Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should Colts trade Flacco

Patrick Miller

21 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You didn't know the plays in the first half until someone posted them.   You apologized to Superman after it was posted

Yes I did know them.   I knew that there were short passes thrown in the first half but did not contest that because the bulk of the discussion centered around whether or not to give the QB easy passes or trying to win the game.   I did not contest it because I did not look at the ESPN recap to have the evidence to support what I thought...there were several to many short passes....and....I didn't contest it because it was obvious hyperbole to begin with.

I apologized because the  discussion went on when it should have been shut down by contesting the assertion to begin with by showing the number of poorly thrown short passes to start the game.

You seem to take this off track.  To get back on track...

The basic question for me this year has never waivered.  Is AR the guy?...and, is JuJu and Jones good enough?  And Latu and AD...and AP?  What about our TEs.  And what about our LBers and Ss?

And others seem to highly question the DC, the basic scheme, and seem to think the secondary is not high enough quality for much success.  Seems to not be playoff quality judging by the complaints about the D this season, the secondary the past 6 months, and the scheme going on three seasons.

Wondering if the backup QB should be available to win a couple of games is not even close to the preponderance of concerns I have and to what others seem to complain about. 

Trade Flacco, play Sam when AR is injured.  Fine with me.

4 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Yea I get it.  But you can't let your emotions turn you into Cybil       Understand the big picture.    But then again it's my fault for even thinking that i can expect a logical convo in the Game Day thread.  Sometimes I think it has to be embarrassing for some in that thread later in the day  

The game thread isn’t really a place for much discussion.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yes I did know them.   I knew that there were short passes thrown in the first half but did not contest that because the bulk of the discussion centered around whether or not to give the QB easy passes or trying to win the game.   I did not contest it because I did not look at the ESPN recap to have the evidence to support what I thought...there were several to many short passes....and....I didn't contest it because it was obvious hyperbole to begin with.

I apologized because the  discussion went on when it should have been shut down by contesting the assertion to begin with by showing the number of poorly thrown short passes to start the game.

You seem to take this off track.  To get back on track...

The basic question for me this year has never waivered.  Is AR the guy?...and, is JuJu and Jones good enough?  And Latu and AD...and AP?  What about our TEs.  And what about our LBers and Ss?

And others seem to highly question the DC, the basic scheme, and seem to think the secondary is not high enough quality for much success.  Seems to not be playoff quality judging by the complaints about the D this season, the secondary the past 6 months, and the scheme going on three seasons.

Wondering if the backup QB should be available to win a couple of games is not even close to the preponderance of concerns I have and to what others seem to complain about. 

Trade Flacco, play Sam when AR is injured.  Fine with me.

If you watched the game,  why would you need anything other than watching the game.   Why would you need espn recap,

25 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If you watched the game,  why would you need anything other than watching the game.   Why would you need espn recap,

Good lord.  To explain exactly the plays...... possibly for holes who always demand links to "facts". 

If I wanted to contest the hyperbolic assertion...and I apologize ( not to Superman His Majesty, but to the forum) for not contesting it....that's what I should have done instead of just discussing the situation as if the hyperbolic assertion represented what actually happened...which it didn't. 

But, I'm wondering if you think our secondary, LBers, passing game defense in general, and Gus' "horrible?" scheme is playoff caliber sufficiently to be concerned about who the backup QB is?   We know that Ballard "liked his guys" enough to be concerned about it.

22 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Good lord.  To explain exactly the plays...... possibly for holes who always demand links to "facts". 

If I wanted to contest the hyperbolic assertion...and I apologize ( not to Superman His Majesty, but to the forum) for not contesting it....that's what I should have done instead of just discussing the situation as if the hyperbolic assertion represented what actually happened...which it didn't. 

But, I'm wondering if you think our secondary, LBers, passing game defense in general, and Gus' "horrible?" scheme is playoff caliber sufficiently to be concerned about who the backup QB is?   We know that Ballard "liked his guys" enough to be concerned about it.

