Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trading up with Chicago for Odunze

With the Bears getting Keenan that means they likely will view picks as more important than another WR. If there's confidence Bowers would be there at 15 then that would be great. But this team needs a true alpha pass catcher and Odunze is a guy that doesn't usually drop to 9. This is coming from an Oregon season ticket holder

• Like 2

23 hours ago, wig said:

With the Bears getting Keenan that means they likely will view picks as more important than another WR. If there's confidence Bowers would be there at 15 then that would be great. But this team needs a true alpha pass catcher and Odunze is a guy that doesn't usually drop to 9. This is coming from an Oregon season ticket holder

It depends on what the cost he. I have wanted Odunze to the Colts since the fall. If all it costs is this years 3rd rounder, I’m down for it. Or if the Bears still want receiver help I’d trade our 2024 3rd and Alex Pierce.

If they want anything more than I’m content with drafting Brian Thomas Jr or A.D. Mitchell.

• Like 3

Too many quality WR out there and 15 is a good spot. No need to trade up. One will fall in lap. Heck you can get a good one in this one without even using 15 on a WR.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Depending on how the draft falls and if the top 3 WRs are gone I think the Bears trade back with the Broncos at 12. If Odunze is there at 9 the Bears will want to take him themselves I think.

Depends also if all of this JJ McCarthy talk is real or a draft smokescreen. If McCarthy is on the board and someone wants to go up to 9, Chicago is going to ask for more than just a 3rd rounder. 

• Like 2

Hypothetically, on the flip side, let’s talk a scenario for us giving up No.15. If The Chiefs want Bowers as Kelce’s successor, and are willing to swap first round picks and give up a future 1st, would you give up No.15?

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 5:50 AM, chad72 said:

Hypothetically, on the flip side, let’s talk a scenario for us giving up No.15. If The Chiefs want Bowers as Kelce’s successor, and are willing to swap first round picks and give up a future 1st, would you give up No.15?

There is no realistic trade I would make if Bowers or Mitchell are at 15. I'd be running to the podium.  Streichen having Bowers is a dream scenario 

• Like 2

On 3/28/2024 at 1:50 PM, chad72 said:

I think I'd want more THIS draft as well.

Switch firsts, their 2nd this year and next. Still not sure I'd do it though. I'd really like for Bowers to land with the Colts.

2 hours ago, Solid84 said:

I think I'd want more THIS draft as well.

Switch firsts, their 2nd this year and next. Still not sure I'd do it though. I'd really like for Bowers to land with the Colts.

That wouldn't be enough compensation thought it is more darts on the board, IMO.

Switch firsts is a given. I'd want their future 1st and a current 3rd in addition. :) 

That would a) give us an extra pick this year on Day 2 plus b) give us their future 1st, which we can parlay for any trades we want to do.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 10:15 AM, Defjamz26 said:

It depends on what the cost he. I have wanted Odunze to the Colts since the fall. If all it costs is this years 3rd rounder, I’m down for it. Or if the Bears still want receiver help I’d trade our 2024 3rd and Alex Pierce.

If they want anything more than I’m content with drafting Brian Thomas Jr or A.D. Mitchell.

u trade up for a receiver when you are pretty healthy at your other roster spots. We have glaring holes at corner, DE, FS. We have to get the pass rush solved and  do not be mislead by last year's sack totals. This pass rush is invisible in to many games. They were apparently going after Hunter in free agency pretty hard. That tells me that they are not happy with the pass rush.  Expect them to put more resources into that area, plus they have to make a decision about Paye who does not deserve a 5th option. I would like a corner or DE at 15 and I want them to trade up to get that guy if they have to. They need a play maker

• 3 weeks later...