Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How to Beat the Texans (and every other team)

Smonroe

1 hour ago, TheNewGuy said:

It is how teams countered the Manning teams of the mid to late 2000's...or at least tried to.

Exactly.  The best Manning defense was to keep him on the bench.  

it also helped to blanket (Interfere) his receivers and not get called.   Not sure they’d get away with that in today’s game.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheNewGuy said:

It is how teams countered the Manning teams of the mid to late 2000's...or at least tried to.

Yep, Belichick, when he played Manning would almost always go for it on 4th and 2 or less because he knew he had to score beat the Colts. Just like Sean Payton in the SB with that onsides kick, Saints got lucky and got it, but it turned the whole game around. It kept Peyton on the bench and the Saints got 7 on that drive. That was basically a 14-point swing.

• Thanks 1

I like this 2024 team against anybody pretty much. Especially on offense where I think we may prove to have more than what Houston is working with when it's all said and done. As always injuries and AR are the keys. Ballards done a great job with the upgrades and we have nice depth. I can't wait until week 1 bc Im pretty confident we are going to take that one.

15 minutes ago, krunk said:

I like this 2024 team against anybody pretty much. Especially on offense where I think we may prove to have more than what Houston is working with when it's all said and done. As always injuries and AR are the keys. Ballards done a great job with the upgrades and we have nice depth. I can't wait until week 1 bc Im pretty confident we are going to take that one.

It sure would be nice to win a season opener game again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm gonna quote the great Al Davis "Within the first 10 plays of a game, the opponent's QB must go down and he must go down hard. It sets the tone for the game and sends a message to them that you're in for a fight"

I might have paraphrased a little, but you get the point. You can't just let the opposition get comfortable and run their offense. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I'm gonna quote the great Al Davis "Within the first 10 plays of a game, the opponent's QB must go down and he must go down hard. It sets the tone for the game and sends a message to them that you're in for a fight"

I might have paraphrased a little, but you get the point. You can't just let the opposition get comfortable and run their offense. 

Between the addition of Liatu plus the addition of Partridge, the new DL coach, I have very high hopes for a much improved defensive front!   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CR91 said:

“Touching the QB!  15 yard penalty!”

14 hours ago, CR91 said:

There is a reason the Raiders have $40.7 million this season and $62 million of the salary cap going to two players on the defensive line... They are looking to hit #15 of their rival hard, and often, in their two meetings each year. 

• Like 1