All of this has been talked about to the brink of epic nauseam.  We all have opinions but dwelling on the negative proves what point?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

All of this has been talked about to the brink of epic nauseam.  We all have opinions but dwelling on the negative proves what point?

I think you meant to ask Jvan and Chloe why they are dwelling on my opinion.  I'm just responding to quotes but creating no quotes myself.

I think its okay to trade Flacco when the forum experts seem to have so many questions over defensive scheme and no secondary moves made in 6 months other than an easy waiver wire pickup.. 

How playoff teams work is that they get their solid Franchise QB, then build a supporting roster (sometimes at the same time) then when they have "their window" they get a good backup to win them a couple of games in case the Franchise QB has to miss some time. 

I was just wondering if those who think I'm nuts for considering trading Flacco if our team is in that position yet?

I don't see that as a negative question.

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think you meant to ask Jvan and Chloe why they are dwelling on my opinion.  I'm just responding to quotes but creating no quotes myself.

I think its okay to trade Flacco when the forum experts seem to have so many questions over defensive scheme and no secondary moves made in 6 months other than an easy waiver wire pickup.. 

How playoff teams work is that they get their solid Franchise QB, then build a supporting roster (sometimes at the same time) then when they have "their window" they get a good backup to win them a couple of games in case the Franchise QB has to miss some time. 

I was just wondering if those who think I'm nuts for considering trading Flacco if our team is in that position yet?

I don't see that as a negative question.

I am not really in this and don't really care the outcome....  So yea.   What can we get from a 40yr old backup QB who didnt have any other offers than the Colts?

I think it goes a lot into the team thinking.     Keep the QB that can get us through a game or two or have the little guy who doesnt know % as the back up?  

More to it than just a 15th round pick    Because I thinks thats the value 

Just making Conversation 

7 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

I am not really in this and don't really care the outcome....  So yea.   What can we get from a 40yr old backup QB who didnt have any other offers than the Colts?

I think it goes a lot into the team thinking.     Keep the QB that can get us through a game or two or have the little guy who doesnt know % as the back up?  

More to it than just a 15th round pick    Because I thinks thats the value 

Just making Conversation 

I like conversation.  Some can only argue, which I can do if that's what they want.

I think the whole issue is meh, precisely because Flacco has little trade value.  But its not like the possibility is off limits because of what his absence would do to our season.  JMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

We’ve lost a lot of great posters over the years. Their absence is felt greatly. I miss the days of analysis, @Superman’s weekly grades… 

Now it’s just this drivel we’re stuck with.

I thought about doing grades a few times this season. 

• Like 1

So I am watching rams game. Everyone remember how injured Stafford was his first two years? What do him and AR have in common? They were both very very young coming into the league. I have always said AR injuries are more because of lack of playing and not having the awareness yet to know when to protect himself. Yes Stafford played more in college but I doubt he got hit much at Georgia.

15 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So I am watching rams game. Everyone remember how injured Stafford was his first two years? What do him and AR have in common? They were both very very young coming into the league. I have always said AR injuries are more because of lack of playing and not having the awareness yet to know when to protect himself. Yes Stafford played more in college but I doubt he got hit much at Georgia.

Can’t compare AR to Stafford honestly. 

I love Anthony and think he’s a great person.

But Stafford was a defacto number 1 overall pick in his draft, had many years of success from high school to college, was already very polished by the time he went to the Lions, and then during his rookie year he showed his ridiculous toughness by injuring his shoulder, going back into the game and throwing the game winning pass. 

Matthew Stafford is a total bad mamma jamma. 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Can’t compare AR to Stafford honestly. 

I love Anthony and think he’s a great person.

But Stafford was a defacto number 1 overall pick in his draft, had many years of success from high school to college, was already very polished by the time he went to the Lions, and then during his rookie year he showed his ridiculous toughness by injuring his shoulder, going back into the game and throwing the game winning pass. 

Matthew Stafford is a total bad mamma jamma. 

