Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trey Sermon

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m not saying I like sermon as a RB1.   

But, as a backup, I think he’s really solid. Combine when he’s in the game.  I don’t worry about the position.  

But maybe that’s just me…..

I think Goodson had more speed and just looks like he had a better burst. Sermon danced around too much and the hole closes.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think Goodson had more speed and just looks like he had a better burst. Sermon danced around too much and the hole closes.

Goodman is a smaller back.  He does have more speed and burst.   But Sherman can get between the tackles and still go outside from time to time.   

I didn’t see this weeks game.  I’m in the IR with mild Covid.   But I’ve seen enough of Sermon in other games to like what he brings.   I like him as RB2.   Goodman can also be RB2, it just depends on the circumstance.   

• Like 1

I prefer Goodson to Sermon.  However, it doesn't matter who is back there when Flacco is QB.  It will greatly hinder the running game.  Teams don't have to respect the possibility of Flacco keeping the ball and crash on the RB's.  

The Colts have needed a bigger push-the-Pile back in what seems like forever. The contract would be worth it to keep that kind of mileage off Taylor. The team has had its struggles in the run game in short yardage, in the redzone, and lead blocking with TE's.

Yet, the team continues to sign a Hines type player in the name versatility. Besides how many QB sneaks is the team going let AR run; given he has not fared well with contact to this point. Colts could use someone in the mold of a Frank Gore type RB.i