Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans Colts Week 1 Predictions

danlhart87

Im expecting Texans game plan will look similar to Rams game plan from last year. Nacua ate us alive and Stafford sat back for most of the game with no pressure. Ran a lot of 4 and 5 WR to flood the zones. We need pressure and need to put hands on these guys 

I definitely don't think Houston can stop us on the ground. Run game should be productive. Passing game will pop as well as long as the run game is moving the right way. I'm not as confident if AR is just dropping back throwing a lot.

I have to predict a Colt loss today because the nfl loves to beat us on opening week. And this year is another double whammy opening. week loss as it is a divisional opponent. We are better than the texans but just won 't get it done today.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I thought that the Olsen comment about Colts receivers body catching balls was a strange comment.  I didn't notice it before.   That bad thing about body catching passes is if it hits your body then it can bounce out of your hands.  Perhaps this is causing the high drop rate ?   I wonder why receivers are body catching passes ?  Is AR throwing it too hard ?
    • People are bashing Ballard now, and I'm not going to pile on.  I like him better now that he's addressing skilled positions with higher draft picks/capital.   But to be honest, if we remember that draft, CHI was selling the first pick and we were at #4, so logic says we could have gotten that pick for less than CAR paid.  Every pundit was saying that Young was the best prospect and should go number 1, so a lot of folks here did not talk about trading up to 1 because they did not like BY.  They were content on getting the best QB left at 4.   So you are not going to get a lot of support for criticizing Ballard for not trading up, but your criticism is valid considering that Stroud is clearly the best QB of the bunch and we definitely had a trading partner looking for a deal.
    • Doug, I apologize if I have ever offended you but some of your takes do suck - Go Huskers, that Indiana game might be a problem, they look awesome.
    • His body language after these not in sync passes is not good. Olson pointed out how we are body catching his passes, we saw bobbling of them also. One mighty think guys are not tracking his passes well. Less speed, combined with better anticipation and touch. Josh Allen had big problems year one.   Caleb Williams had his share of problems last night.  I would say that Steichen and Jim Bob had a very lackluster day/week.     Our defensive staff had another brainless day.  I watched 5 games yesterday. We had the worst LB play. I think it's coaching strategy. Our guys can't be this poorly prepared. We need better anticipation and aggression. Playmaking. There is enough history proving we are stuck in the mud with Gus and his ancient coaching staff. And Ballard's roster theories.  I have credited much of our recent years of mediocrity on Frank and his hold on Irsays history of loyalty. And there is truth there. But there is a vision and plan that Ballard to a degree has made an open book.  Defensively, it's a screwed up mess. He can't build one. So many wasted draft picks, so much at best mediocrity.   Replacing him shouldn't be a step backwards, but a step forward.   After the season is fine, but i'm thinking the Irsays will not want the malaise on defense to linger under Gus, just as they wanted Frank gone for that reason.  It is what it is, and after that long wait for a new season, hugely disappointing.   One thing is certain, there are a number of talented QB's to enjoy watching, and Every team and fan base has to deal with injuries and a lot of frustration in every game we watch. Pray for our Colts!
  • Members

• John Waylon

John Waylon 5,444

• Solid84

Solid84 7,403

• ChuggaBeer

ChuggaBeer 1,841

• HOZER

HOZER 4,643

• jal8908

jal8908 0

Rookie