I am just saying injuries early don’t have to define a career. Stafford missed so many game his first two years. The comparison is how young they both were. Stafford was also unusually young when he got drafted. The problem when people say this is they think people are comparing Stafford now. That isn’t what I am doing. I am not saying AR will follow the same path. But point injuries early  don’t have to define a career. 

14 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am just saying injuries early don’t have to define a career. Stafford missed so many game his first two years. The comparison is how young they both were. Stafford was also unusually young when he got drafted. The problem when people say this is they think people are comparing Stafford now. That isn’t what I am doing. I am not saying AR will follow the same path. But point injuries early  don’t have to define a career. 

Most here are saying that knowing how to throw a football defines a QBs career.  Stafford knew how to do that before he got to the NFL.

AR was probably the worst thrower of the football coming into the NFL of any QB drafted in any round in the past 20 years.   Maybe you should do a comparison to see how many QBs were worse coming into the NFL.  I'll wager nobody can come up with 5, and that includes 6th and 7th round picks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Most here are saying that knowing how to throw a football defines a QBs career.  Stafford knew how to do that before he got to the NFL.

AR was probably the worst thrower of the football coming into the NFL of any QB drafted in any round in the past 20 years.   Maybe you should do a comparison to see how many QBs were worse coming into the NFL.  I'll wager nobody can come up with 5, and that includes 6th and 7th round picks.

You have a good point. But the NFL is always evolving.   IMO  you dont need a pocket passer ti win.   And what AR lacks (and might learn) is not what is going to make him good/great.   It will be his physical difference on the field.   Seems like we have one of these phenon.   (I had to check spelling on that word and it still underlined in red UGH)  every couple of years    Daniels is a QB that I want to watch alongside of AR.   But again AR is only 22  Sooooo.     He's my QB 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Fine I’ll play:

Strictly based on passing ability right?

1. Tim Tebow

2. Kim McQuilken

3 Frank Tripucka

4.Akili Smith

5. Tim Boyle

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Fine I’ll play:

Strictly based on passing ability right?

1. Tim Tebow

2. Kim McQuilken

3 Frank Tripucka

4.Akili Smith

5. Tim Boyle

Yep you win.    Nice.   in your face everyone else. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

I just read an article proposing that the Colts should trade Flacco to the browns for a 6th round pick in the 2025 draft.  What say you? 

The value in return doesn’t outweigh the value he currently brings to the team. So no, if they were offering say maybe a 4th I’d be a bit more inclined to say pull the trigger but for a 6th it just isn’t worth it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DougDew said:

I haven't read anybody saying we should roll with Sam.  I think some have said they don't care if we roll with Sam.

I haven’t read that either nor do I believe he should ever play. I will say some positives about Sam though. I think he is on this roster bc of his mind. More I look into the guy the more I think he will be a coach one day. He understands the game and is extremely knowledgeable.  I suspect his true value to the team is in the QB room and the sidelines during the game. I encourage everyone to lookout for Sam during broadcast, he is on a tablet or talking through a play with Richardson or the coaches. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn't mean they have no common sense.  Pretty insulting to those who differ. 

"You have common sense"  is a compliment.  Its obviously my opinion, since I'm not God.  If you choose to see an insult somewhere, that would be a pretty negative way to look at something.  

I wonder when I ever told a girl "you're pretty" that the other 5 girls in the room chose to see it as in insult to them. 

30 minutes ago, DougDew said:

"You have common sense"  is a compliment.  Its obviously my opinion, since I'm not God.  If you choose to see an insult somewhere, that would be a pretty negative way to look at something.  

I wonder when I ever told a girl "you're pretty" that the other 5 girls in the room chose to see it as in insult to them. 

Holding conversations with you is like swimming in mud.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Holding conversations with you is like swimming in mud.

I complimented another poster, and you took my compliment to another poster as an insult to you and others, then accused me of insulting you.  You're the convo problem.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Check the past. Tells the story. 

I have.  Accusers start arguments.  Accusing others of being negative or insulting starts arguments.  If you don't like opinions, counter them, instead of labeling them and the person.