Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Preseason #3: Colts @ Bengals, Thursday, August 22, 2024, 8:00 PM ET

NFLfan

3 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Question is… how do we disguise him as Gay and have him as our starting kicker this season lol

Gay not getting kicks in doesnt make much sense honestly unless they wanted teams to see Shrader in hopes the kid wins a spot somewhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Treadwell has played great this preseason, led team last week in rec yards and again tonite. 9 targets and 9 catches

I think they are going to have a hard time cutting Treadwell.  Some team might want to trade for him.  There were a few trades today in the league.  So we shall see.

• Like 1

Some interesting cuts coming

QB-Bean or Sam or neither ?

WR-Dulin or Treadwell

Corner-Flowers or Baker

Slot corner- Abraham or Lammons 

DT-Do they keep Bryan or go with 4 in Middle with Davis

TE- Keep all 4 ? Woods to new IR situation ?

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I hate to be a killjoy but Gay is our kicker.  This is good for Shader.  Someone will pick him up.  So he will get his opportunity.  Good for him.

I know the Colts paid him a lot of money, but we should go with the guy who’s gonna win us games

20 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Treadwell has played great this preseason, led team last week in rec yards and again tonite. 9 targets and 9 catches

That is good to know. I hope he makes the team. He was never popular with most Vikings fans, except those that were fans of Ole Miss (I believe it is Ole Miss). He was a great player in college but sustained a major injury before going pro.

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I hate to be a killjoy but Gay is our kicker.  This is good for Shader.  Someone will pick him up.  So he will get his opportunity.  Good for him.

Gay has been a liability since tail end of last season i honestly wonder why Ballard gave him so much money.

12 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

No one said they were but if you are argument is players should honor what they signed shouldn’t teams honor what they signed or is it one sided?

It is both sided.

lets say your job is a contract. You get a 5 year contract, making 100,000 a year, fully guaranteed for the first 3 years, along with a signing bonus of 50,000 per year for a total of 250,000 signing bonus, signing bonus paid up front the day you sign the contract. The other two years of the contract are guaranteed only if you got seriously hurt in the job but pay you at 250,000 for year 4, and 350,000 for year 5.
you do your job, very well mind you, for the first 2 years. 

then in year 3, you decide to stop working until your boss gives you a big pay raise and extends your contract. All the while, you’ve already been paid your signing bonus upfront and stand to more than double your salary this year.  You not working the agreed job is breach of contract as you’ve already been paid the bonus per the contract terms.

on the other side, the company you signed that same contract for decides to cut the contract in year 3, you’re still owed the salary for that year plus you get to keep the full signing bonus and any other bonuses and incentives. But while youre getting paid, you’re free to sign with a new company and get paid from them as well. 

when a team cuts a player, they are typically on the hook for some amount of money that’s due, when a player sits out like Chase is, the team is still stuck paying him while he’s doing nothing and can only fine him small amounts per the CBA. Yet they get none of his services they paid for. So if any side of this is “one sided”, it is the players. 

9 hours ago, Jz0204945 said:

Gay has been a liability since tail end of last season i honestly wonder why Ballard gave him so much money.

He was actually the best kicker in the league when we signed him.  He single-handedly won a game last year with multiple 50 yard kicks in one game.  He had at least four 50 yard kicks last week in the Bengals practice.  I don’t think the team is worried about Gay.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

He was actually the best kicker in the league when we signed him.  He single-handedly won a game last year with multiple 50 yard kicks in one game.  He had at least four 50 yard kicks last week in the Bengals practice.  I don’t think the team is worried about Gay.

So was AV until suddenly he started missing kicks. 

12 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Ya second half of last year he missed more than he made and it wasnt just the Arizona game this preseason he missed one in the Denver game too.

On 8/24/2024 at 6:44 PM, richard pallo said:

There is no issue.

You do know he missed 3 field goals in the first 2 games right when it counts that could be the difference between winning and losing.

• NFLfan locked this topic