is not out of the question at all