Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bucky Brooks: The Colts Should Bench Anthony Richardson

RollerColt

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Brooks was a AR hater so I don’t take anything he says serious. What is up with the national media. You don’t see this crap with other young QB. I guess it’s the result of colts signing Flacco. But their perception on how good Flacco had been is just wrong.

They do it to most young QBs 

31 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Brooks was a AR hater so I don’t take anything he says serious. What is up with the national media. You don’t see this crap with other young QB. I guess it’s the result of colts signing Flacco. But their perception on how good Flacco had been is just wrong.

They certainly don’t understand what our goal is for this year. 

Make the playoffs and get blown out? 

Starting Flacco just punts the AR question to yet another year. We need him to start and play. And once we get to the offseason figure out what we have. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

They certainly don’t understand what our goal is for this year. 

Make the playoffs and get blown out? 

Starting Flacco just punts the AR question to yet another year. We need him to start and play. And once we get to the offseason figure out what we have. 

What’s really weird is them acting like Flacco is some 26 year old elite QB.  I guarantee if Flacco was not the backup they would not be saying all of this.

I haven't cared for Brooks takes since the beginning of the 2009 season. Going into that season, he said the Colts would finally be an average team since Harrison retired and Dungy wasn't no longer the coach. He said Peyton wouldn't be near as good as well. Then we end up almost going undefeated and making the SB. Dude is a Colts hater and never has known our team. I lost all respect for him back in 2009. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I haven't cared for Brooks takes since the beginning of the 2009 season. Going into that season, he said the Colts would finally be an average team since Harrison retired and Dungy wasn't no longer the coach. He said Peyton wouldn't be near as good as well. Then we end up almost going undefeated and making the SB. Dude is a Colts hater and never has known our team. I lost all respect for him back in 2009. 

I normally ignore his takes, but I noticed today’s article was front page. 

• Like 2

Benching a young QB is the worst thing you can do to them. You're essentially saying to the player we don't believe in you anymore and destroy their confidence a la Bryce Young. I don't know how many times this needs to be said, AR needs reps. You don't get reps sitting on the bench. You need to take your lumps so you learn and get better. 

i’m not sure how many of you took the time to actually read the entire article, but I think that everything he said was reasonable. He didn’t bash Richardson at all, he didn’t say that he wouldn’t end up as a starting quarterback or the face of our franchise.

35 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

i’m not sure how many of you took the time to actually read the entire article, but I think that everything he said was reasonable. He didn’t bash Richardson at all, he didn’t say that he wouldn’t end up as a starting quarterback or the face of our franchise.

The one thing that's different about AR compared to the guys he mentioned like Mahomes and Love? 

I'm pretty sure their respective teams already knew what they had. I remember the year Mahomes sat, there was a ton of chatter about how he was the next great QB, before he even played a snap in the NFL. Love had some really positive accolades as well. 

With Anthony, he's just so green we aren't sure what we have. It's a unique case where having him play honestly might be the best for him just so he has the experience.