Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Flacco Time?

So with AR listed as doubtful it looks like it’s Joe Flacco time. My question is if The offense clicks with Flacco and we dominate the jags….especially with all our injuries….would this sway those who think ARs reps matter more than wins? Maybe AR should sit and watch this year?  If Flacco can give us a legit shot at winning it all….. shouldn’t we go with the hot hand?  What say you?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cjwhiskers said:

If Flacco starts, I personally think AR is healthy enough to play and this is Shane sending him a message that he needs to tough it out. 

What are you basing ARs health on?   Obviously nonsense 

19 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

So with AR listed as doubtful it looks like it’s Joe Flacco time. My question is if The offense clicks with Flacco and we dominate the jags….especially with all our injuries….would this sway those who think ARs reps matter more than wins? Maybe AR should sit and watch this year?  If Flacco can give us a legit shot at winning it all….. shouldn’t we go with the hot hand?  What say you?

No.  AR plays when he is healthy.   That's obvious 

Just now, jvan1973 said:

No.  AR plays when he is healthy.   That's obvious 

Maybe to a point. If we start losing games due to his inaccuracy and poor decision making it might not be. Honesty though I feel he’s going to end up getting hurt again.

6 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Maybe to a point. If we start losing games due to his inaccuracy and poor decision making it might not be. Honesty though I feel he’s going to end up getting hurt again.

Listen.  If he is healthy.  He will play.   

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Flacco gets us to maybe round one of the playoffs is the best case. There’s nothing at all to be gained be getting to the playoffs and getting bounced week one with AR riding the pine. No, you play AR regardless of wins, provided he’s healthy

42 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

He will only get used to nfl speed by playing. He can continue to work on mechanics. My main concern is the running game looked bad with flacco last week.

22 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

People keep complaining about this accuracy issue…. Yet he’s statistically better than Peyton was after the same number of games in the league. Peyton got better because of reps, that timing Peyton had with his WRs didn’t just happen, it took time. Let AR take his licks this season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Miller said:

Here are some different opinions from the Athletic. I agree with Zak Keefer.

The Colts and Jaguars meet in an AFC South clash. Would you start Joe Flacco this week, even if Anthony Richardson is healthy?

Mike Sando: I’d start Richardson if healthy and then reassess over a longer period of time.

Zak Keefer: Richardson needs to play. He’s still only eight starts into his NFL career and showed some promise early in Sunday’s win over the Steelers. He was more accurate from the pocket, ridding his game of the early season mistakes that buried the Colts in different spots in September. This season is all about reps for Richardson; as long as he’s healthy, he needs to be on the field, so in January this organization has a better sense if he’s the future or not.

Jeff Howe: Richardson and the offense were off to a nice start before he injured his hip. If Shane Steichen believes that group was on the verge of turning the corner, with or without Flacco, it shouldn’t even be up for debate that Richardson should be on the field. But what if Steichen still has doubts, namely that Jonathan Taylor’s early involvement helped the offense? In that case, with Taylor’s ankle injury, Steichen might think it’s necessary to give Flacco a shot to keep the Colts in the playoff mix. That’s when the decision gets much tougher. 

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5818472/2024/10/05/nfl-week-5-roundtable-bills-texans-cowboys-steelers-chiefs-injuries?source=user-shared-article

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, csmopar said:

People keep complaining about this accuracy issue…. Yet he’s statistically better than Peyton was after the same number of games in the league. Peyton got better because of reps, that timing Peyton had with his WRs didn’t just happen, it took time. Let AR take his licks this season. 

ARs and Mannings game are totally different.  AR uses his athletic ability while Manning used his mental ability. Two totally different QBs.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

ARs and Mannings game are totally different.  AR uses his athletic ability while Manning used his mental ability. Two totally different QBs.  

Agreed. 

im just old enough to remember everyone nitpicking Manning his rookie year, especially with the Interceptions. Lots of local media were jumpin on the Ryan Leaf bandwagon pre-draft. 

my entire point is simply I think the league has become too quick to toss young QBs to the side. The teams that are patient, seem to reap the benefits long term. Bills come to mind. Now I’m not saying AR will become the next Josh Allen. I’m just saying we need to be patient.

as I said before, I didn’t like any of the QBs in AR’s class. Including stroud who I’m still not sold on either. I definitely wasn’t on board with drafting AR, but I started to soften on that stance after seeing him in Training camp last year. But sadly, the worry I had pre-draft about run first thinking QBs is that they’re always banged up is turning out to be valid.

AR has to learn to not run the ball recklessly, run it out of bounds and live to fight another down. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

yes but they wont