Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chiefs are trading for Hopkins

NFLfan

https://sports.yahoo.com/chiefs-reportedly-finalizing-a-trade-for-tennessee-titans-wide-receiver-deandre-hopkins-112921178.html

The Kansas City Chiefs are finalizing a trade for Tennessee Titans wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins, ESPN reported.

Getting Hopkins for a 5th round pick (that could become a 4th) is like robbery. A 5th is like a 6th, as the Chiefs pick at the bottom of each round. SMH

• NFLfan changed the title to Chiefs are trading for Hopkins
16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/chiefs-reportedly-finalizing-a-trade-for-tennessee-titans-wide-receiver-deandre-hopkins-112921178.html

Getting Hopkins for a 5th round pick (that could become a 4th) is like robbery. A 5th is like a 6th, as the Chiefs pick at the bottom of each round. SMH

Looks like Hopkins finally gets his ring. 

• Like 1

Yeah, JuJu’s hammy, Rice out for the year, Hollywood Brown coming back only for playoffs, that’s their Top 3 wideouts unable to play. I can see why.

Kelce and their rookie Worthy can only do so much.

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, JuJu’s hammy, Rice out for the year, Hollywood Brown coming back only for playoffs, that’s their Top 3 wideouts unable to play. I can see why.

And yet they're still undefeated even with all that going on. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Given that, you would think the Titans would have leverage to ask for more than just a conditional 5th round pick. It is like other NFL teams giving away championships to the Chiefs. Ask for more. Hopkins is so good, even now.

I'm imagining Jefferson, Addison and Hopkins. I can dream. :)

3 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Chargers should’ve been on this and other trades. That WR group they have is average at best.

Who are their receivers? I don't know how they let Keenan Allen get away. The guy is borderline Hall of Famet. The Chargers got rid of all Herbert's weapons -- Allen, Mike Williams, Ekeler. Those are only those I can remember.

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Who are their receivers? I don't know how they let Keenan Allen get away. The guy is borderline Hall of Famet. The Chargers got rid of all Herbert's weapons -- Allen, Mike Williams, Ekeler. Those are only those I can remember.

They’re relaying on a rookies and second year players. No difference makers at all.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Given that, you would think the Titans would have leverage to ask for more than just a conditional 5th round pick. It is like other NFL teams giving away championships to the Chiefs. Ask for more. Hopkins is so good, even now.

I'm imagining Jefferson, Addison and Hopkins. I can dream. :)

It’s actually generous on Chiefs’ part. A late conditional 4th (guaranteed 5th) for an aging WR that’s in the last year of a contract, Chiefs don’t have money to extend him. A 4th rounder for about 11-15 games.

Davante Adams went for conditional 3rd, to put it in perspective. Hopkins is no young spring chicken, so it’s less than a season rental. Titans are trying to get as much as they can as not many teams will take a 32 year old WR on the last year of a contract and give much in return.

They played this game with Derrick Henry and didn’t trade him last year, have nothing to show for him now.

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

And yet they're still undefeated even with all that going on. 

Steve Spagnuolos is the reason they are winning, less pressure on Mahomes who’s having a very below average year.

Bengals are the only ones to score 25 on the Chiefs and if the Bengals get their stuff right, I anticipate them to win a rematch, if it happens. But Bengals first need to deal with Ravens and Steelers.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Steve Spagnuolos is the reason they are winning, less pressure on Mahomes who’s having a very below average year.

Bengals are the only ones to score 25 on the Chiefs and if the Bengals get their stuff right, I anticipate them to win a rematch, if it happens. But Bengals first need to deal with Ravens and Steelers.

I'd say the only team that stands a chance to maybe beat them in the playoffs is the Ravens. 

However, the Ravens have yet to prove they can beat the Chiefs. Same for the Bills. Same honestly for the Bengals (last time they won was three matchups ago). 

Just now, RollerColt said:

I'd say the only team that stands a chance to maybe beat them in the playoffs is the Ravens. 

However, the Ravens have yet to prove they can beat the Chiefs. Same for the Bills. Same honestly for the Bengals (last time they won was three matchups ago). 

Ravens’ O has to be relied upon for them to win because their D is suspect, IMO, not as potent as last year. They lost key defensive pieces from last year.

I’d venture to say Steelers D has a better floor like the Chiefs D. If Lamar has to score 30 to win in the playoffs, odds are he comes up short. If he has to score low 20s, odds are better thus making the Ravens D the deciding factor.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

It’s actually generous on Chiefs’ part. A late conditional 4th (guaranteed 5th) for an aging WR that’s in the last year of a contract, Chiefs don’t have money to extend him. A 4th rounder for about 11-15 games.

Davante Adams went for conditional 3rd, to put it in perspective. Hopkins is no young spring chicken, so it’s less than a season rental. Titans are trying to get as much as they can as not many teams will take a 32 year old WR on the last year of a contract and give much in return.

They played this game with Derrick Henry and didn’t trade him last year, have nothing to show for him now.

It is a 5th round pick that could become a fourth but either way, the pick is a low pick in the round. I would take Hopkins for that, but my team has almost no draft picks.

56 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

You mean to tell me a GM can TRADE picks for players that will help the team out? Welllllllllllll I'll be damned. Does Ballard know about this one simple trick?

It's a nice idea, but unfortunately, there's no way to get a current RAS score for veteran players on other teams. 

2022 - Chiefs got Kadarius Toney in a close to mid-season WR trade with the Giants. Paid off with a great punt return in the SB but not much else, won the SB

2023 - Chiefs got Mecole Hardman back from the Jets in a close to mid-season WR trade with the Jets. Paid off with a couple of catches in the SB and an OT SB winning TD catch., won the SB

2024 - Chiefs get DeAndre Hopkins from the Titans in a close to mid-season WR trade, TBD...

55 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Yes,   he accidentally traded a first round pick for a dominant DT.

Sorry Uh Oh GIF by AJ McLean

Hey, we’ve all done and said things when we were drunk and didn’t mean it. I’m almost positive Ballard offered a 1st when he was drunk and said “look, it’s hard to win in the NFL” and was forced to go through with the trade. 

Can’t lie, it’s crazy how cheap these WRs are going for nowadays in terms of pick compensation. 

Cooper, Adams, Hopkins… most likely Kupp (the Bucs needs to do something to get him imo). All for really nothing in terms of late round picks. 

These friggin flailing teams man… just tossing their players out for nothing in return. At least get something back for your players GMs! Browns, Raiders and Titans just continue their streaks of bad management. 

4 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

You mean to tell me a GM can TRADE picks for players that will help the team out? Welllllllllllll I'll be damned. Does Ballard know about this one simple trick?

Jimmy Fallon What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Okay , Okay

I like the rivalry between Josh and Mahomies. This time, I want Joshua and company to beat Mahomies and any team that faces them post season.

When some people pull out all the tricks to win (in this case, 3 straight SBs) it is time to lose!

Go Colts Security Team!

Edited by Mighty Blue
More to add